don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    I can show this now since everything is done. I asked MarkeyJester if he could make a title screen, provided a mockup and after some changes and additions the end result was this.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ham_QS0WIac[/youtube]
    Also this will have a completely custom soundtrack as listening to the same old tracks over and over again have become tiring. Here's the title screen.

2. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    It looks lovely. I'm looking forward to seeing progress on this as it goes on. :)

3. Infiniti

Infiniti

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Member
    UK
    I see the textures and hear the music and feel like crying! I have all I need to play PSO on PC (even set up a server I think), but finding people to play with, that's another story. (And schtserv has no ships up these days)

OK nostalgia trip out of the way, I Like what I see here. I'm going to give it a go once the game has downloaded.
    Sonic and the gang showed up on Pioneer 2, back in the day, I think it's great to see elements of PSO make their way into Sonic Adventure. I'd love to see more stuff brought over. Oh, speaking of Pioneer 2, any chance of seeing a Chao garden based off the ship, with either the main ship theme OR the online lobby theme?

4. ShadowBlitz

ShadowBlitz

It was definitely pretty neat for me to make. The main challenges with getting things in over chao gardens right now in the game is that with the method I was using to import stuff in, Egg Carrier doesn't seem to work right and I don't believe Mystic Ruins gardens can be changed with what I was using either since they're stored in .dll's. Station square though unfortunately has limitations in what space is accessible right now because of where the warp zones for the doors are placed (which I don't think can be moved easily).

Simply put though, it might be possible, but I think some areas would have to lay in regions which would make them unusable. I will note though that you seem to have a seemingly infinite corridor of reasonable width, as you can see in my forest import in the video, that can be used for play. I could look into it for sure though.

As for music, its relatively easy to put it in although as a side effect it will show up in every garden as the theme is shared. I feel like there's probably a way to change what music loads in an area to avoid this for places that share music normally, but I'm not sure offhand how you would do that.

5. Shockwave

Shockwave

LA, CA
    Sonic: South Island Warped
    Another copy-paste from SSRG:

6. Spunodi

Spunodi

That's Emporer Metallix! I love it!

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Tell me you made a certain edit to the Super Sonic sprites as well. =P

8. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    That blocky background doesn't do the Emperor justice, I think. Solid black would feel more foreboding and offer a greater sense of depth.

Other than that, though, wicked! :D

9. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I'm gonna echo Strife; that area definitely is not doing Metallix justice. Course, going by the timer I'm going to assume it's a test area?

10. Shockwave

Shockwave

LA, CA
    Sonic: South Island Warped
    Yeah, I just wanted to drop him into a level I had ready to see if I could get something like this working. I intend to give him a much more appropriate setting in the future.

11. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    The classic StC "Robotnik's base on the Special Zone" or bust pls

12. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    I have created a topic on how to make static splash screen, but what I don't show in the topic is what the results of simply following the guide looks like:

[​IMG]

This is to prevent laziness, and the original idea came from this post, where LocalH suggest something similar.

13. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I should actually use this in a joke hack. LOL this wins, Hitaxas....

14. DiscoTheBat

DiscoTheBat

Dimension Alpha
    Sega CD and 32X Shenanigans
    Well, here I am again with an update I did lately, I was fooling around with S3K disassembly and I managed to implement the shared shields gimmick, albeit I won't use anyway. I could use but I don't know, maybe in a not so distant future, anyway here's the picture.

[​IMG]

15. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    If you do use it, be sure that both shields use different instances of the loaded art. That way, let's say... you have the flame or bubble shield and Sonic uses the ability that goes with this shield, Tails' shield won't be garbled.

16. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    [​IMG]

A little something I did testing Triad's Palette Editor, since I finally had a few minutes to spare... I'm deciding to do a quick mini project with this... which palette style do you prefer? (Hint: Theme I'm going for is classic 1920's vaudeville)

17. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    I'd say a mix (if possible) of 2 and 1; 2 for shading, 1 for colour. (ie. take 2 and add 1 notch to every red.) If not then just 2.

18. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    A mix is certainly possible. I'd just simply use the greyscale technique I pulled for 2, and the blend I used for 1.

19. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Before my update of Sally in Sonic 1 is released, I wanna see what people think of this experiment:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It will likely be programmed onto the B button, with a unique laser animation. What monitors change into what varies so as to not god mod the move too much (don't expect to turn that batch of ring monitors into extra lives). :P I'm not sure what other objects I could add affect with it (any ideas within my range, anyone?).

I wanted to double check with everyone since I m mixed about it. On one hand I don't want to clutter up Sally's move set too much. On the other hand, I like the idea of using NICOLE for more than just a glorified pistol and alluding to her Mars concept seemed a neat idea. This is also one of the most elaborate bits of coding I've managed to do by myself (nearly everything else about the hack is a collaboration of many more talented members here).

If the majority approves, Sonic 2 will likely be updated accordingly (Super Sal possibly having the ability to switch through all items).

20. Devon

Devon

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Tech Member
    your mom
    I've ported Hyper Sonic into Sonic 2.

Credit to hitaxas for the kill all enemies on the screen code (Found here)