don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    I hope Tails is gonna be in CD.

2. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    is this a joke? you can unlock Tails in the game already if you beat the game once as Sonic

3. MathUser

MathUser

Ah, I hardly play Sonic CD. Good to know its unlockable.

Doesn;t help that my saves get wiped sometimes for unknown reasons.

4. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    GG games reminds me of sonic adventure on gamecube having them, i'm fine with that it's a cool thing to have alongside these MD remakes.

I'm going to presume the 'classic' mode for sonic 1 to 3k are not megadrive emulated and just the current 4:3 with lives instead of coins still.

5. MathUser

MathUser

infinite lives on the gg games will be nice. Hopefulliy it has savestates too.

6. VenomTH

VenomTH

I suppose more playable games is much better than nothing. But seeing Game Gear ROMs priced at $10 still makes me feel disappointed. I hate being so negative but I just wish the other spin-off Mega Drive titles were at least included. 3D Blast, Spinball, and Mean Bean Machine are equal in quality to the 8-bit titles but they're a more significant part of the history of the franchise, I feel. And why not include the superior Master System versions of some of these games? Why not include a rewind feature or CRT filters? While a great collection, I still feel like there could be so much more to these remakes.

7. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    It's a bit odd they're charging for the DLC if you've already bought the game but offering it for the standard price if you haven't.

i mean i'm still gonna fuckin buy it but it still annoys the fuck out of me

8. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    They could at least throw in some bonus to existing owners. Some bonus Game Gear games (e.g. Ristar, maybe Streets of Rage depending on the age rating) or some bonus missions or just about anything to make it a less obvious cash grab.

9. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Sega's laughing to the bank

10. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Sprite kinda low quality NGL. The running style matching Sonic's and Knuckles kinda lame instead of being a unique run. The color choices for the skirt and shoes don't do it wonders. Too much contrast on skirt makes the shading look bad. Not enough contrast on the shoes makes having 3 dedicated colors on them a waste. Up the contrast a little, use 2 colors, and use the extra entry on the skirt. The hand and arm looks too simple.
    I get that they're probably trying to match the original limitations but they're already blowing past the color count. It's got jpeg compression but rough estimate there's like 20 colors there. If you're using that many, might as well use it right rather than pass off some faux retro shit like Shovel Knight.
    This could all be fake of course. It has to be because I know if Stealth is involved, he definitely brought some high quality sprite artist talent with him to assist.
    Unless...Stealth isn't involved...

What an absolutely awful outlook. We may finally get a requested feature in an official capacity and your reaction is to down play it because a fan project exists.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
  11. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    They could sell the current version at a discount. But I think it's only prudent for them to not raise the price of the advanced version.

When Duke Nukem 3D got the Atomic Edition upgrade, they sold the Plutonium Pak at around $30. And once they sold their supply of the original version of the game, they began selling the Atomic Edition. They didn't add dollars to the total cost; why would they? Games are commodities.

But I get it, it kinda stinks. But I wouldn't expect anything different to be honest.

12. Snowbound

Snowbound

Seeing the Amy sprite I’m imagining two different possibilities:
    1) Headcanon isn’t involved, or at the very least wasn’t listened to when it came to the color limitations of Amy sprites
    2) People requested an option to choose between different sprites for characters. Maybe that’s implemented. We get each characters sprite style from sonic 1,2 and 3 as options in addition to a new option with increased shading… okay this is hardcore copium but it’s on my mind lol

13. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    • Like Like x 12
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. astroblema

astroblema

Chile
    It's a secret!
    sorry but that looks so fucking lame :/

sorry for being disappointed that the feature the billionaire company is charging me $10 for is inferior to the same feature offered by a fan for free

15. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
  16. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    my brother in christ you haven’t even played it how do you know it’s inferior

17. astroblema

astroblema

Chile
    It's a secret!
    the sprite work and animations look poorly done and the moveset seems very lame with Amy just being a Sonic clone with that hammer insta-shield

yeah it's very cool we *fucking finally* have playable classic Amy and I will buy this to support Stealth and to "vote with my wallet" that I want another 2D Sonic game with this engine and these characters etc

but from what I've seen I'm just disappointed

18. Conzuh

Conzuh

yeah yeah big nice Member
    Millennium Dreams
    And now the wait to find out if Headcannon are involved or not.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Unlimited Trees

Unlimited Trees

we Do a Little Mischief, Mischief... Member
    When
    UNITRES, Project Time, etc.
    bro got all this from 5 seconds of footage

• Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    Not really?

Maybe it's the novelty of Rosy the Rascal as a playable character that's off.