don't click here

Sonic Anniversary Symphony going worldwide

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by grantpa, Jun 23, 2021.

1. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

Just as a heads up.

Multiple people who went to the London show have today posted positive Covid-19 results.

Due to the incubation period, it's almost certain that they were infected when they attended the concert, if they were however able to spread it during the event I couldn't tell you. They didn't catch it at the concert, but were potentially spreading it.

So if you start to get flu like symptoms, might wanna isolate if you live with anyone venerable. If you did catch it at the symphony, probably start showing symptoms around Friday-Saturday this week... And my booster jab was on Sunday lolz.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Can second the above, several people in the Retro group currently have COVID. I took a test yesterday and was negative but will probably do another towards the end of the week.

3. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    JOHNNY GIOELI is joining our LA and Boston concerts
    Well, here's hoping more of the original singers get on board. Dave Vives did great from what I saw, but still.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  4. mister_jay

mister_jay

UK
    https://x.com/ShotaNakama/status/1705703064391311427?s=20

For those who attended the London concert, you can upload your ticket in the link Shota provided in this tweet and I assume they'll send a link to the merch store back to you once your ticket has been confirmed legit.

@Garth I didn't really take many photos or nothing nah, there should be a lot of footage on Tik Tok etc if you're looking for some

5. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

6. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  7. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Sweet Christ alive they'd better be phenomenal quality. I'm talking Threadheads levels here. Don't suppose it does that tour thing of having all the gigs on the back?

8. mister_jay

mister_jay

UK
    So uhh, is the discount 2.94%? I'm sure the t-shirts were £35 at the venue

9. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    It's 25% but the costs on the site are slightly higher and also include shipping. iirc the venue t-shirts were £30.

10. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

11. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  12. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

I really wish this came to NYC or something so I could justify going. But I can't justify going to Boston. Oh well! I'm glad to hear it's a good time!

13. ScarlyNight

ScarlyNight

Ultra Ring Member
    Netherlands
    Sonic Legends, Sonic XG other stuff
    Finally got a chance to look at the merch site since I was unfortunate enough to have the 8PM show at the London event.

My God even with the coupon code it does not overshadow the cost for the shipping fees.

14. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Can anyone post screenshots of the site? I'd like to know what the selection is in prepartion for getting merch myself, be it from the site or the Paris concert I'll be attending in June. Yes, the FOMO from the London concert was so strong that I've made plans to go to...*shudder* France.

15. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    I'm actually surprised that's not one of the cities they have on the tour. That's a pretty big city with potential to draw large crowds.

16. Linkabel

Linkabel

NYC is notorious for being logistically hard for concerts/events, so they probably tried and couldn't make it happen.

I might've misheard, but during the 8p LA concert they mentioned coming back in June again. And online they mentioned more dates getting announced for 2024, so hopefully NYC gets a date.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  17. That's good to know. I'm annoyed to have missed the LA concert but I'd 100% go to a future one there if they got the same lineup. If I knew ahead of time, I probably would have convinced myself to go. I'm preparing to move to the US in like 3 weeks, so the timing has just been bad on all of these.

18. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Feel like there are concerts all the time in NYC especially with venues like Madison Square Garden the Bowery Ballroom, Radio City Music Hall, and stuff. It doesn't even have to be in Manhattan. There are venues in Brooklyn and Queens that they could play in too.

19. Slobo

Slobo

https://twitter.com/ShotaNakama/status/1711856293001253277?t=iK83JLyyI8ph-tl4I7Dgtg&s=19

While everyone's getting ready for the next concert at Brazil Game Show, Shota, Jun and the team were at SBT (a really big TV channel in Brazil) recording an interview for a talk-show called The Noite, hosted by Danilo Gentili. We still don't know when this will go on air, but I can already tell they had a great time!

The best part is that they were aware of the ongoing joke about Shota's name pronunciation in Brazilian Portuguese and I can't help but laugh hysterically when they say it out loud on air.

EDIT: we got a date, October 13, just one day before the concert!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
  20. Slobo

Slobo

Someone's streaming the Symphony at BGS:

• List