don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    There was an interview in Game Informer with Iizuka and someone else the other day. The way he talked about things seemed to suggest this, as he said things like Classic Universe or Modern World (he said Mighty exists in the Classic universe for example). And in response to Silver's Chemical Plant reference, maybe it's just a nod to it. Or it could be any ol Chemical Plant. Eggman took over after all, he'd probably have many of them.

2. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Aww man no classic sonic physics (Again)?! damn well may as well go and play one of them old Genesis Sonic clone knock off games that had better physics than this does.
    Just ewww........ His movement looks so stiff and unsonic like, even in the classic mode gameplay videos. This isn't sonic, its a knock off pretending to be Sonic.

3. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    [​IMG]

Not a fan of the HUD. It cuts off picture despite it being in the corners of the screen. It's very distracting to me.

4. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    Uh, I like it more than before after watching all this footage. It's finally starting to look enjoyable, but, yes, I hate those other characters speaking all the time, the worst part of many previous games was that kind of "supporting" (I fear for an omochao return :ohdear:). I wasn't interested in the drop dash thing until now; I understood its supposed utility but it looks clearer in this footage and seems kinda useful for quick reactions even having the good old spindash still there. Btw, I think they meant Chaos the leviathan, not Chaos the racing tamagotchis.

5. synchronizer

synchronizer

So does this basically confirm a rehashed Chemical Plant in this game too?

6. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Well, I suppose it's better than the copied green hill zone.

7. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    They say "Leave the Chemical Plant to us". I don't think we'll be visiting it. It's just dialogue.

I really hope the narrative doesn't suffer from having classic Sonic shoved into it.

8. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    Actually, the avatar gameplay shows something like a chemical plant in a Green Hill area. There's also the possibility of Mania and Forces having their plots intertwined, and Silver talking about the plant in Mania, but I really hope they don't do that. Another totally separated rendition of Chemical Plant is still a possibility, I'm afraid.

9. Sean Evans

Sean Evans

Professional Dork Member
    Earth
    Sonic Overture, Sonic Utopia
    Wow, I'm honestly not too impressed. The visuals look really clean, and the quality is very nice, but the design isn't there. Park Avenue was the most interesting thing they showed off, and even that started to get kind of bland after a while. The characters constantly talking while in stages is a bummer, hopefully you can turn that off. But what really killed that for me was the lazy mouth flap portrait next to the text. Mania's pretty much going to shit all over Forces Classic Sonic, so I wasn't too bothered with that. The Avatar character has some of the laziest looking levels so far, with long stretches of harmless enemies and basic platforms to jump on. Were it not for the aesthetics and automation (which I'm cringing at the fact is a staple at this point) It wouldn't scream Sonic at all. It's not bad, just unbelievably bland for a Sonic game. I was honestly only interested in how the Modern gameplay would turn out this time around. Of what they showed, it didn't look like much of a change from Generations or Unleashed. They had that one area that was alittle big that funneled back into a railroaded segment. And if what we've heard about it is to be believed, then later down the road there's probably going to be Lost World/Colors tier 2D platforming. It doesn't looks bad, just terribly uninteresting to me.

10. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    With a certain recent Ilzuka article and Eggman saying in-game that Classic Sonic is from another dimension. I'm a little confused what is going on. Generations already established that Classic Sonic, Tails, and Eggman are from the "PAST."

Unless this is another Classic Sonic?

11. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I think/hope this is the case. If they want to help give the impression the world is really under Eggman's control, referencing familiar locales with flavor text will help make for a more convincing sense of scale, even if only slightly.

12. Pokepunch

Pokepunch

UK
    A Sonic 2 Hack
    The HUD looks so boring.

13. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

It's possible that Tails was wrong about Classic Sonic.

14. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    I wish this game could come around and change my mind.

But no it hasn't. If I could do the opposite of buy this, I would.

15. synchronizer

synchronizer

Decrease number of units sold by 1?

16. Darth Taco

Darth Taco

Buy Mania :colbert:

And Bubsy :specialed:

17. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    I'm not sure about the Japanese dub of Generations, but don't the Eggmans acknowledge eachother as their past/future self? Plus Sonic and Tails vaguely remember (Classic Sonic ERA) areas like Green Hill and Chemical Plant.

18. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    In both Japanese and English, I felt Generations was quite clear about Classic Sonic and Eggman being past versions of their curren-gen selves, so I'm guessing Forces is using some other plot device to bring Classic Sonic into the mix (maybe just a way to not mess with the current 'timeline'?)

I'm so confused. I'm starting to get the Blaze vibes, where SEGA couldn't seem to decide between Rush / Colors DS / Sonic 06 whether she was legit from another time period, or from another dimension, OR BOTH.

I wouldn't be surprised if both Classic Sonic and the Create-A-Hero are both written as being from some alternate "dimension" for no reason other than it's an easy way to write it rather than worry about time paradoxes.

19. Blades

Blades

In that interview he also said we'll see Chaos again "soon," so he might be in Forces also.

I think in the same interview, he said the super emeralds do exist but just don't matter anymore.

20. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Classic Sonic's return in Generations was supposed to be one-off, but it now looks like it's going to be an ongoing series.

I wonder if Iizuka split Sonic into two separate Sonics (rather than younger/present self) to give themselves more wiggle room, so they won't have to worry about doing something in the Classic series that could contradict Modern (especially as it looks like the Classic series is going to be bringing back things that Modern dropped).

Classic Sonic from another dimension could also be a mistranslation (unlikely). Or maybe it's like what happened with Eggman Nega where he was from a dimension originally, but then from the future!