don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

I'd love to see what pre-redesign baby Sonic was going to look like.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Aww that baby Sonic is actually kinda cute

3. Chandler

Chandler

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Member
    Poland
    He's so adorable! I want to hug him so much.

4. Thunder Bro

Thunder Bro

It honestly kind of reminds me of the "anime" sonic easter egg from Sonic CD:
    [​IMG]

Especially this render of him sitting down:
    [​IMG]

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    It was here, apparently:

6. Linkabel

Linkabel

There wasn't any pics for it available, it was just the listing.

7. This is definitely what i was interested in. Maybe because it's foreign made and a movie, they decided to throw different actors on it?

or maybe since they know it'll be a dumpster fire Kanemaru doesn't want to associate with it :v

Also, I would honestly call that "Kid Sonic".

8. Pengi

Pengi

The island looks like a loose approximation of South Island in the 8-bit Sonic 1.

9. RDNexus

RDNexus

Is that trailer available on YouTube or something?
    I WANT AN HD IMAGE OF THAT SOUTH ISLAND!!!

EDIT: For once in a blue moon... Thanks YouTube.

Oh Goodness, such amazing rendition of the island!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  10. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Oh look, it's chibi style movie Sonic. I only wonder why seeing him so light-hearted and carefree puts me in a melancholic mood. Also, could it be that his eyeballs are rubbing against each other?

11. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    So, are we back in that time period when making baby versions of popular characters was the coolest thing ever?
    I really don't care for this.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    From what I can gather via Twitter translating Yuji Naka's tweets, he REALLY doesn't like how they ditched the mono-eye.

He's had like 4 tweets mentioning something about it and just posted this comparison between the baby Sonic figure and a bootleg Sonic clock he found in Taiwan in like 1994. He seems to be glad the movie exists though.

[​IMG]

I also find it funny that Yuji Naka wished for the original gremlin version to come out as a DVD extra. He wanted to watch the shitpost version :V

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  13. Wafer

Wafer

Find me on Twitter instead Member
    Huh, obviously the scale is a lot smaller, and some things are different, but I'll be damned if that isn't the 8-bit South Island. Well spotted @Pengi !

14. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    All those references to Sonic 1 don't really do anything for me. They just make me question more why they didn't do an (fully-animated) faithful adaptation from the jump. Don't get me wrong, seeing the aerial view of a reimagined South Island and the background tiles of Labyrinth Zone showing up as part of the Green Hill landscape is cool, but it's very likely they're both only going to appear for the first fifteen minutes of the movie.

As for Baby Sonic....I'm more interested seeing what the baby design for the original movie design would had been.

15. Speeps

Speeps

Haha, that south island render looks pretty similar to the 8-bit one, that's cool:

[​IMG]

16. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    The 'baby' Sonic keychain reminds me of a hedgehog version of 'baby' Groot.

Ps. Does anyone have a translation of what Sonic is saying in that trailer (I must've missed it if so)?

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Looking again at Baby Sonic's belly, it looks like perhaps the keychain might be based on the old design?

18. Turbohog

Turbohog

The baby Sonic stuff seems like a cheap (and bad) attempt to duplicate the popularity of baby Yoda.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I don't think that's the case. Baby Sonic likely always existed, only it was revised after the initial Sonic trailer came out.

Just a weird coincidence

20. MH MD

MH MD

Nah, implementing him in the movie takes a lot of time and resources, he was always there, i even remembering some rumors about him waaaay before baby yoda, you can't just see a new trend from like one month ago and be like "okay everyone, baby yoda is loved, let's make baby sonic quickly, alter the story on progress and make new lines and new CG scenes in this movie that will be released 2 months from now"