don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    <!--quoteo(post=241351:date=Nov 4 2008, 03:49 PM:name=Cinossu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cinossu @ Nov 4 2008, 03:49 PM) [​IMG]

(Angel Island and Sonic 3 title card text used simply as place holders)[/quote]
    VRAM-wise, you'll be lucky to get something like that in without some major messing around. However, if you do something along the lines of the Master System/Game Gear games, where the titlecard is faded out completely before the level is shown, then it most certainly would be possible, and easy too, as you'd have all the VRAM to choose from. :P

The only other thing I'd say is neatening up the art a little, add a little better antialiasing and stuff. Very nice, either way. :P
    [/quote]
    Sonic Pocket Adventure's title card scrolls out very similar to Sonic 2's, and also has a little animation for Sonic which I won't be including. But The Game Gear way would be a slightly easy way out of it. I'll figure out how to get this done when the time comes (Currently working on remaking Emerald hill).

Also, what do you all think is easier? Port Green Hill Zone to make Neo South Island or simply editing Emerald hill zone art to look like green hill? I ask because a lot of Neo South Island has the same layout as Emerald Hill zone, but uses Green Hill Zone art. Similar thing happens with one of the later levels, which is pretty much Metropolis with Scrap Brain Zone graphics.

Ya I'll be further editing Sonic soon, as well as make some text for the title card to make it look more Sonic Pocket Adventure (Is the Sonic compressed art archive down? It'd be a shame if it is)

2. Mairtrus

Mairtrus

Get a load of this!! Tech Member
    Mendoza, Argentina
    Sonic Z. The Z DOESN'T means nothing.
    I think this is officialy...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If a person like me can do a 99% perfect port of Knuckles on Sonic 1, is easy to believe that whatever person can do the same thing.
    Infinite thank to Puto for his wonderfull S2K upmem dissasembly.

3. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Holy shit. That's just fucking awesome. At one point I actually was considering porting Knuckles to Sonic 1 but there's probably shitloads of ram addresses & SSTs and I'd end up getting bored of it. I'm not patient. Though one thing, do you encounter any bugs that I have in my port?

4. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Considering there's Green Hill Zone data in the earliest Sonic 2 Beta we have that's compatible, I'd say rip it from there and carry on. :P

5. Mairtrus

Mairtrus

Mendoza, Argentina
    Most of the addresses are the same, except some that changed in Sonic 2, but a quick comparison with some parts of the code of Sonic 1 allowed me to discover them.
    Initially, yes. Some of them. But then I rearrange the code, carrying only the inherent to glide. Anything that was already present in Sonic 1 wasn't modified. And that worked great!!

6. Think you could help either SOTI or myself out? (We're both using the same port, I can't seem to find the mistakes or how to fix them)

7. Mairtrus

Mairtrus

Mendoza, Argentina
    Uhh, I do not know. I never changed the code of Sonic 2 before. But give me a couple of days to try something, and I'll PM you, guys.

8. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Actually, I'd be fine looking at it myself when I feel bothered, I don't want everyone to be doing my work, if you get my drift.

9. Aquifer

Aquifer

[​IMG]

When Sonic bounces from a spring, he uses this animation while falling. :)

10. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom

11. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    [​IMG]

WIP art. I'll add some other blocks, to make it less bland soon.

12. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    I think the generic "Checked" design would be really cool on a diagonal, so add a darker shade to some of the block, It would look so amazing!

13. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    [​IMG]

Like this?

EDIT: Mockup. I hope to make it like this eventually.
    [​IMG]

14. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
  15. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
  16. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    [​IMG]
    wheeee~

17. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Holy shit, that is amazing.

18. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
  19. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I thought you showed us that pic a LONG time ago...

20. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    That was a different one, actually. I redid the sprite and the way it's handled altogether.