don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    You forgot 32X, Pico, Negeo Pocket, GBA, DS, Leapster, Diji, and PC plus mutiplatform.

2. Right........ Well I am sure that everyone here on retro knows what I mean.

3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Another European interview video:

David Corless is also interviewed, who confirms that it will also include more recent games like Sonic Colors. I hope this means Planet Wisp or Starlight Carnival in HD

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Any stage from Colours would be rather awesome, but I'd actually rather have Sweet Mountain or Aquarium Park, simple for the sake fo those levels being true standouts from a visual design point of view.

5. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Would probably use the Super object placement, or use parts that don't involve wisps. Unelss they just have a fresh layout based on those areas...is it me or do I remember it being mentioned that Asteroid Coaster was rated highest? Could be wrong

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Uh... any levels from any games will have brand new layouts, I'm sure. C.Sonic and M.Sonic both have brand new GHZ layouts so the same it most likely going to apply everywhere else.

7. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Seconding Aquarium Park. After playing through for the red rings I really came to truly appreciate the level design of that stage, not only visually but also from all the exploration it had in it. If they pick any designated water Zone for Gens I hope it's Aquarium Park, as it's the only Zone in my mind that even comes close to Hydrocity Zone.

Not that...I don't want Hydrocity Zone too. Is it too much to ask to have both? :v:

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Indeed. That would make for an interesting 2D modern underwater level for Classic.

And it would be very reminiscent of the original concept for the Japan-themed Labyrinth Zone.

EDIT:
    Not to get any hopes up, but there's some Bridge Zone in that video (emulated SMS version, of course).

9. Yeah, I was looking for a better version for some time, but there isn't any, so I thought: "What the heck!" and just smoothed out the blurry stuff.

Quite satisified with the end result, thanks for the feedback! Maybe I'll open a Creative Works topic when I have a little more stuff to show!

10. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    I would honestly cum buckets if Starlight Carnival was in Generations. It was certainly my favourite visually (bright spaceships in space are awesome) but the layout kind of sucked. On a slightly different note, I'm putting my money on Eggmanland being the level from Unleashed, if they do take anything from that game. The realistic look of the other levels wouldn't really fit with the designs of the old levels, and Eggmanland is just great, and totally insane to boot.

11. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    I like how this game implies that Modern Sonic is canonically an older version while Classic is the younger. It's something I think they should have done in Sonic Adventure.

It'd have made sense, wouldn't it? After all, that was the first major Sonic game after 4-5 years.

12. I second that. It's cool how they are acknowledging that classic is a younger sonic, rather than out of nowhere Sonic changing appearance. Should make for some funny/interesting cut scenes, especially with a mute classic sonic.

13. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Sega is weird. Why is Europe getting all the press on this? Not even one English interview?

14. Runner

Runner

Long time no see, old friend. Member
    Maybe is because classic Sonic was more famous than Mario only in Europe.

15. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    Well there was that interview on G4...

16. nicko

nicko

Look Alike
    University
    who here thinks they may add a boss battle mode for collecting all the emeralds

Death egg zone - Sonic 2

Doomsday zone - S3K

Perfect Chaos - Sonic adventure (May not be added due to tsunami)

Final Hazard - Sonic adventure 2

Metal Madness/Overlord - Sonic Heroes

Solaris - Sonic 06

Perfect Dark Gaia - Sonic Unleashed

Nega Wisp Armour - Sonic Colours

I think this could be a very good idea to see all these boss fights in glorious HD and add even more replay value

17. If they were to do some kind of boss battle remix, I would expect them to use boss battles already in the game versus adding completly new ones...

...but I wouldn't lie that would be awesome if it were the case.

18. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Most of those I pretty much never want to see ever again!

19. serpx

serpx

If they're to bring a boss battle back, I'd vote the entirety of the boss fight (Hyper Sonic and all) from Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I would cry.

20. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Pretty much. Quite a few of those fights are fought in such similar ways to the point that it would probably feel monotonous and draining to take them all on in sequence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.