don't click here

The Sonic Merchandise Topic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Retro_Stew, Jul 11, 2011.

1. So, there's a person at First4Figures who I always email for support for the Sonic statues, so I thought I'd pump him for information. Didn't get much other than "We will make more Classic Sonic statues, but we can't state which ones." So sounds like eventually we'll be seeing Classic Amy and/or Classic Robotnik/Eggman. Either of which would be pretty awesome. Probably pretty obvious we'd be getting more in the Classic line, but nice to have semi-confirmation nontheless.

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

As far as the Classic line is concerned, I really want Eggman. In scale with Sonic he'd be huge considering Sonic is already a foot tall, but I could dig that. And then another Classic Sonic perhaps, in a more dynamic pose than the current one, with an Exclusive version. And ages ago, back when F4F first announced the modern line, I asked if we'd be seeing "Shadow, Rouge and Silver" to which I got the reply "at least one of those is confirmed". So at least one of them, and with Shadow being confirmed a while back, here's hoping they make Rouge next.

3. Eggman would be fantastic. I didn't order Modern Sonic and probably won't order Shadow... just too much money. I cut myself off at Classic exclusive editions, which is still an absurd amount of money to spend, but at least I drew a line.

4. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    Anybody know if these are official? Picked one up on eBay for next to nothing as I thought it looked cool. Would be good to know some history??

[​IMG]

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Definitely not official. You find things like that, be they necklaces, earrings, keyrings or anything else, quite regularly. Some times they're mass produced bootlegs and other times they're just humble hobby projects from an individual. There's a number of flaws on that make it clearly unofficial.

6. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    Cool, was just wondering. Still think it's a neat item though.

Nowhere as cool as my Sonic TecToy pin though.

7. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    I'm in the middle of decorating one of the spare rooms in my house so there are large chunks of my Sonic collection that I can't easily access (it's boxed up). I thought I'd share a couple of the things I still have lying around though, if anyone's interested, and I'll go through everything else when I can get to it to see what interesting stuff I have.

[​IMG]
    The Sonic pinball and Mountain Quest, they've been well loved but have always been stored in their boxes. The pinball is in perfect working order but the Mountain Quest is fucked (a spring fell out of the battery compartment when I opened it so the battery won't stay in), I'm gonna try to fix it at some point but I'm not hopeful.

If anyone wants more pictures of the boxes or anything, let me know.

[​IMG]
    This is my collection of Sonic books. I assume you guys are familiar with most of these, but if you want scans or anything, again just let me know.

Do bear in mind thought that I've had some of these since I was a kid, and my younger self put her handiwork in some of them; for example:

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

=P

8. KeathalKrisom

KeathalKrisom

I'll need to find it sometime, I had a Sonic Book when I was younger where you'd make decision like this:

A. Will Sonic go left?

B. Will Sonic go right?

If A skip to page 67

If A skip to Page 75

What reminded me of this was Jen's post with "Storming Sonic". Would be cool if there were a forum game using such a book.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Wait, you actually have the double [train drives past] book? That's awesome, hahaha

I have the pinball machine (out of box, got it at a boot sale a few years ago) and some of those books - specifically the second year book, Zone Zapper & Sonic vs Zonik (which sadly is broken - you literally cannot complete this book without using the half-arsed cheat in it). I also have the 4 novels, which it appears you don't - you should try and get hold of them, all 4 are really well written.

10. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Haha, I've not been able to look at -that- book in the same way for quite some time now =P

I've actually been trying to fill some gaps in my book collection recently - in fact, today I managed to get a copy of the small adventure gamebook that I'd been missing, number 5 "Theme Park Panic". I'm keeping a look out for the novels as well, I'd really like to track those down at some point.

As for other Sonic stuff, I have a couple of unusual things which I actually emailed Sonic Gear about today (after trawling through that website for a ridiculously long time)...

[​IMG]
    According to Sonic Gear this is from Brazil (they didn't have a very clear picture of it though), it's something I managed to grab off eBay a few years ago and I've not seen one since. Does anyone else have one of these and/or know anything about it?

[​IMG]
    This was a prize that I got back in 1998, for getting a (rather shitty) drawing published in Sonic the Comic =P

[​IMG]
    Anyone in England remember those bloody lovely toffee flavoured Sonic biscuits, which had the packets that you could make a picture from? For some reason I still have one of the completed pictures in my collection. I actually had them all at one point, I guess they got thrown out many years ago. Somehow this one was salvaged.

[​IMG]
    This cute little guy is from what is believed to be the earliest set of Japanese Sonic plushes ever made. You probably saw him in my cabinet when I posted a photo of it a little while ago, but I thought you might like to see a close-up because you don't see these around very often :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I believe these were mentioned much earlier in this topic, but here's a photo of them anyway, because the stock picture you normally see of them has the colours the wrong way around (blue on the bottom of the Tails glasses and orange on the bottom of the Sonic glasses) - I think they look nicer like this myself.

11. Pengi

Pengi

The toffee biscuits were the best! I remember they had character profiles on the back for badniks.

I've always really liked the art style used on the Sonic 1 plush toy tags. The Eggman, Flicky and Pocky images are used on the European Sonic 1 box (sans colour), but I don't think I've ever seen them used anywhere else.

12. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    FYI as someone who has spent 19 years of their life collecting Sonic comics, books and literature; Adventure Gamebook 2, The Sonic Story and the Sonic Puzzle book are quite rare. Look after them.

13. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Oh god those biscuits certainly were the best, I can still remember exactly how they tasted even now, I loved them. Such a shame that they don't exist any more (even if they'd changed the shapes instead of keeping them as Sonic biscuits it would have been nice, they just tasted too good). And yes, I remember the badniks being on the back as well, that was pretty cool!

I also agree about the art on the early Sonic plush tags, it's a really nice style :)

Damn, I was a kid when I got the puzzle book so I've kinda written all over it (solving the puzzles) x_x The other two that you mention are in really good condition though and haven't been written/drawn on.

I guess adventure gamebooks 3 and 4 are even more rare, right? I didn't even know they existed until I started looking up Sonic merchandise online - and the only times I've ever seen them for sale on ebay, people have been asking for crazy money for them (like, 80 quid crazy)! Do you have those ones?

14. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    I have number 3 but not 1 and 2 and I do have a few random books such as Where's Sonic? Book and the Martin Adam's novels. I didn't even know number 4 existed. Do you have a link?

Yeah some of them do fetch crazy money. Now and again you'll see some of them being sold for pennies by people who don't know what they're worth.

Loving the plushie. That's got to be worth a fair few £££

No I don't. I'm focusing on getting my US comic collection nailed first then I'll be moving on to those. I do have a few random books such as Where's Sonic? Book and the Martin Adam's novels.

Yeah some of them do fetch crazy money. Now and again you'll see some of them being sold for pennies by people who don't know what they're worth.

Loving the plushie. That's got to be worth a fair few £££

EDIT: Just found out that there's a No.2 Puzzle book as well :-(

15. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Yeah, there's some info (and a picture of the front cover) right at the bottom of this page of Sonic Gear.

I'll have to keep an eye out for them at a decent price, especially if I can track one down for pennies like you said (I've seen some of the other books for incredibly cheap prices so who knows what might show up one day).

As for the plushie, it was a gift from Orengefox and he doesn't remember how much he paid for it - he thinks it was around £30. They're pretty rare though, I've literally never seen one on ebay.

16. I have the robotnik from that set. He's adorable. I'll try to find a photo eventually.

17. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    Well two things today to share.

Firstly the rarest variant of the #1 Sonic Promo...the Mean Machines UK version (planning on getting this CGC graded):

[​IMG]

And this little dude turned up today. As soon as I saw them a few pages back I had to get one:

[​IMG]

18. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEGA-France-Sonic-The-Hedgehog-20th-Anniversary-Anti-Aging-Cream-Very-RARE-/321072554401?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4ac16a61a1

hahaha....wait what?

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Of course France would do that.

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Yep. It's real, and perhaps the most random piece ever. Would totally love it for my collection, but not for $1,250!