don't click here

Sonic Fighters

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by grap3fruitman, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    This is interesting! pretty cool they are making it a stand alone, wonder if its going to be HD upgraded?

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Widescreen port of the Gems Collections port no doubt. Never been too interested in StF really.

3. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    This is a + - way past (don't hurt me)   cool discovery. Fighters, while not as intense as, say, Street Fighter II, is still a very fun time-waster and is very enjoyable, I think. It makes Gems Collection worthwhile on its own.

4. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Yeah, it's probably gonna be an HD version of the Gems Collection port. However if online multiplayer is included, I'm gonna play the shit out of it. :v:

5. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Heh, and I just got a chance to play Sonic the Fighters this afternoon while ordering from this restaurant. Unfortunately, my order was ready when the 2nd round started. DX
    Great to see this coming though, especially real soon. Can't wait to play.

6. CrashSG32

CrashSG32

Australia
    Project Crash & Generations Hacking
    Oh my goodness... if this is real...
    I'd die of happiness. Forget SA2HD, STFHD for me c:

7. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Wonder if there'd be any way to get Honey or Metal Sonic or any other bonus characters playable. Sega probably won't be arsed though.

8. I will punch Sega in the face if they don't give this online multiplayer.

9. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Oh man, this gonna be good. Can't wait to play this again. Better be getting a Steam release!

10. BluGenesi

BluGenesi

Canada, eh
    Making films
    This is awesome! I remember playing the gems collection circa 2006 at a friends house on gems
    collection, and while it was nothing too special, I had so much fun finishing off Bark with
    a charged spin dash. No matter what anyone says, it was a creative fighting game with awesome fighting moves.And it is about time they started
    releasing the harder to get games, Now I just want psn ports of Sonic 3 complete, Knuckles chaotix,
    and Sega-sonic.

As for what I would like to see from this port is a move list, (like in gems collection) upgraded textures, and online play.
    But of course I could still be suckered in to buying even the most bare bones release for 10-18 dollars.

11. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    One more reason to prolong tracking down Sonic Gems Collection! So ready for this.

12. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    This is something I could probably get behind.

13. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I never could get Super Sonic in StF. It was just too hard for me to beat Metal Sonic on that first round (Now second? Sure.). Hoping this is true.

14. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    With the multiple fighting games on the pic, I'd say it's fairly obvious that we can expect another one of those Vintage Collection things being released. Maybe at this point they could have some 'Rare Sonic' ports with Chaotix, SegaSonic Arcade. etc.)

I can see it now. We all become progressively excited as it looms over release, one forum member has a downer post to say about this game, 90% of community agree and claim that they won't buy it/won't be fooled by SEGA again. This gets released, we all buy it. Sonic's fist is slightly off colour and off center. OH NOES YOU DUN GOOF FAIL ME AGAIN SNEGA!

15. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Time to get rid of Gems Collection I guess! StF was the only reason I was bothering to keep it now.

16. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Can Sonic R come too please? I want to FEEL THE SUNSHINE!

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    At least being tricked by sega these days isn't as offensive as it was in like 2006. Back then it was more like a punch in the balls, now it's more like them punching your shoulder

18. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    The one game lacking on that list is Fighters Megamix, to at least make up for no Hornet in SASRT.