don't click here

The Sonic Merchandise Topic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Retro_Stew, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
  2. nesboy43

nesboy43

I am a big fan of the vinyl format and have been looking for classic Sonic vinyl. I recently ordered the single Super Sonic Dance Attack on vinyl, it is common in Europe so the most expensive part about it was shipping. I had been contemplating getting one on Discogs but when I saw one on Amazon I decided to go for it. However, when it arrived I was surprised to see it was actually Super Sonic Dance Attack Remix with a different cover than the original and it even contained promotional inserts mentioning "DJ Propaganda" (in German). For those who don't know, the first Super Sonic Dance Attack was released on vinyl and CD, but Remix was thought to have come out only on CD. I took some pictures and am in the process of making some scans to add to the wiki page. Its catalog number is: 74321 12724 1.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Doppelgengar

Doppelgengar

4. Samurai Echidna

Samurai Echidna

That's awesome! Are you still going to try and own the original album too?
    I want both Original and Remix, but only on CD.

Oh glob, yes! I HAVE to have that Hidden Palace Knuckles shirt.
    ...And after going to their Facebook page to vote, I'm not really a fan of the design that uses an image of Sonic from the comics.

5. Brilliant move on their part-- giving the store something exclusive. The "Hidden Palace Zone" concept is great, but I hope they spice up the design a little.

6. nesboy43

nesboy43

Thanks. Since the 16-Bit Version on the B-Side of the album is my favorite version of the normal SSDA I am very happy with what I received. There are tons of the original listed on Discogs but since the shipping is expensive to the US I am not going to go for the original album. I think there was a big techno/club scene in Europe in the 90s and Sega was trying to use that to promote Sonic. There are even certain compilations of various musicians which has Sonic on the cover for no reason.

7. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Does anyone own the Sonic Adventure "Fuse" video?
    It's for sale on ebay pretty cheap.
    I assume it's just this video here, but it might have more information considering this is just a few minutes long.

8. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    That is seriously cool.

9. Unreality

Unreality

The F4F figures keep grabbing my attention. This might seem like a silly question, but why are they so expensive?

I like them. But I'm a very value orientated person. I don't mind spending if my investment won't be worthless in future..do these things have resale value? I wouldn't intend to sell it but you just never know. Someday I might get bored of them taking up space. I already have too much clutter so this influences my decision too. I can afford them, but its a lot of money for a figure.

Also I see a lot of reports of faulty figures, paint, etc, this would seriously annoy me if it happened to me and probably make me wish I hadn't bothered! Thoughts welcome!

10. Unreality

Unreality

I've been doing a bit of clearing out lately and found a Sonic The Hedgehog badge and magnet making kit from Waddington's that I had when I was a kid. Funnily enough I can't see any mention of it online when I search.

EDIT: And here it is..

[​IMG]

11. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Bloody hell I forgot all about that, but now I recall having it. Memories~

12. nesboy43

nesboy43

If you live in the US and want First 4 Figures for cheap, check out the Sonic anniversary 2-inch multipack from Toys-R-Us. It has 6 figures from F4F repackaged for about 20$, sometimes Toys R Us will have sales on Sonic merchandise too. They are all very detailed and well done, Metal Sonic really stands out though because how intricate the little details are.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11791944

13. The 2 inch figures aren't expensive, but the statues are expensive because they're statues. Part of it is that they're expensive to produce because they're so big and detailed, and also that they don't order ridiculous amounts, they essentially take the pre-orders, order that amount, and then order extra to sell online. In the collectibles game statues and busts of popular characters are generally expensive, so they put on the whole dog and pony show that they're making these milsetone commemorative limited edition statue sets that they're only making available to true fans for a limited time only and people buy them up even though they definitely aren't that expensive to produce.

Basically it's exploitation of supply and demand, you create the demand and you purposely run low on the supply.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I love the F4F pieces- collected all of their Sonic statues so far and don't plan on stopping any time soon. Definitely grab your favourite character if you can. They're expensive, but they look really nice and the resale value on the them after they've sold out (especially the exclusive models) can be really high. There are reports of faulty pieces every so often (I've had such with Metal Sonic, and there was a packing error with Knuckles), but generally they come fine and the idea is that if you get a faulty one from them they'll replace it. And they take months to make though and are made from resin, so that's why they cost a lot. I actually moderate for them on their forums and Facebook, so ask me anything.

I'd really recommend getting just one at any rate. They make lovely centre-pieces.

15. nesboy43

nesboy43

I don't have any experience with the F4F statues, but the pictures I've seen look fantastic. However, the 10 inch Classic Sonic from Jazwares looks fantastic and is a great statue in my opinion. It is most likely no where near the level of detail that F4F statues would have, but it looks really nice and can even be posed. It's a great value too, considering that Toys R Us sells them for 20 bucks.

16. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    I have all four "exclusive" light-up F4F statues (Super Sonic, Metal Sonic, Knuckles and Tails). They're expensive, sure, but I don't regret it . You can tell they're high quality from the level of detail as well as the weight of them - seriously, they're really heavy. They look amazing together as well. I only wish I had the original Classic Sonic statue as well, I'll get it one day :/

I've heard the horror stories about F4F statues but I've honestly not had a single problem with any of my statues - they've all arrived in perfect condition, no faults or dodgy packaging or anything like that.

If you can afford them, I'd say go for it, most definitely! As Blue Blood said, it's worth it even if you just go for one of them. Maybe go for your favourite character first and see what you think?

As for the Jazwares 10 inch Classic Sonic that nesboy43 mentioned there - it's a beauty, I was surprised how nice it is :D An absolute steal for 20 quid, everyone should get one of these if they can (it took me a few weeks to get ahold of one actually, Toys R Us kept selling out week after week when it was released - they still had plenty of Modern Sonics left though... =P).

17. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    I think the only Sonic merchandise I have on hand at this point are a smaller, Jazware tails figure and a larger, Sonic one. They were literally giving away Sonic Unleashed with the Tails toy when I picked it up, it was a nice freebie, at least. :)

The large Sonic one was my Christmas present.

I used to have a lot more as a kid, but they kind of got discarded by my parents. I thought the springloaded Sonic McDonalds toy was awesome, though. :)

Pics later, when I can be bothered to get off my arse :P Sonic's still in his packaging

ETA: I forgot mention of a Sonic X plush, I think. It was something my sister picked up from her job at the thrift store. She also found me a foot sized Chococat plushie there <3 Washed him up good, no tags to worry about, he's now part of my collection.

Yes, I like Chococat and almost nothing else of Hello Kitty. So sue me. :P

18. I still have my three DS styluses from Sonic Chronicles. Are they worth money yet? >.>

19. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    See I really wish I could get one of the F4F classic statues, but they don't really go with my having no money thing, so instead I opted for these cheaper fuckers:
    [​IMG]

They're bloody awesome and cost me less than a tenner. I really want the Tails one, but I can't find it anywhere.