don't click here

Robotnik's Revenge

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by ColinC10, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OOOH, that boss. Sorry, I guess I thought of the wrong boss.

2. TheLazenby

TheLazenby

Yeah, Sonic 1 and 2 BOTH have incredibly simple end bosses. Sonic 3 was tough, S&K was fuckin' ridiculous.

On the other hand, RR gave me the chance to see how incredibly lame the Hill Top boss is. You just hop on him and stay there... in a few seconds, he's gone. Pfft. (Chemical Plant's is the same way, if you know what you're doing. You can have him beat before he's done filling up the first load of slime if you're quick.)

3. Random Hero!

Random Hero!

London, UK.
    Sonic 2: Remix Project (Music)
    I agree with TheLazenby with what he said about the Sonic games' difficulty curve.

I'm liking this game, it's really awesome!

Keep up the good work whilst I try to not get killed. :P

4. TheLazenby

TheLazenby

I don't mean to brag but...

08:51:21. *S* rating. :-D

The key? Learning how to bounce on the Star Light boss's head instead of hitting him once at a time.

5. Destructiox

Destructiox

Masochistic Maniac, Raving Lunatic Member
    East Midlands, England
    Sonic 1 Lunacy.
    That's not bragging.

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?sho...st&p=232193

THAT'S bragging. :v:

That said, it's still a good time, better than mine ;) I've not been able to master that technique of bouncing on the SLZ boss yet.

6. Vaiyt

Vaiyt

Oglio p'ru çeu Member
    My first experience with this hack was playing on the mode with no rings and dying three times at the Emerald Hill boss. It was love at first humiliation.

My times now hover at the 10/12-minute range... damn Final Zone boss.

7. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    Fucking awesome. I love this, you're a genius :P

8. TheLazenby

TheLazenby

I'm down to 8:45:48... my goal at the moment is to somehow beat the 8:30 barrier.

EDIT: Now 8:40:91. Getting closer...

9. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Best time I've done is about 8:35, I think. I play it pretty much every day. XD

I was wondering though, on page 3 Rattleman makes mention of using PAR codes to play as Super Sonic. For curiosity's sake, I'd be very interested in doing that, but as I've got no hacking knowledge whatsoever, I don't know how to figure out the codes that would do it. I tried the ones for vanilla Sonic 2, to no avail.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    You'd also have to have either debug or a PAR code that gives you 50 Rings and a PAR code that stops the decreasing ring count. Are there even 50 rings in the entire game?

11. Unless the RAM addresses have been changed around, the PAR codes for Kega are FFFFB1:0007 for 7 emeralds and FFFE21:0064 for a constant 100 rings. For Gens, they're FFFFB0:0007 and FFFE20:0064.

12. Hate me for saying this if you want to, but I think it would be kind of awesome if ALL of the bosses from the genesis Sonic games were in one hack. You know, Sonic 1-3(&K) bosses. Maybe CD bosses. Porting to Sega CD if need be.

13. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Sure I want to hate you. You just did a FIFTEEN MONTHS BUMP to say something which was already suggested at least SIX TIMES in this thread.

Yeah everyone would like to get also the bosses from Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Enjoy your 20% warning and your inability to post for a week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.