don't click here

Music Remastered

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Athelstone, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm reminded of OCRemix's WFZ track on the Hedgehog Heaven album.

Granted there was only 1 good track in the entire album, so yeah.

2. McGuirk

McGuirk

The Egg-Man Cometh. Member
    I'm curious, which one might that be?

3. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    I think he was referring to the WFZ track he mentioned a few words ago.

4. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    No, I think he was implying it was poorly-mixed -- too heavy -- and repetitive.

5. Hill Top Heaven.

Decent enough to listen to and fairly accurate to the original track.

6. wangle

wangle

Does anyone else use MidiG ?

7. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    Heya guys, question for you all: What do you use to get such great-sounding horn sounds? I'm going to attempt to contribute some music soon and would like to know this.

8. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    I'd like to know if it's possible to add non-synthy instruments to the crappy selection Acid Music Studio 6.0 gives. Strings and electric guitars in particular. And hopefully under $100.

9. scubaSteve

scubaSteve

Sonic 2HD - Music Coordinator Member
    OH, US
    This is the first time I've heard of it... was there something specific you wanted to ask? Someone might be able to help anyway...
    If you're talking *realistic* horns, samples are really the only way to go :)
    If it has a sampler/SoundFont player (and glancing over the feature list I can't tell if it does or not), you should be able to find some free samples/SoundFonts very easily... I would be wary of using anything but the real thing for an electric guitar though - simple chords are usually the only things that don't sound immediately fake. That said, here's a pretty good free sample set (just power chords, open and muted): http://www.nucleus-soundlab.com/mgp2.htm.

10. wangle

wangle

It is a hard to find, but very good softsynth midi player, I use it to render midi->wav output easily, to me, it sounds better than colossus, especially video game genre midis.

11. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Nothing horrible about MidiG but I highly recommend you replace some of the soundfonts that come with it.

12. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Easy people. Has anyone got any solid work done on the Boss Theme and Hill Top Zone Theme yet. Or an idea on what intruments your going to be using. Been trying to do some preset making with the lead in HTZ with not much luck as they have been sounding pretty flat. Would you say that the main lead sounds simular to a Harmonica?

ScubaSteve.

Have you got much done lately?

13. Hello folks! I'm back after all too long of an absence. I glad to see that things are still going pretty well with this project. Kudos to scubaSteve for the awesome CPZ mix. Clearly you spent a long time on it and it paid off. :-)

I have nothing new to contribute at the moment, but I hope to have a submission or two music-wise in the next few weeks or months. I'm waiting on access to some new software first.

14. scubaSteve

scubaSteve

OH, US
    Great to have you back, Blue Streak!

Regarding the HTZ lead, I really don't know what that thing's supposed to be (I just think it sounds completely obnoxious), but I'd put it somewhere between a harmonica and a sax. If you want to use something slightly different though, I for one wouldn't mind. Regarding your first and last question: Yes :)
    Here's my Boss Theme WIP.

15. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    Where is the choir? :colbert: I like it, but it's just so brassy.

Seriously though, try replacing the background melody (starts at about 00:16 I think) with a choir or octave strings. That's the way I always imagined it for some reason, and it would probably be more effective that way.

16. scubaSteve

scubaSteve

OH, US
    I really don't hear anything in the original that could be interpreted as a choir, but it's a good idea anyway. I posted this one up much earlier than I usually do (hence the WIP), so I'm definitely open to changes here :)

17. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Sweet. I'm liking what you are doing to it and I like the tension with the volume of the brass. Done a fusion with mine for a bit of fun. Sounds a bit rough but I spent about 2 minutes doing it.

Boss Theme Fusion.

18. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Uhm guys. Listen. The drumbeat. Sounds very military-ish, doesn't it? That's what I believe the Boss theme should be like, no strings or choir or shit. Or just do the Sonic 2 Beta Boss theme. I don't care, both of them sound awesome.

19. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    I agree. A choir = way too epic proportions. Only Final Boss material.

20. wangle

wangle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.