don't click here

Sonic Dream Team (New 3D Game from Hardlight, coming to Apple Arcade December 5)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Joebro64, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Felik

Felik

I find it hilarious that this is tagged as Sonic Dream Collection of all things. Someone at Sonic yt channel has a sense of humor

upload_2023-11-1_8-51-1.png

2. grubbyplaya

grubbyplaya

This trailer made me go from "Fuck yeah!" to "Oh FUCK" within 5 seconds. Fuck you Sega.

3. Hamzawesome

Hamzawesome

Nice aesthetic. It kinda looks like Sonic Lost World, but less artificial, if that makes any sense. Really hoping this is good.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    If these deals cause the game to die after a certain amount of time, then why hasn't Sonic Racing died yet? Because it's had updates? Do we have to wait another year for the 3 years to expire because they put Classic Sonic in it almost exactly 2 years ago?

5. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    why does this game's aesthetic look like it's a fall guys crossover

6. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Looks great! Can’t wait to never play it!

7. shilz

shilz

Somewhat flat texturing + blockish "skatepark" design filled with circles + it's running in Unity.

8. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    It's in Unity? Were the other Hardlight games in Unity?

9. Why the fuck it looks so good a d WHY IT IS STUCK ON APPLE ARCADE COME ON SEGA

And the fact it will have Cream as playable character...

10. MootPoint

MootPoint

Clockwork Aquario's Strongest Soldier Member
    Apple exclusively sucks but I could possibly see this coming to other platforms. The short 12-level count made me think they could do an expanded version down the line. If we're being realistic, I think we're gonna get 3 levels per zone (4 zones in total) and a boss fight. That seems pretty short for a Sonic game, especially for a story that has Ian Flynn's involvement? lol

There was this game I played called World's End Club where it was a timed apple exclusive. It's a narrative-driven game that ended in a cliffhanger in the original release, and it wasn't until it was ported to other platforms that they included the full story. Maybe they could do the same here... though admittedly, that sounds a bit like copeium lol

11. shilz

shilz

All the ones that are currently operating are, yeah.

For future reference, I actually saved the original listing, which also had a requirement for understanding Unity.

12. HammerKirby

HammerKirby

HammerKeebi Member
    I seriously wonder why HardLight put so much effort in a freaking mobile game, only for it be an Apple Arcade exclusive. Like they straight up made a 3d Platformer with a story too apparently?? This should be on Switch, Ps5, Steam, etc. If it does turn out good, then that shows HardLight could make 3d Sonic games. So maybe they could be the TreyArch to Sonic Team's Infinity Ward in the future allowing 3d Sonic games all around to have more time and budget put in them while still releasing fairly often. Ah who am I kidding? They're going to go right back to making simplistic auto-runners after this aren't they?

13. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I don't think Hardlight are the ones calling the shots here.

14. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Nice of them to give us the monkey’s paw up front. Really stops me from having any expectations for this, which is nice after the two other disappointments this year.

Even if it weren’t Crapple Arcade exclusive, even if I hadn’t been burned twice already by Sonic in 2023, I just fundamentally can’t trust anything with Hardlight’s name on it at this point. Maybe I’m being unfair given that they’re probably just doing what SEGA’s telling them to, but everything they’ve put out for Sonic so far has been predatory and/or broken.

15. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    I just received an e-mail with some more detailed information about the game.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  16. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Here I was more reminded of Sonic Shuffle because I am a certified sicko but then I always saw FG as an attempt to make Mario Party into an MMO kind of game anyway so go figure

Anyway I don't think you.make a game like this in Unity without intending it to be multi-platform, so I presume what's happened here is the thing where Sega execs have authored the exclusivity deal and Hardlight have just had it imposed on them. Many such cases

17. HammerKirby

HammerKirby

HammerKeebi Member
    Yea fair. I'm guessing Apple funded the game entirely, but regardless obviously it was Sega's decision to accept that funding and make it Apple Arcade exclusive. Are there any other games on Apple Arcade that have this level of ambition?

18. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    New direction looks interesting. My hopes are they'll port it to consoles, or Sonic Team has something even better in the making. If I see it right, levels tend to be more on the blocky side. That could be on purpose though. Interesting choice of characters, too.

19. Trippled

Trippled

Kinda like a mix of what they are doing with Superstars and Frontiers.

20. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    [​IMG]

Yeah I got that email too