don't click here

Sonic Generations - we still haven't played it

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If the reveal is anything like Colors was last year, bricks will be shat, fingers will be pointed, and WTFs will be exchanged.

2. Yuzu

Yuzu

It just seems to me that as of lately SEGA have a way of avoiding gameplay/screenshots being leaked of games that aren't on PartnerNET

3. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    SEGA is never good with keeping secrets. Eventually a leak will happen, it's only a matter of time.

I have a feeling an official announcement could be soon though.

4. Yuzu

Yuzu

It just wouldn't surprise me that this game is pretty early in development and this 3D Green Hill Zone rendition could be the only thing that's properly done in the game.

Of course, that's just speculating.

5. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I would be perfectly fine with this, because it would mean they are pacing themselves greatly, something that hasn't happened since... well, ever with a Sonic game. Deadlines and rushing seems to be something that has always been done with Sonic games and when it got to 3D it didn't fly anymore.

And I hope whatever they're doing isn't a Wii exclusive. I'd prefer a traditional control layout that (assuming they're going with the Unleashed/Colors gameplay) maps quickstep to the bumpers where they should be.

6. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    You know, it's not like the Wii's incapable of having a good controller...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The bad control sheme(s) in Colors is pretty much due to idiocy rather than hardware incapability. And because all I have is a Wii, I don't really care if it's Wii exclusive, because if it's not, then that means I'll be stuck with a shitty fangame designed mostly by Dimps like what happened with Sonic Unleashed. Or nothing, not like I'm actually going to buy it if that's what happens. Pretty soon I'm going to sell all my shitty Wii games, Unleashed is one of them.

7. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Does the GameCube controller work with Colours?

8. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    Yes, but for some reason they very stupidly mapped the controls (you quick-step with the analog stick). Really Sonic Team, really? Ever heard of L and R?

9. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace

You're Under Arrest, okay? Member
    Santiago, Chile
    Sonic Paradise.net - Noticias de Sonic en Español (Yes, the "Ñ" will rule the world).
    I want to make something clear. The "source" was a comment in an article that ANYONE can see and read here.

Because we never knew or learned about that supposed image before, we asked via Twitter some confirmation if the news was or wasn't true. We NEVER affirmed that the image existed, and we NEVER did a news article about it because of that doubt.

Sorry if you went confused about that, but sincerely I think isn't our fault. In fact, I suggested Tristan via Twitter to take anything about this with a grain of salt until we got some real proofs, however, it didn't happen, but I can't have any interference in the discretion of another news site webmaster.

Oh, and by the way, it wasn't our "exclusive". I'd suggest you to go here first.

10. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    True, but this being Sonic Team, if they were to make another game based primarily for the Wii, I doubt they would take the time to alter the control mapping.

Though they did that for The Black Knight from Secret Rings so I guess there's that chance. But I doubt they'll do it anyway, I'm expecting them to focus on an HD version.

11. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Dude the second link you posted is in another language so how am I supposed to decipher that. I'm guessing you work for Sonic Paradise then? You might be able to help. How reliable was the story regarding the Sega rep's comments (the retro levels being remastered in 3D)? Basically we need to confirm that to have any idea as to what this game is going to be.

Also I didn't intend to diss your site. So apologies there. I just meant that the story only ever appeared on one site (Sonic Paradise) and then was linked to by some others (that just copied the news) back in October so the information may not be that reliable.

I'm so tired right now. I'm going to sleep.

PS. It was cool of you to clarify the situation.

12. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    The heck? Having the quick step on the analog worked fine for me.

13. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Yeah, but there shouldn't be any problem with having the game on the Wii other than limited processing power, and Colors hit that one out of the park. Assuming most Wii owners never bothered to get a Classic controller OR never owned a GameCube, the Wiimote and nunchuk setup is still sufficient for the demands of a 3D platformer. I don't care how fast you're going. If Super Mario Galaxy can do it, then so can Sonic, right?

*Attempts to rationalize elegant control scheme for Wiimote+Nunchuk that doesn't suck, and fails miserably*

Actually, nevermind. Just require a GameCube controller or Classic Pro controller. It'll save everyone a lot of headaches and time. The only other solution that'll allow Sonic to be controllable with the Wiimote+Nunchuk is to cut down his moveset to run, jump, stomp, roll/spindash, homing attack, and double jump. That's right, cut out the quick-stepping and drifting. Or require a controller with shoulder buttons.

14. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace

Santiago, Chile
    Sonic Paradise.net - Noticias de Sonic en Español (Yes, the "Ñ" will rule the world).
    I am the webmaster and main editor for Sonic Paradise, so I'm responsible about keep the site online and any information that goes live in it. Basically everything about what happened at the Gamefest 2010 have been explained by the guys that attended the show.

In brief, they spent the most of time at the Sega stand, so they talked to almost anyone there that Friday, and one of the employees was the guy that revealed them the bombs, in other words, he told them the news that we all know about Anniversary and Mario & Sonic 3. I've been in talk with them for a long time, so I know that they are cool people and not trolls awaiting for "fame" inside a hungry of leaks Sonic world fanbase.

Sadly, I don't know more than you about this matter, so I'm expectant as anyone here. Oh, and the spanish link it's Sonic Reikai, the forum where everything began.

15. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I'm the one who talked to that sega rep at gamefest, the same who posted it at Sonic Reikai, and told everything to Jack Wallace later on. It is legit, we ( my boyfriend RACCAR and I, the ones who talked to the sega rep) are not lying. And we have told everithing that the guy has told us. I can prove that we were there, with photos of us at the sega stand. Sadly, I don't have any with the sega rep in question, but I can make a photo of my gamefest 2010 ticket to use it as proof. I'm also willing to clarify this all the times it is needed.

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    *shrugs* Each to their own. Quickstep not being on the shoulder buttons was the one control interface issue I had with Colours.

17. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    I'll take that as confirmation. Thanks for coming in here and clarifying the situation. We appreciate it. With this new information we can approximate that Sonic Anniversary will (as far as we know) be a compilation of retro levels remastered which is an exciting prospect. I am surprised that the site we do not speak of hasn't jumped on this yet. Sonic Retro ahead of the game as usual.

Apologies to you and Jack for so adamantly questioning your information though it has brought us to a positive conclusion. We are still waiting for official information of course (I still believe this will happen at E3 save for Sega jumping out of the closet and shouting "surprise") but the additional background you gave to that report is helpful and as previously stated: appreciated.

18. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Eh, I had some issues with the homing attack being the same button as the jump, it's a pain to try and double jump into a platform just to accidentally homing attack into an enemy, stupidly enough, the one time they mapped the homing attack to another button was in Unleashed, where it was mapped in the same button as the air boost, which is even more annoying.

19. Rokkan

Rokkan

Uhhh unless you're being sarcastic, him coming in and saying this isn't exactly substantial and concrete proof.

This might be true, but at the same time, it might not. I'll take this with a grain of salt.

20. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace

Santiago, Chile
    Yeah, you can believe it or not, it's your decision. I trust the guys at Reikai so I think it's true but c'mon, Sega haven't shown anything about Anniversary yet so it's normal being skeptical.

Oh, and by the way, Ash is a she :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.