don't click here

Your Top 5 Best & Worst Sonic Games?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Retrogamer, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    BEST:
    1. Sonic CD
    This is sonic perfection. When Sonic CD is at it's best, it's the peak of the series.

2. Sonic 3 & Knuckles
    The most epic sonic adventure of all, it was a glorious, enormous send off to the gameplay style we all love

3. Sonic Unleashed
    I hesitate drawing parallels, but if Sonic CD is 2D perfection, Sonic Unleashed is 3D perfection. It's the peak of any 3D sonic.

4. Sonic the Hedgehog (genesis)
    Ahh classic. The one that started it all. Clocking in at 4th on this impressive resume is nothing to laugh at - this game is GREAT, and proved once and for all that Genesis does (what nintendon't.)

5. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    A drastic branch in the formula that Sonic CD and Sonic 1 created, that would eventually see it's magnum opus in Sonic 3 & Knuckles

LEAST:
    5. Sonic Heroes
    Simply a broken 3D sonic. It's the very example of an average 3D sonic game. Not the worst (technically) but far from the best (unleashed).

4. Sonic Spinball
    I never get this games appeal. Pinball is physics based. Sonic is physics based. So why does the blending of the two have some of the worst physics I've ever seen?

3. Shadow the Hedgehog
    This counts as a sonic game, right? In all realness, the game is about as bad as Sonic Heroes, I.e. not quite bottom of the barrel, and it's actual gameplay is a step up from some of the other entries in the adventure series, but it's brooding mood is a huge turn off.

2. Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3/360)
    You knew it was coming. Rather than harp on all the bad things it got wrong, as I'm sure you all know, I'll just say that it's music was at least grand.

1. Sonic Adventure 2
    Yes, Sonic 2k6 is technically worst, but I hate SA2 with a burning passion. It marked the very point when the old sonic style died, and ushered in an era of awful angsty sonic that would culminate with the most broken entry in the series.

2. (EDIT: Lizam's list seems similar to mine :()

Best:

1. Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles (2 brilliant genesis games - UNITED)
    2. Sonic The Hedgehog
    3. Sonic The Hedgehog 2
    4. Sonic Adventure 2 (Well. I kind of love this game, and I kind of hate it. But I love it more than I hate it.)
    5. Sonic CD (So damn buggy...but still.)

Worst, only mentioning the ones I played (Wrong order actually, there are so many bad ones):
    1. Sonic Genesis (DUDE.)
    2. Sonic Labyrinth
    3. Sonic Blast
    4. Sonic (GG)
    5. Shadow The Hedgehog

As you can see, I hate the Game Gear ones. Really, only 2 or so are not completely boring and lame to me. :P (And I usually like retro stuff)

3. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    Wie bitte? I've only ever encountered about 4 bugs in the Mega-CD version (zipping through walls, the palette in TT1 messing up when going over the top sometimes, the peelout/spindash sound continuing after release and falling through the floor of SS2 when jumping off that one slope at a certain speed and angle), which is definitely less than most other Sonic games. So I ask again, Sonic CD, exceptionally buggy?

4. Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Children, Children, don't be scared. Member
    Toledo, OH
    Level Concepts
    Mind if I extend my lists a bit?

Worst:

1. Shadow the Hedgehog
    ~Reason~ I had such high hopes for this game. I thought maybe the guns wouldn't be such a big deal. Maybe they really will capitalize on what this character should be... wrong. Oh, and let's give 'em a fucking motorcycle too and start using the really horrible voice actors from 4Kids. Not that this is the worst Sonic game by any stretch, but it was the greatest disappointment, and where Sega/Sonic Team began to care more about making money than pleasing their actual fans. As a big fan of a Shadow, this was a spiky boot to my crotch.

2. Sonic R/Sonic Labyrinth (I didn't know which was worse than the other...)
    ~ You all know these games suck. Hell, I even gave them a shot. I've probably beaten R half a dozen times... not for any reason other than when it came out, I was pining for something real, and this was as close as they ended up getting. Thankfully, better things came. Now I beat it just to show people how shitty it is, and that it can be done if a quarter of an hour! And Labyrinth just sucks... Period.

3. Sonic Drift
    ~Yeah, fuck that.

4. Sonic Shuffle
    ~Sadly, when this game came out, I played it all night. I then woke up thinking... what the hell is wrong with me? It's party element was hard to place due to load times and overall sluggish mini-game play, and only a few of those games were fun at all. Mix it in with an insult to the Dreamcast's graphic capabilities and a bunch of annoying dialogue, package it, and sell it to suckers like me. I at least tricked one guy into thinking it was fun. ;)

5. Sonic Game Gear mish-mash of suck
    ~ The first few Sonic games they made for this were atrocious and hard to play. Sonic 2 was supposed to be about Tails... Hell, he was on the cover! It just really was not fun and clunky. Were you playing or tolerating? It almost insults me to call the first one Sonic the Hedgehog... but not as much as the next entry.

6. Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
    ~ I really hate what happened here. Unfinished game, clunky controls, awkward physics even! The hub worlds were more annoying than they should have been due to load times and the inability to play older levels; this pissed me off because I then felt that there was no point in even having the 'adventure field' there! Why was it in there if it was just full of crappy missions which also gave you horrible load times? Point being, the game was a huge disappointment. It brought in some good music, sure, but maybe that was all. The only character that seemed cool at all was Shadow, and his was the only enjoyable and remotely thought-out storyline. Maybe Silver just annoyed me too much. There was one redeeming quality to this game... Co-op.
    Actually, I wrote a review for this on IMDB under the tag itswhateveryouwant. Look at that if you wish.

I think that will suffice for games of suck. I don't really feel that Mean Bean Machine sucked, it just didn't belong in the Sonic Universe. And at least Heroes and Riders were mediocre or a little more. I enjoyed Riders, I enjoyed Heroes... but I didn't really love them. Meh.

Now... on to the good stuff!

Best:

7. Sonic Adventure 2
    ~Oh my... the anticipation for this game, and all the fun it brought forth. Quite possibly my most played Dreamcast game. There was so much to do, the story wasn't so bad... the dialogue could have used some work in some spots, but overall it was quite a nice game. Chao raising felt a little more time consuming than it should have been, but I was using Sonic Adventure (1) as my template for that. All in all, good game, nifty multiplayer, and a neat new character. Shadow's birth was not a bad thing at all. Sega just decided to suck it up.

6. Sonic CD
    ~ As much as everyone else loves this game, I just happen to like it a lot. Still, it has it's nostalgia for me, and I loved how the same levels could be different depending on what you did. A very interesting design choice. This is a definite good choice for many reasons. Plus the special stages, even though they weren't Chaos Emeralds, were completely awesome. The mini-Sonic thing in the last Zone was just cute and silly. Sonic needs that methinks. Stardust Speedway vs. Metal Sonic... AWESOME. Definitely a great game.

5. Sonic the Hedgehog
    ~ Remember, this is where we started! The game had a fast pace, colorful design, a neat character and some slick music. There's not much for me to say other than instant classic. Maybe a few bugs, maybe a few design choices that weren't too stellar, but mostly a great experience that was definitely well made. Up Down Left Right A Start. :)

4. Sonic Adventure
    ~ A little fifth grader gets a D in English because his teacher hated him... and he stayed up all night playing this game. If there was ever a reason to own a Dreamcast next to Soul Calibur and Power Stone, it was Sonic Adventure, and it was above all else for me. It was smooth, it was fun, it was awesome, and it was epic. Too bad they stole Chaos Emerald retrieval from us as well as the ability to go Super in level. I must say though... who the hell though up Big? Chaos were cute and fun, and the levels were sweet. Thankfully I found ways to glitch up every level. :(

3. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    ~ Oh goody. Even though there are several parts to this game that can tedious and/or annoying, it's charm will never end. It started a few fads, such as Sonic getting a new side kick every game, but at least it also did a lot of good things. First of all, the final boss was awesome, especially in comparison to our classic Sonic the Hedgehog Final Zone which was a silly boss at best. Second, the special stages were a lot more thought out, and though you may have had to have some previous knowledge to do well in some of them, it was still a damn good time. And then we get Super Sonic. What fun. Hell, I'm so pathetic I have the Level Select and Super Sonic cheats memorized. Although I never memorized the debug, I know it's the release date. The levels were bright and colorful, the music was perfect for it, and it was quite memorable. A great game indeed.

2. Sonic Unleashed - 360
    ~ It may seem odd to see it so high up on a list this early in its life, but I must say it is a great game. The 2D-3D switch-offs are wonderful. The fact that there are some levels entirely in 2D is also wonderful. The story doesn't chug up the gameplay, and the game is quite a bit more focused on our spiky blue pal. The visuals are absolutely beautiful, it you throw out the occasionally awkward looking water. Plus, Sonic Team got a hold of some new writers! Much of the things you can get from the town side-quests are actually quite funny. Such as telling a man who clearly has psychological problems "I'm GONNA EAT YOU!" If you don't believe me, I'll post it later. The level design is wicked, and definitely takes some skill. Even the Werehog can be pretty damn amusing. It hits home with old school platforming ideas and also takes a bit from action favorites such as Devil May Cry and God of War. It's really not all that slow, but if you're not that good at it, it can seem that way. Although the final fight in this can be rather slow and seem a bit broken when (SPOILER, don't highlight kiddies!)
    you're playing as Chip/Light Gaia, it definitely picks up when you get to Sonic, and then Super Sonic
    . Overall the game is fun, and what a Next Gen Sonic really should be all about. Maybe this will start something.

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles
    ~ I still play this game. I have beaten it more than twenty times. Hell, I've filled up all the save slots with completed games three times! The game was huge, had multiple extras, three unique characters, and was tons of fun. Who cares of Michael Jackson touched little children while making some of this music, he got his just rewards did he not? And we got to enjoy the better music for it! Win. Sky Sanctuary, Death Egg and Doomsday made for an excellent setup of final levels. There's not much else for me to say aside from great. I love this game, and anytime I learn anything new about it, I shit bricks.

Honorable mentions: I feel these deserve mention as Sonic games, though the first two are not Sega copyrights.

Sonic Megamix - Fun. Win. Win. Fun. Fun and Win. Some great level designs and nice music choices that should have the original Sonic Team shitting themselves with jealousy. Much more I could say, but this is just a mention.

Sonic Robo Blast 2 - Ever played it? Ever played it online? This game is also win. Go here if you're curious.

Sonic Triple Trouble - Was actually decent, fun, and hard for the proper reasons. Just not up to snuff, though.

Phew... now to go eat a cookie.

5. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    From what I have played...

Best -

1. Sonic 3 and Knuckles
    2. Sonic 2
    3. Sonic Adventure 2
    4. Sonic Adventure
    5. Sonic 1

Worst -

1. Shadow The Hedgehog
    2. Sonic 06
    3. Sonic Advance 2 / 3 (They are both atrocious)
    4. Sonic CD
    5. Sonic Heroes

6. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    All I'm going to say is that I can't believe that I forgot to mention Sonic R in my top list. Great game, too short though. If only the games after it had comparable level design. Still, after you know the shortcuts you won't take the other routes again, but I like to try to get all the emeralds and medals on a course in one fell swoop and I'm reasonably successful with that.

7. Top 5 (best to worst):

Sonic 2
    Sonic 3&K
    SADX
    Sonic 3D
    Sonic 1

Bottom 5 (worst to best):

Sonic Spinball
    Sonic Labrynth
    Shadow the Hedgehog
    Sonic Heroes
    Sonic and the Secret Rings

8. Well, have you ever played the American version? I haven't played my European version for a long time (Don't have any sega consoles anymore :()... only played the American one on emulators. Believe me, it's very buggy. Even the animation screws up frequently.

9. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    Best:
    5: Sonic CD (Mega CD)-
    A complex Sonic game. It's very good, but it's not the Sonic I'm most familiar with, and I tend to favour standard "go to the right" platforming to needle in a haystack searching. It would be better if the game better supported speeding through levels, but it's all about navigation and searching, which make this feel very much like a spin-off in my book. A great, beautiful spin-off, though.

4: Sonic Pocket Adventure (Neo Geo Pocket Color)
    A fantastic compilation of the series' strongest features, with new level layouts, too. A fitting close to the 16-BIT era, and a nice way to introduce us to what was going to happen in the Dreamcast games.

3: Sonic the Hedgehog (Mega Drive)
    The simple, sleek design of this game can't be beaten. Like NiGHTs Into Dreams, there is a subtle dreamlike, fascinating quality to this game (which SoA, sadly, didn't pick up on). Playing Sonic 1 for the first time was probably what turned me into such a dedicated gamer.

2: Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Mega Drive)
    The epic of the series. A nice little plot keeps going on in the background, but never interrupts you too much, or draws your focus away from the game's main strengths. The alternate paths for the characters was a great idea, and one that was well implemented, too. Unfortunately, a lot of the levels are kind of slow and boring, but the highlights are some of the best levels in the series.

1: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Mega Drive)
    A fantastic, speedy, challenging platformer, full of great ideas. This is what I think of when Sega is mentioned in a positive light. It was a huge part of my childhood, and continues to be the game I find most fun to replay. My love for this game is what made me join these forums, too, as I was so glad to see people make new levels for it. I hope people continue to do that.

Worst:
    5: Sonic Blast (8-BIT)
    Really boring levels, ugly visuals and bland music all add up to make a huge insult to fans of one the greatest series' ever made.

4: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Tiger LCD)
    It seems low to list LCD games, but I got these as a child, and my disappointment was incredible. In my naivety, I thought they'd be a cheap alternative to a Game Gear (since I was too much of a fanboy to even think of buying a Game Boy at the time). Trying to transfer the fun of playing a speedy platformer into a single-screen refreshing image was a terrible idea. At least this one had the famous loop-de-loops, though.

3: Sonic The Hedgehog (Tiger LCD)
    A blander version of the above. Based on the Marble Zone, if I remember correctly.

2: Sonic 3 (Tiger LCD)
    A messier version of the above, though I can't remember much about it.

1: Waku Waku Sonic Patrol Car (Arcade)
    A wobbling box for children. A screen shows a car moving, and you can steer it, but there is no "winning" or "losing". This is as bland and featureless as videogames get.

10. MayoSunstar

MayoSunstar

IMAGINATION Member
    Top 5 Favorite Sonic Games:

1. Sonic CD (MCD) [PAL]: It had great music, it was more than a run and jump game, there was more of a storyline to it, it introduced Amy, and tile and background art was beautiful. (US version counts as worst for the music)
    2. Knuckle's Chaotix: It has odd game mechanics, which make it more enjoyable and challenging. Great level art and wonderful background art. Also has good music.
    3. Sonic 1(GEN): Has a very memorable theme. It's simple. The only thing I don't like about it is the dull taste it gives me right around the Labyrinth Zone.
    4. Sonic 2(GEN): A good sequel, was a lot faster than Sonic 1, none of the levels (except Aquatic Ruins) made me feel bored or irritated.
    5. Sonic Advance 2: Probably one of the only next-gen games I like. It was better than SA1 and was better than SA3. The game was also extremely fast in pace. I found myself getting done on the hardest zones and acts in less than a minute and a half. The Super Sonic battle was the best of the SA series.

Top 5 Worst Sonic Games:

1. Shadow the Hedgehog: Extremely disappointing. All he does is shoot crappy guns and say curse words. I finished it in a day.
    2. Sonic 3D: It was the most annoying game I've ever played. It also started to get very weird after the 3rd zone.
    3. Sonic Heroes: I found myself falling into Game Overs every time I went in a loop. I've got stuck in a wall or ceiling after jumping on a spring. The game was filled with bugs, and it might have been a good game if it weren't.
    4. Sonic Chaos(GG): The second most annoying game besides Sonic 3D. It also seemed like I found myself stuck in situations where I had 0 rings most of the time with no rings to be supplied. Or maybe that was another Sonic GG game I disliked.
    5. Sonic 3: It just wasn't enough. I actually thought it was better combined with Sonic & Knuckles. It was short, Sonic sprites gave off a bad mood, and Marble Garden Zone is just plain annoying a boring. I usually cut off the game when I get there. It could've been better.

11. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Best:

1. Sonic 3 & Knuckles
    2. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    3. Sonic Rush Adventure
    4. Sonic Adventure
    5. Sonic Adventure 2

Worst:

1. Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
    2. Shadow the Hedgehog
    3. Sonic Spinball
    4. Sonic Labyrinth
    5. Sonic 3D Blast

12. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    1. Sonic The Hedgehog
    2. Sonic & Knuckles
    3. Sonic Adventure
    4. Sonic Rush Adventure
    5. Sonic 2
    (6. Sonic Triple trouble )
    (7. Sonic Chronicles )
    I had to include them<3

5. Shadow The Hedgehog
    4. Sonic Labyrinth
    3. Sonic Unleashed
    2. Sonic and The Secret Rings
    1. Sonic '06

13. Anthall

Anthall

Spambot Member
    Leicester, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog - The Final Showdown
    My list, best to worst:

1. Sonic 2
    The high point of Sonic's adventure. The layouts were great, the music was great and just about everything was perfect about it.

2. Sonic 3 & Knuckles
    A very long Sonic game, which is only available if you buy both cartridges. It is brilliant but the reason it is not first place is that Sonic 3's levels lay polish in my opinion.

3. Sonic the Hedgehog
    The origonal, the reason that it saved the Genesis/Megadrive from suffering a humiliating defeat from the SNES is because of this. If there was not this, there would be no Sonic 2, Sonic CD, or any other Sonic game for the matter. Anyway the game is colourful, full of variety and is very fast.

4. Sonic 3D Blast/Flickie's Island
    I don't see why people hate this so much. I know that racing through levels is more fun than saving birds, but it allowed for a nice change of pace in the Sonic world. Also the music is first rate, and the bosses were great as well.

5. Sonic Adventure
    The other decent-3D, it may have fooled everyone into thinking that Sonic could work in a 3D world (Sonic 3D was isometric, not 3D) but the reason why is because it has great levels, plenty of diffrent styles of gameplay, you actually control how your character moves, unlike other 3D Sonic games.

Now for the worst.

5. Sonic Spinball
    Why is there so many pinball games I don't know. But pinball games are borrrring. This is the same, only with Sonic pasted over it.

4. Sonic Heroes
    Controlling more than one character in a game never works, it is confusing, and has no gameplay other than to watch Sonic fly in the sky or go through a loop.

3. Sonic R
    I had more of a challenge operating a jack in the box. Also the characters are extremely unbalanced, who in their right mind would play as Amy, and how could you lose as Super Sonic? Also there is NO variety, Amy is always last and Sonic is always first in a CPU race.

2. Shadow the Hedgehog
    SEGA just had to give the Sonic universe guns and also gave the characters stupid 4Kids actors and made a game with very mediocre gameplay. The reason it is lower than Sonic Heroes is that making a Sonic game with guns is like a huge stain on the coffee table.

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 2006
    I hate this game. It is very unfinished, it lacks any control, it is unfairly difficult, and the graphics are not much better than Sonic Heroes.

0. Sonic the Hedgehog: Genesis
    Yes there is a 0. It is the most insulting Sonic game to ever grace this planet. The music sounds like as if you are listening it from the other side of a church hall, The game is so laggy that it feels like if Sonic is trying to run through butter. There is an anniversary mode, but all it is, is Sonic with a spindash. Never purchase this cartridge, it hasn't even got the value to work as a doorstop.

14. MayoSunstar

MayoSunstar

IMAGINATION Member
    Yes, I encountered more bugs in the American version than the European and Japanese. In the PAL versions I find that sometimes the sound of Sonic's Peel-Out goes on for about 5 seconds until he stops or until the end of the act. The American version had a horrible bug sometimes when I do a spindash when I'm switching views (Palmtree Panic/the wheel) and I'm going in the spindash sprite for the rest of the act, or going into collision with a gimmick while slowing down, I'm still in the halting sprite, and much more.

15. Evil Cheese

Evil Cheese

..... Member
    If you don't mind I'll just post my 5 best.

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles - Sega Genesis

This game is what I consider the peak of the 2D old school Sonic series. I only have one problem with this game; I had to buy two cartridges to get it. >( Instead of rushing Sonic 3 and forcing us to buy Sonic & Knuckles to get the full game they should have held off and released everything in the same cartridge.

The Flying Battery Zone is beyond awesome and the final zone has just the right mix of difficulty and fun. The Shields were a big improvement..especially the flame shield which I enjoyed abusing. Another thing about this game was the way you interacted with items in the stages, a good example begin the pulley systems in the first zone.

2. Sonic the Hedgehog - Sega Genesis

My introduction to the series and the Genesis console..and that's the main reason it ranks so high on the list. In some ways I still enjoy this over the later 2D installments. I still enjoy doing speed runs for the game..and well I've basically played it to death. >)

3. Sonic CD - Sega Genesis

Time travel...nuff said. This was also the first game I owned for the Sega CD console. >) I was never a big fan of the sound track until I played the Japanese version.

I hate the spin dash in this game though..my only complaint. Otherwise it's perfect.

4. Sonic Adventure - Dreamcast

My introduction to the Dreamcast and to 3D Sonic. The first stage of this game is AWESOME...perfect...exactly how Sonic should look in 3D. Sure the camera was a little off and the automated sections of the game are lame (imo anyway) but otherwise I enjoyed this one.

5. Sonic Adventure 2 - Dreamcast

I'm mixed on this one but it was still good enough to make the tail end of my list. I enjoyed many of the speed stages in this game...the "hunt around for emeralds" stages...not so much. I'm also not a big fan of the end boss. Also not too big on the story..but I've always big one to skip cut scenes anyway.

Best part of this game is the introduction of grinding.

16. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    I think we found the problem. I've never had animation screwups or the likes on my Mega-CD, and whenever I try to play Sonic CD in any emulator, everyhting just feels off. EDIT: Eh, must have been Gens+. it seems to run fine in Kega Fusion.
    And well, the only version I've played for ages now is the Japanese one (Gems Collection is too buggy, PC one doesn't even run, PAL MCD one runs at 50hz and I never bothered getting the US SCD one because of the shitty soundtrack that I've already had enough of in the GC edition).

17. Get ready for a strange list folks...
    BEST

1. Sonic 3 & Knuckles (MD) - There's no good reason for this to NOT be on everybody's top five. Okay, so back in the day Mega Drive cartridges were fucking rip-offs (£50 a cartridge? Screw you, mr. shopkeeper guy), but this game was pure gold once it was locked on. Plus it's available so cheaply now that there's no excuse for anyone to go without it.

2. Sonic R (PC...?) - I'm not sure quite how to justify this one... nostalgia value? Oh yeah and the music. I originally brought this for the PC, but I would definately crown the Gems port as the definative version with the most stable draw distance, and the weather effects from the PC version.

3. Sonic 2 (MS) - What? Too difficult for you? Then stop sucking and learn how to play games. Being the first Sonic game I ever played (I think; I get confused), it can be considered biased that I rate this game so highly, but it's my list, so you can kindly fuck off.

4. Sonic CD - Need I explain? Awesome gimmick, awesome stages, and it spawned TWO fantastic soundtracks. A must for all Sonic fans.

5. Sonic 1 (MD) - Not much to say here.

WORST

5. Sonic And The Secret Rings (Wii) - This game was the start of the whole "on-rails" saga of Sonic. Because of this one mediocre game, and some reviews praising it as the spiritual successor to the Megadrive titles, SEGA thinks they can keep getting away with putting Sonic, one of the biggest free spirits in gaming, onto a straight line and calling it a game.

4. Sonic Labyrinth (GG) - This game is just WRONG. Plain and simple. I do not know what possessed the designer of this game but I worry for their health.

3. Shadow The Hedgehog (PS2/GC/XB) - I'm not even going to explain this. I simply didn't enjoy it.

2. Sonic Genesis (GBA) - Not only did SEGA make a game that is riddled with more problems than a limbless down-syndrome sufferor, they did it to a classic. They raped the status of the original in the name of getting a quick buck. Clearly made in a week of work by a spotty work experience kid.

1. Sonic Adventure 2 (DC) - Go ahead folks, flame me if you like. I know some of you hold this game pretty damn highly but I don't. It's not even about the game either, it's about the fanwank shitstorm that the game spawned. This game, wether directly or indirectly, is practically the sole creator of such plagues as Shadow fanboys, Sonic hentai and games like Heroes. This is the game that instilled pure homofag fanboyism into the creators of Sonic fanfics and furfags alike. By no means a bad game, but it came at a devastating cost.

18. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Mind if I say "Oh, so true!" and how much I agree with your comment? ^_^
    Seriously this is exactly what I think about Sonic Unleashed (since I'm assuming you're talking about the 360/PS3 version, because I have a completly diferent opinion when the subject is the Wii/PS2 versions). Sonic CD is not in my top 5 list, but definitely is the best 2D Sonic I ever played, followed by Sonic 1 (of course) and Knuckles Chaotix.

19. Loggo

Loggo

Rafina
    Best

1. Sonic The Hedgehog 2
    2. Sonic The Hedgehog
    3. Sonic CD
    4. Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
    5. Sonic The Hedgehog (Master System)

Worst

1. Sonic The Hedgehog 2006
    2. Shadow The Hedgehog
    3. Sonic Heroes
    4. Sonic & The Secret Rings
    5. Sonic Blast

I didn't include spin off titles like Sonic Drift, Sonic Riders, Shuffle ect.

20. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Ah, but if you split "you're" into "you are", then it is four words ;)

Anyway, my top and bottom 5 (in no particular order):

Top 5:
    Sonic Adventure DX - Only version Sonic Adventure I've played, but I like it.
    Sonic Adventure 2 Battle - Only version of SA2 I've played, but it's pretty awesome. City Escape has had me singing along while playing the stage, and sometimes I'd just go through the stage just to listen to the music again.
    Sonic 3 - Coolest mid-boss music in Sonic. I'm sad that they took the S&K mid-boss and put it in S3&K
    Sonic 2 - It's gotta be good if I'm looking forward to the HD version. But then again my computer sucks at even a DS emulator so :\
    Hopefully Sonic Unleashed will fit into this spot.

Bottom 5:
    Sonic Labyrinth: Boring
    Sonic Advance 2 and 3: While both of them are fast-paced, after I beat them, there was really no incentive to replay them. I suck at collecting the emeralds, so not even the extra stage was worth it in my opinion.
    Sonic the Hedgehog '06: Buggy, and some parts were too frustrating for me to get past on the time I had it rented.
    Sonic Heroes: Full of Death traps. About the furthest I got was with Team Rose, and even then I had no clue how to attack the final boss in that story. Team Chaotix, well, 3rd stage, I had about one or two enemies left to kill, and guess what? I shot through that level in a loop, could not find the remaining enemies.
    Every GG Sonic game: Either boring or hard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.