don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    The perspective of that cart seems very strange. The wheels and the drill look like the are a little bit angeled, but the actual wagon is perfectly centered and facing the player. You should fix that.

Otherwise, looking good!

2. yeah, I somehow figured that out. I will be working on the art later.
    Thanks for the feedback!

3. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    Wow, that must have been really difficult. You must really know those games inside out!

also I agree with Selbi about that minecart. It probably wouldn't be too hard to replace those bits of art though, right? It sounds pretty cool.

4. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    [​IMG]

weeeeeeeee. I'm thinking about turning whatever this is into a fangame so I don't have to worry about Genesis limitations or anything. I'm just looking for critique on the art I guess?

5. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I like it except for 2 things. The ground... and Sonic's hands and feet being so dark, while his eyes are still so bright. Other than that, the whole day/night concept is a nice idea that isn't seen enough in classics.

6. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Yeah, Sonic's eyes are tricky because they just look bad if I colour them as dark as his gloves and whatnot. What don't you like about the ground?

7. I like it, my only problem there is that the background lacks of shading, and that the texture of the grass looks strange... But I got to say that the tree you drew is appealing!
    Also, another picture from my planet-based hack, Eggland (Yes, my hack has a storyline with the universe and planets involved) showing Eggman's new UFO-planet styled eggmobile and the first planet's foreground art.
    [​IMG]

8. theocas

theocas

Tech Member
    That's sexy. So very sexy. I love that dithering style - it looks very professional, and the artefacts and distortion created by the video encoder on real hardware makes that style of art look very good and smooth. I really want to play this zone, though. =P

9. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Your ground pattern is a little busy and I don't like the taller tree's trunk as much as the short ones, but I really like what you've got going here. Those reflected islands in the background are simple, but very effective. It's really pretty.

10. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    [​IMG]

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Ooooooooo.

12. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Impressive.

13. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    This looks great! Any chance though, that we could see this implemented within SonLVL though? Instead of ANOTHER individual program?
    Great work though MM, as always!

14. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    How would it be implemented within SonLVL? What about the fact that previous versions of the Hg disassembly/the 2007 disassembly store the paths differently than the current version?

15. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    That I don't know. If it can't be done, then it can't be done, no worries. Just asking.

16. flamewing

flamewing

Emerald Hunter Tech Member
    France
    Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
    You can put a small doc (or maybe a dialog) explaining what to do in those cases.

17. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Although I would rather not require users to edit their INI files, perhaps it is inevitable that the nature of the Hg disassembly will eventually require it (especially if we actually do reorganize the folder structure).

18. theocas

theocas

Tech Member
    So I've been working on this little interactive VDP documentation thingie...
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbls1xJ6BoI[/youtube]
    (I know the video sucks, blame my PC. SFX are placeholder until I create my own.)

19. Hey, that looks very nice! It is a nice documentation, and seems you added the effects to show examples to make people see how every effect works. Good thing!

20. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Gave my hack an end of act animation (with help from RHS and Psy in getting it working), using that sprite from the old Leapster hacking topic:

[​IMG]

Edited parts to fit in with the other sprites (shoes, belly, shading a little, etc) but it looks pretty good in my opinion. There is another sprite before that one though, so it doesn't jump from standing to thumbs up XD