don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Depends on when the issue comes out. E3 is early June, too, so if it comes out at the right time, Project Cafe will have been properly revealed and it'd be okay to discuss titles for it. Granted, this would require the magazine editors/authors to have knowledge of the game in question quite a bit in advance, due to the turnaround of your typical magazine...

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Project Cafe will be out in 2012. Sonic's 20th Anniversary isn't in 2012. If it's a game for the 20th anniversary, than it will probably be for Wii or 3DS.

3. Tanks

Tanks

TBH I knew something was up when they didn't announce for a Nintendo console. Putting my money on a 3DS version.

4. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Never stopped Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

5. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    Honestly, if a port to the Cafe's gonna be announced at E3 or anytime really, it won't matter for me. I'm getting the game on the 360. There'd be no way I'd want to wait until next year to buy a game I'm excited for when I don't have to. If they ended up giving it exclusive features, sure, I might buy the port later down the line... But from my stance, I don't think a Cafe port would do well if it's released after the other versions. Then again, it depends how you think about it. This game will most likely be out close to the end of the year, and isn't this system supposed to release early 2012? Might not be so farfetched, after all.

But it would be cool, so I do hope it does happen. At least that way, Nintendo fans don't miss out on a celebration of 20 years of the franchise's history. Still, for now, I must remain skeptical of pretty much everything Cafe-related until E3. Better to take rumors and speculation with a grain of salt than to get hyped up and end up being disappointed.

Also, didn't one of the interviews (I think with Iizuka) say that more stages would be revealed in the coming weeks? That'd be cool if City Escape gets shown off soon (I'm assuming it'll be in the game due to the whole rerecording of the escape from the city song, and all that).

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    For those who don't know about it, here's a comment made by SEGA in the newest Soniclock video:

7. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Well that was helpfully specific!

8. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    They DO care! ;A;

9. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    That was random and great at the same time. Sega's actually listening it seems.

10. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    Another magazine in another language had a slightly interesting tidbit this game has been in at least concept development for at least 3 years, a little before Unleashed came out (before they became a unified single team that say and were split up into multiple teams).

Also, the magazine provided a screen of Classic Sonic which looks more recent than other screens. His eyes, stomach, and eyebrow have been fixed and changed:
    [​IMG]

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Whats the magazine? Are there any scans?

12. Now that's beautiful.

13. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    Yes there are, though as said another language.

These were scanned by Redhelic:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Is it just me or does the size difference between Modern and Classic change between artwork?

15. gold lightning

gold lightning

That pic looks sexy. It's almost perfect! I'm really impressed this time Sega.

16. snow toilet

snow toilet

I huff kitty litter Member
    Anytime, USA
    Sonic Grand Prix??
    I'm not.

A friend of mine works at a Game Stop and has it on paper for a late 2011 release.
    Not sure if that helps anyone whatsoever but hey.

17. Sega already said "The Holidays 2011" right? At least they said that to me over Twitter when I asked a few weeks back.

18. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    That really doesn't deconfirm anything.

19. snow toilet

snow toilet

I huff kitty litter Member
    Anytime, USA
    Sonic Grand Prix??
    I realize this.
    However, they had stated "holiday" 2011 and some people could consider summer to be a holiday being that students are off school and 4th of July.
    It doesn't matter I guess.

20. True, all they did say was...
    ...to the question if it would hit on Sonics birthday or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.