don't click here

Sonic Mania Adventures

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by LukyHRE, Mar 30, 2018.

1. runde

runde

Using Plan "B"... Member
    Deep in the gut of Texas
    What was I was supposed to do again?
    A+ work in all three episodes. I didn't really think that such a level of character expression would be greenlighted in this day and age.

2. Linkabel

Linkabel

3. Deef

Deef

Loved this episode; probably my favourite one. Ray's characterisation is really fun, well done. As someone else mentioned, the part where Ray spaces out about to touch the ME, then Knuckles grabs him by the head with that little squeaky sound... so funny! :D

And all the expressions with Knuckles. It is SO GOOD to seem him get some real positive characterisation too. His character was done poorly for quite a while, then it seemed the best angle he could get was to run off his own meme status. But in this episode Knuckles is a genuinely enjoyable, respectable character. Loved it.

Oh yeah, and the frames of Knuckles punching the badinks; really cool to look at. Such a good episode. Need like 97 more.

4. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    So, seeing that Knuckles and Ray are meeting for the first time here, what's the order of events now as far as Mania's concerned?

Mania > Mania Adventures > Encore Mode's Story?

So glad I wasn't the only one thinking about that comic the whole way through...

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Next episode comes out tomorrow everyone! This time featuring these two gents:

[​IMG]

So just 1 more after this and I'm guessing it's going to come out right around Mania Plus, which is less than a month away!

6. Saad

Saad

Morocco
    Being a nerd
    the episode is out and it's amazing as usual

7. Providing sauce:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAmBxc_yCsI[/youtube]

8. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    See Metal Sonic animated like that is awesome. Metal is just so goddamn COOL.

9. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    Cool that they kept the hanging animation from segasonic.

10. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Awesome penultimate part - loved how action-packed it was. For the limited time and budget they're working with, the team behind these shorts is working miracles here.

Particular highlight for me was + - Mighty's affectionate shoulder-punch and the ensuing aftermath - I wasn't expecting it at all and pretty much spat out my tea! XD  

Been enjoying the series so far, but sad that the next one will be the last. Give the team behind these carte blanche to do a proper animated series in future, SEGA! = P

Yes, loved that they kept this unique touch for Ray - was a nice surprise to see it in action. Really shows the Mania team know these characters inside-out. = )

11. I would hazard a guess this could be correct, and that at the end of Mania Adventures we see Mighty and Ray get captured and sent (back) to Angel Island, to be rescued for Encore Mode. Perhaps also explaining the Hard Boiled Heavies link to Encore mode too (namely magician).

12. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Beautiful! I love the way Metal Sonic acted. Stunning!

Bit confused about the time line. Mania clearly takes place after Sonic Arcade. But what about Chaotix. Where does that fit in?

Mighty couldn't have been missing for that long because he was in the 32X game, so does it take place after Mania?

Gonna be really sad when the final part hits as I have enjoyed watching these. One of the best things Sega has done with Sonic in a long time (aside from Mania of course!).

13. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    This episode in a nutshell
    [​IMG]

But seriously, great stuff. The fight was really well animated, and Ray is as cute as ever.
    I'm looking forward to the last episode. I wonder if super sonic is going to appear ?

14. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    More like:
    http://youtu.be/HEdg4glpCkg?t=18s
    2-3 minutes of animation budget left. Doesn't sound like much wrap this up on paper, but I'm still hyped for what's to come.

I can't tell what Mighty's entrance's music callback is. Is it SegaSonic's credits?

15. IndyCotton

IndyCotton

I find it really funny that Mighty's implied to not be able to control his immense strength at all times - also he apparently won't hold back with all of that strength at all if you get on his bad side. :ssh:

So much good stuff, might be most favorite episode by far! Especially because this one had interesting effect of opening up how immensely cool Metal can be.

16. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Metal Sonic was giving me OVA vibes, excellent stuff.

It'll be absolutely criminal if this doesn't become the next Sonic TV series.

17. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Do remember Mighty was captured in the Chaotix plot, hence why Knuckles had to use the Combi-Ring to free them.

Otherwise, I'd wager Knuckles Chaotix is before Mania Adventures. Knuckles has yet to encounter Mighty in person, but the trailer for Plus suggests familiarity. He might have just been informing Ray "Nope, not seen him lately" in Episode 3 when he shuck his head at the poster.

18. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Love the way Heese and company have really accentuated Mighty's strength in a manner way that segregates him from Knuckles, with his use of rocks and his hard shell. + - The accidental super shoulder-bump was especially good.  

Same goes for Metal Sonic, who I honestly felt was sublime here. I really like how his confrontation with Mighty showcased specific strengths (exceedingly fast speed) and weaknesses (not built for high endurance). + - Metal quickly taking Ray as a hostage for Mighty's emerald after being outmatched / damaged by Mighty's strength was an excellent example.   The only nitpick I have is that I wish he had a hint of Sonic's own cocky/brash attitude (he is a robot Sonic after all), like mocking Mighty for some missed swings, or (initially) treating the fight as a joke; although I do generally like his no-nonsense approach to things.

The art direction and music are also on point. The sunset color palette for Angel Island is great, as well as the musical Stardust Speedway cues for Metal Sonic and various sound effects.

Again, I really do wish Mania Adventures' length for the miniseries episodes were just at least twice as long compared what they usually are; even though what we've gotten so far is by and large excellent, the time constraints really do show IMO for the little that can be done per episode in regards to the action and story.

Just one more short to go....

19. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    [​IMG]

This isn't just me, right? :v:/>

This episode, as every episode has been, is phenomenal. Kudos to the team at Neko Productions and all those working with them.

20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    + - I was more thinking Evangelion, actually.  

Another great episode, the + - accidental making of Ray go flying   easily topped the list for me. Looking forward to seeing how this ends!