don't click here

General Project Thread & Feedback

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by steveswede, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaximusDM

MaximusDM

Sonic 2HD - Concept Artist Member
    So I don't get it, was the countdown really a deadline for the staff to finish the EHZ alpha? And you missed the target?
    Because if you are going to have a countdown, finish what you are going to actually reveal first. So you actually have something to reveal.

Also, what is with the cropped cloud; is this actually a screen shot or a concept picture?
    [​IMG]

2. Gambit

Gambit

Sonic 2 HD Staff - Level Artist Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    That means a tile got out-of-place somehow.

3. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    So wait, you guys seriously pulled a Sonic 4? Come on man, I bet you even whined about it when SEGA did it. You can't turn around and do it yourself.

Also something about Sonic's movement is off. I can't quite put my finger on it though.

4. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    You're not reading anything anybody's saying here, are you?

5. zemulii

zemulii

I'm just curious... is that tree all vector?

6. ancara

ancara

You may not like it, but I think the problem is that you only have one guy doing all the programming work.

I know LOst (I think that's who's doing the programming) has been kinda stubborn about this kind of thing, but if you want progress and less problems, you're gonna have to let go.

I don't mean to sound rude somewhat, but you guys well......you guys need at least 1 more programmer to help out. At least to see what LOst has trouble with so as to do what he can't, and to be able to test out stuff on more computers, thus allowing a better enjoyable experiance for the community.

So yeah, this is probably the point where LOst comes in and gets a little peeved about what I said (sorry if I'm assuming the wrong thing), but still. All I'm saying is this: Let another help with what one can't do programming-wise, and then I think you'll see how it can truely help you guys out in the long run.

Hopefully my words make sense, and I hope I didn't offend you guys. :v:

7. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    It's LOst, actually. :s

Also, wow Canned Karma, glossing over everything said here much?

8. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Chara Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    All vector! :)

9. zemulii

zemulii

Is there any chance of a shading tutorial? I love the shading on the leaves!

Edit: After the alpha is sorted out of course ;).

10. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    Cinossu, I'm not trying to gloss over anything. The whole reason I'm still on here is to respond to people. If you going to say that, do me a favor and be clear cut about it so I can do the same.

11. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    It's the fact that you aren't responding that's the glossy shine here, dear.

You've done a huge booboo. You're the Project Manager. Step up and mitigate the damage here. Stay in the topic, refreshing for replies and reply to them. I know it takes up your obviously valuable time, but you need to stop ignoring everyone.

12. look at post #378 and tell me you responded I'm the only one so far since your explanation that has said thanks

13. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Then stop avoiding questions...? You just simply glossed over some of them by giving them a standard PR answer.

14. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Okay, you got me.

Great troll guys. Countdown clock that reveals nothing, and staff team pretending that they're listening to complaints while ignoring the complaints!

You guys are such a riot! It's like the real Sonic 4 experience.

Now that the joke is obviously over, where's the download link?

15. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    Then actually respond to people. Like, say, um, Tweaker. Respond to him. He sure looks mighty angry and I bet a nice little response would do wonders.

16. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    No matter what reasons there were for a lack of demo, the feeling I felt when I found out was f**king horrible. I haven't been so excited then disappointed about anything. Dear. Oh well.

17. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    :rolleyes:

18. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    We've got different ideas for what staying in the topic and talking to people about things is. But whatever. Here we are.

We're working with ScarredSun as we speak to look at how to better present things in the future. I fully agree with both Slingerland and Tweaker that more deadlines are a bad idea so we're not doing them anymore. I acknowledged what you said, Cinossu, and agreed with that too. We are not officially working with Sega Chimpo. Just about everyone else but Tweaker is upset that we created a deadline and then didn't live up to the hype generated by it. I've already responded to that; it turned into a disaster and this is the result. I'm trying to take the steps needed to make sure it doesn't happen again, and that starts by hearing, and listening to, what you have to say.

Tweaker, we'll be working closer with you and ScarredSun on a regular basis. We're not consciously trying to screw you over, but I do recognize that we have left you critically out of the loop. Considering you've supported us when damn few others wanted to, all this is one hell of a bitter pill to swallow. That's why I'm not trying to rebut anything you've said. I'll make an effort to keep you far better informed going forward.

19. Felik

Felik

Nobody is blaming you for the deadline (at least I don't). People are upset about pointless hype that shouldn't have been done! And also you acted just like SEGA with Sonic 4 which is no good.
    Basically you said "Oh Sorry, Tweaker, we forgot that you are in da club". Existence of "the club" is what Tweaker was upset about.

20. Huepow00

Huepow00

That Crazy Bunny Member
    Orange County
    SSK: Super Sonic Knockout
    :colbert:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.