don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    So how about that Public beta?

2. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    You ain't getting it because I haven't made anything to give to the public yet!

...Not until I've finished another act of Dopplertown, the first act of Magma Industry and an act of the new Frozen Circuit, anyway.

Oh, about Frozen Circuit:
    [​IMG]

3. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    That Genesis-ized version of the Advance jumping is looking pretty good thar. :3

4. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    It's actually from the ModGen Sonic sheet. Surprised people are finally putting it in, not too shabby.

5. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    Not mine, but SOMEBODY ELSE'S. Looks to be someone who doesn't go to Retro or at least isn't a member at the forums. In the video description he is asking hacking related questions. Simple questions, yes. But to a beginner you have no idea what to do.

The layout isn't changed radically changed yet, apart from editing existing chunks and objects. But look at the ART EDIT. It is interesting on the usual built off existing art kind of way. I think he/she deserves a notice here.

6. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    I second that ^, nice design btw, maybe darken the colours a tad, but give em a bit more contrast.

7. BaconFace

BaconFace

DrTapeworm Member
    [​IMG]
    A horrible new palette for Chemical Plant. I don't think I'll be working on this that much.

Note that this is actually an old screen. I've already fixed the blue colors in the slime.

8. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    Thanks for the comments guys I'll probably end up darkening that bg a bit.

LOL I might do that.

9. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    I thought I'd finally show off my level layout for Marble Garden Act 1 in my untitled S3K hack. It's been in a more or less completed state for a while so I thought I'd keep people up to date with progress and how things are going.

The palette I made usually gets mixed feelings as to whether it works or not but I rather like it and think it does a good job of giving the level a facelift of sorts.

The mini-boss hasn't been changed yet, but I will get around to doing something with it.

10. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Nice going DA, the music running at a slightly low pitch mixed with the evening palette, gives a great feeling that works well, not to mention the layout which looks and feels entirely new (Some clever gimicks there). Can't wait to see the mini-boss edit.

11. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom

That palette for Marble Garden looks really good. It's nice to see how something as simple as a palette change can greatly alter the feel of a level, well done there. I share the same thoughts on the level layouts as MarkeyJester...they seem to have been planned out really well and the different branches that I could see are a promising sign of great replay value, and excellent use of the level gimicks there. Am I right in assuming there will be exclusive paths for Knuckles?

12. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    I quite like the palette as a whole, the mz music fit wells and the layouts look new and fresh. Can't wait to play it. :)

13. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Yes, Knuckles will have his own routes (And different starting points) in most levels. Knuckles' path in MGZ1 connects back up to Sonic's about half way through, although you can take another branching route to get back to it earlier.

And thanks for the comments guys. Progress is slow, but it's still progress.
    I will finish this hack (inb4 "D.A. Garden to finish another hack since Westside island? Pfft"), it's just not gonna be any time soon, unfortunately.

14. Ice Sonic

Ice Sonic

Ice Cap
    No, I am not working on any hack, fanart, or website.
    I like it a lot. Palette is awesome and the slight music change fits nicely. Level design looks very good and fun to play. Good job. :)

Did you made that Sonic 1 Westside Island hack? I really liked that hack!

15. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Yes, I did. The only other hack I have actually completed. And I'm glad you liked it. If you managed to get past Neon Plaza's boss, then kudos. (I've had a fair few people say it's too hard for the second boss)

To keep this post from being a one sentence reply, I will also say that most, if not all, of the blue spinning top rides in the video I uploaded will be removed. I'm making them Act 2 exclusive.
    There are 2 reasons; 1) Nearly all instances of use at the moment are very small journeys that crash through a wall, only to get smashed by spikes straight after. A few people noticed it and I never noticed how pointless they are until now. 2) Act 2 has those large cylinder structures you can run up back and forth on the spinning tops which encourages their use.

16. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    As it's not worth to create a topic for this, I'll post it here:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:v:

17. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
  18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    One of the things I liked about Heroes (same with Rush 1) was the menu design. It sort of seemed like a throwback to the more Japanese classic style art they used for boxart and such. You go ahead and ruin it D:

19. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    It's just proof-of-concept-stuff, really, sorry for destroying them, though.

It was part of a test of what I could and could not edit without the .txd-files being corrupted by simply being saved despite any changes taking place. As it would seem, the textures for the menu are mostly among those editable (funnily enough, the textures for the characters within the menus are not, despite being near-identical to the in-game textures... which kinda makes them redundant to begin with.)

Soon gonna check what else I can edit, for the time being, I got a lil' update.

[​IMG]
    Funny how the render-sequence-format between Heroes and Adventure 2 are nearly the same, eh?

[​IMG]
    Yeah, Knuckles kinda sucks in this thingy so far, will be replaced later.

[​IMG]
    Background is again a POC-thingy.

[​IMG]
    Meant mainly as a parody. 8D

20. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Funny how a shitfuck of games including Crysis do to. It's almost like it's a very widely used video format.