don't click here

Sonic Generations - we still haven't played it

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Cool! Sweet! And Catchy! Member
    Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    Metal Sonic looks absolutely amazing!!! Loving the detail on him and that render. Probably one of the best artworks of him so far. I don't really mind the other characters cause I actually like them lol. *bricked* I'm not to worried about the other characters artwork because they could be for anything like the Mario and Sonic spin off game Sega mentioned was in the works. But man I cannot stop looking at that Metal Sonic.....now I wish to see a 3D Sonic Colours styled remake of Sonic CD. Imagine Stardust Speedway and racing Metal Sonic looking like that..... :D

2. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    He looks nice, but am I the only one who's sick of seeing him? After CD, Triple Trouble, and Chaotix, he's already been in Heroes, both Rivals games, and pretty much every spinoff Sonic title ever, including a special plot twist appearance in the most awful and most recent one yet. And he's going to be in Sonic 4. Enough already! He's focking boring. Give me Mecha Sonic, he's a badass mo'fo! Why haven't they brought him back at all?

3. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    I always felt it was the other way around. I felt like Sega never gave Metal Sonic along with the other Mecha's enough attention and love. Theres so much you can do with them and also great dark yet light hearted game storylines you can work off of with them. I'd love to see the Mecha Sonic from Sonic 3 and Knuckles make another appearance along with Silver Sonic from Sonic 2. I think the reason why they aren't reappearing is because they were completely destroyed the first time around. Metal got repaired because there were pieces left after he got injured in Sonic CD. I agree though they are badass Mechas that deserve more appearances, the difference between them and Metal Sonic is that they are obedient killing machines whereas Metal is the disobedient servant who does whatever he wants. Hell even the Mecha designs for Sonic X-treme looked cool too, it would be cool to see those be used somewhere.

4. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Pffff hahahahaha
    Why did you have to remind me about that. :psyduck:

5. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Believe it or not, the Silver render is old. It was the basis of the Sonic Channel wallpaper for December 2009 and THEN appeared in that sticker book for the UK. This would be the first time it's been seen in the clear though.

Also, judging by that URL, they're probably just for the main Sonic Channel page, like the Sonic one.

EDIT: HAHA, that's the Free Riders Metal Sonic. Note the altered hands and feet.

6. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace

You're Under Arrest, okay? Member
    Santiago, Chile
    Sonic Paradise.net - Noticias de Sonic en Español (Yes, the "Ñ" will rule the world).
    I don't think those renders have any relationship with Anniversary, maybe it's some random update to Channel. I really don't see that variety of playable characters in a game that keeps the series' actual roots.

7. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    So, Eggman is content with reviving Metal Sonic, but not Super Mecha Sonic? That doesn't make sense. Hell, he was in a test tube along with Metal in SA1. And I just started to hate Metal after seeing his thrilling performance in Heroes. And then doubly so after see the same stupid plot twist in a game like Free Riders.

8. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    You have a point there, I completely forgot about Sonic Adventure. I really need to replay Adventure 1 and 2 because I forgot so much stuff involving them. I agree I hate what they did to Metal Sonic in Heroes and Free Riders, they turned him into a joke, and his transformation in Heroes pissed me off. It looked stupid, what is so wrong with fighting Metal in his normal form? According to Adventure Mecha has been rebuilt since he's sitting in a test tube, why Sega doesn't use him is beyond me. Like I said theres so much potential there with all the Metal hybrids of Sonic. Even the X-treme Metal Sonic concept artwork looks pretty awesome and I wish they'd do something with them. I want to see this guy make an appearance someday he is my favorite concept, he looks intimidating and dangerous and really down right cool in my opinion.

[​IMG]

9. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    His legs remind me of Marina Liteyears from Mischief Makers.

10. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    I'm starting to think Metal Sonic is like DCAU Batman: His stoic face and awesome design keep him looking awesome, no matter what silly thing artists depict him doing. Ice Skating even looks badass when he does it.

Hey, at least when those two are plugged in another game, it's a fleeting sign that Microsoft hasn't given up on them. You don't advertise a dead franchise.

11. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    The only time Metal Sonic looked remotely cool in the past 5 years was riding his mech-bike around Death Egg Zone in ASR. I might actually rent that game someday.

Where'd you get that concept art? It looks sick and menacing. Who needs legs when I have rocket boosters and SPIKES?

By the way, who wants to see this someday:

[​IMG]

Or maybe this?

[​IMG]

12. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    + - Tails Doll for final boss of Anniversary game or Episode 2 please   :v:

13. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Fuck those, gimme some of this:

[​IMG]

14. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    I think I'd stop giving a shit altogether if that happened.

15. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    That only makes me feel worse about it, I would rather much see Banjo die than have M$ and new Rare continue whoring them out like that.

Now back on topic. How about Nack/Fang the Sniper to finally make a come back? I couldn't think of anything else to post but I didn't want this post to be completely off topic you know. :v:

16. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    Yeah I'll admit Sega has made Metal Sonic not as badass and menacing as he used to be which saddens me due to his actual personality and character. The concept art is from Sonic X-treme they had multiple Metal Sonic concepts of different Mecha's or transformations for the regular Sonic CD Metal Sonic we all know and love. That one I posted is one of my most top favorite concept drawings they made. He does look very sick and menacing, I wouldn't want to mess with him, I mean the spikes on his head look dangerous enough alone along with his knife like claw fingers. The Mecha just looks down right awesome to me. You can find the concept art on the Senntient forums among other Sonic X-treme goodies. I would love to see a Metal Tails and Knuckles, where did you get those pictures? Are they fan art or from the comics? I don't recall seeing those pictures but I really love that Tails picture the most. I wouldn't mind seeing a Egg Robo and Tails Doll again too. :P

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All of these concepts are pretty interesting and full of some good ideas, its to bad Sega won't use them and they will just forever collect dust in someones drawer or garage. I always felt Sonic X-treme had the potential for a much darker storyline and plot and could really emphasis how Robotnik's machines are beginning to upgrade and become more menacing along with his dream to establish Eggmanland and take over the world.

Sorry to drastically derail from the main topic, I have a feeling the pictures are just for Sonic Channel and won't be for any up coming games. Theres some render pictures in the past that never went to anything in particular. I think its to soon to judge what Anniversary may be and to even believe some of the magazine articles claiming some insight on the big secret Sega is hiding. I'm going to wait till Sega makes an official announcement before I make any judges or opinions but I can say I am very excited for what it may be and am anxiously anticipating it more than any other upcoming Sonic releases. More than Sonic 4 Episode 2 as well, which I also have a feeling may be much better than Sonic 4 Episode 1. The fact Sega are acknowledging that there are problems, taking time to work on the games and not rushing and also keeping it on the down low to me is a good sign that the up coming games will be good if not better Sonic games.

17. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I'm ALWAYS campaigning for the return of Metal Knuckles.

18. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    I don't like any of those Metal Sonic designs, half of them I couldn't even tell were Metal Sonic unless you told me.

19. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    So this. But I think our chances of seeing Metal Knuckles is higher in Sonic 4 when they eventually present Knuckles, most likely in episode 3. It would make a better choice than re-introducing egg robo, though that would be cool as well.

And by higher chance, I mean slightly higher than no chance at all :(

20. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Well, they had Silver Knuckles (Mecha Knuckles?) in Sonic Advance, and that's about the only interesting thing I remember from that game. As for the Metal Tails and Knuckles pics, google them.

A lot of really wacky and cool designs they've got for Sonic X-Treme's Metal Sonic, I must admit. Any one of those would've made Metal Sonic more interesting, or have been interesting as a character unto themselves. That big red one reminds me too much of Gundam, though, and the one above it looks like a lackluster redesign of Mecha Sonic. That last one looks like it'd make a cute little mid-boss or mid-form of a major boss, and the second one just looks goofy in its imitation of Sonic. He looks like an AoStH cartoon. Yeah, I like the first one you posted the best, he looks freaking evil and threatening, floating with those blood-red spike legs. It would give kids nightmares, and that would be awesome.

Enough about X-Treme, I guess, since this is about the Anniversary game. I just hope this game kicks exponentially more ass than Colors and Sonic 4 do right now. Might as well shoot for the stars, amirite?

I love Egg Robo too. One Egg Robo could hand any Egg Pawn it's ass any day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.