don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. It's a cruel joke we got more news about a movie starring Shadow than we a series about Knuckles on the latter's birthday.
    It's like they're sending it out to die.

2. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Lol. Someone always gotta be dramatic.

3. Spamitex

Spamitex

#1 Knuckles Fan Member
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  4. You just can't see the vision

5. Wildcat

Wildcat

So happy about Jim Carrey returning and that Live and Learn clip...please use the entire song in the final battle whatever it is. I too immediately remembered Emerald Hill was only in the teaser.

6. That One Guy Josh

That One Guy Josh

Speaks English AND Balanese. Member
    If only you could see the big shit-eating grin I made when I found out they're gonna bring back Jim Carrey... we eating good shit this year.

7. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    I'm praying Junkie XL either gets his shit together or doesn't come back. I don't even need music directly from the games, I just need something that I can actually remember and matches the energy of the franchise. The best track in Sonic 2 was the bit where Sonic does his comeback attack against Knuckles in the temple, and that was a song lifted straight from Ant Man 2. The rest of the movie sounds like it was inspired by 4kids Sonic X dub.

8. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    - Carrey back (I never doubted he'd return).
    - Live and learn remix (wonder how much inspiration they'ill take from SA2. I just want Carrey to blow up the moon ;))
    - Announced on Hedgehog Day (happy 3OTH ANNIVERSARY to the best Sonic game ever made).
    - Great teaser.

9. Snowbound

Snowbound

The Superbowl is 9 days away. I wonder if they’ll drop a trailer during the SB’s commercial breaks.

10. So I have some news...
    https://twitter.com/Sonic1News/status/1752828093910425786?t=tUKKXE_U490w40ed3Q89bw&s=19

Never in my wildest fucking dreams would I imagine that Robotnik would be a whole ass career revival for Jim Carrey's film career...

11. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    It's amazing how the first movie went from something we couldn't wait to come over and bomb so we could get over it, to putting the franchise in the great position its in now in terms of content.

They're really doing all they can to turn the third movie into an event film with so many major actors involved and getting Jim Carrey to do his first trilogy EVER.

I could see this movie easily securing the slot as 2nd highest grossing video game movie of all time. It's a great time to be a Sonic fan.

12. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    What are the chances Amy is gonna be in the movie

13. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I watched Rouge die. I watched her oversteal and get Chaos Emerald'd to death. I could have saved her. But I didn't.
    IMG_0210.jpeg

14. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Just need to know what gun they're going to use to shoot Maria with

15. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Donut Lord's father was a GUN soldier and shot her. The gun used is a family heirloom.

16. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    I'm hoping my prediction comes true

17. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
  18. GoldeMan

GoldeMan

Texas
    Really happy to see Jim Carrey returning! I was worried for a moment that his 'retirement' was going to derail whatever they had planned here.

I'm also in the camp of hoping that the score is more memorable this time around, I know not the most important part of the film, but a good actor really elevates it. I can't remember a single note from the first two films besides the Green Hill theme in the opening of the first film. I'm not expecting anything mind blowing, since scores are so tightly tied to whatever temp tracks they use, but I sure hope it's better.

Considering how much of a vast improvement the second film was I'm optimistic that whatever they got here will really knock it out of the park, especially since they are adapting the games that actually have more in depth in their story.

And for a random prediction, I'm fully expecting them to dance around Maria being shot. Maybe have a "she dissapeared" or "died under mysterious circumstances". But if they do literally shoot Maria in this PG Children's film I will be astonished.