don't click here

Sonic Megamix: Now on Ebay

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by SonikkuForever, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaiyt

Vaiyt

Oglio p'ru çeu Member
    Youtube is a cesspool of stupidity anyway, and the morons who follow that claptrap will download an outdated file. Let the idiots burn.

2. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    Hooray for massive generalisations!

3. Flygon

Flygon

Well, it's true. I've had so many people think I've made the TAS's I've upload it isn't funny, even despite the author being credited quite clearly in the title.

YouTubers will eat and generalize anything from the moment they see the video.

4. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Drop a rom with something NSFW in there instead. :v:

5. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I regularly visit Youtube for Youtube Poop, but none of that other crap like "Bedroom Invader" or Angry Video Fail Nerd. Just Youtube Poops and the occasional music video.

6. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Hey, Angry Video Game Nerd is fucking great. But I don't watch him on Youtube, haha. Just YTP and the occasional song, like you.

7. Maxd

Maxd

Alabama
    Mixin'
    How about Sonic WFTLame? :v:

8. People always sell the older versions of hacks. The unfinished Pokemon Quartz, the early Pokemon ShinyGold, and Sonic Megamix version 3. If you're going to illegally sell hacks, at least make them recent! Besides, if you want to play hacks without using computers, use a PSP!

9. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Um no. No one ever sells their hacks, pirates get a hold of their hacks. They know better not to do that shit, otherwise they'd get in fucking huge trouble, by the feds no less. Also you bumped a thread. :v:

10. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.

He bumped Sonic 2 Retro Remix's thread as well. Anyway it is stuff like this is why I made this screen:

[​IMG]

Why ANYONE would steal my hack is beyond me, though this kind of thing HAS HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE.

----------------------
    EDIT:

GTKoopa http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?s=&...st&p=522267
    08:13 GTKoopa "People always sell the older versions of hacks. The unfinished Pokemon Quartz, the early Pokemon ShinyGold, and Sonic Megamix version 3. If you're going to illegally sell hacks, at least make them recent! Besides, if you want to play hacks without using computers, use a PSP! "
    08:13 GTKoopa Hmm
    08:14 GTKoopa I always read the as their
    08:14 GTKoopa maybe we are misinterpreting what he is saying
    08:16 GTKoopa Maybe he doesn't mean the people as the hack makers, but the people who steal the hacks

11. dsrb

dsrb

Re your last line, that seems obvious to me.

12. Oops, sorry, I didn't notice how old these threads were. But yeah, I'm talking about people stealing others' hacks and people who buy them just to play them outside of a computor.

13. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    I have given away burned copies of Sonic Megamix V4 with Sega CD systems for free if they bought my system, but never sold the actual roms to anyone. There is a big difference there.

14. Random Number

Random Number

Once, I actually bought Pokemon Shiny Gold off ebay, thinking it would be recent, but hell, I was wrong. I was so mad, I just literally broke the game in pieces and flushed it down the toilet. But anyway, there is another way for people who don't want to play them on computers: Flash Carts.

15. Amethyst

Amethyst

Thanks for the top tip. :rolleyes:

16. libertyernie

libertyernie

502 Bad Gateway Member
    Or the Genesis emulator for Wii. But neither that nor flash carts work with Megamix; for that, get a Sega CD.

17. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member
    Get flash discs. :eng101:

In all seriousness, really? Version 3? They probably won't even start getting sued by Tweaker selling 4b (if they're stupid enough to sell unfinished versions) until 2013 at this rate.

18. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member
    I'm still chuckling over this. But oh well. Pirates gonna pirate, hackers gonna hack, Square Enix gonna C&D, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.