Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    True - I remember liking that addition back when the remaster first released. However, we don't know yet if the original in-game endings (or credit sequences) appear when playing in Story Mode, or if they're replaced by the animated scenes - the scene of Sonic reaching out towards the Chaos Emeralds does look like it could be an animated equivalent to the events of Sonic 1's normal ending sequence. I'd actually be surprised if the individual credit sequences displayed in this mode anyway, as it's trying to present all the games as one long narrative - and if they're omitted, then the 2013 version of that scene wouldn't be seen when playing in Story Mode. Guess that's another thing we'll have to wait and see to be certain on - still, less than a week to go until we're able to find out! = )

2. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    Yooooooo? I never knew about this

3. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    This is so true, I been playing them with a Roland Juno-DS and they sound great to me, some instruments depend on the GM implementation surely. Some notes are weird here and there, but I think it may have been due to their conversions from FM onto GM really.

Also for note, The original FF7 Soundtrack is all General MIDI based, it sounds amazing and exactly the same as Playstation's when played, if anyone has a General MIDI module around I'd totally recommend to try them out when possible because it's SO good.

4. Josh Cristan

Josh Cristan

So here's a thought... what will Final Zone be called in Story Mode?

5. Zone.

6. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    ...Tan?

7. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    One of my favorite parts of Origins is how many old familiar names I've been seeing around here, especially people who haven't been seen in a few years.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  8. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Scrambled Brain Zone

Scrapped Brain Zone

9. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    + In Boss Rush mode:

Clockwork Confrontation

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  10. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Fix'd for you :V

clock ork.png

11. nesboy43

nesboy43

I am too. It's like instead of a remaster they are fundamentally changing these games but without the option to toggle these features on or off.

We should be able to toggle ANY enhancement.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    So what do you think is in the "Premium Collection" vault?

13. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    The MJ music :eng101:

Kind of hoping for some emulated bonus games, personally. Not to sound like a broken record but it seems odd they're representing Spinball, 3D Blast and Chaotix in this collection without those games actually making an appearance.

14. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    They said "never-before-seen". Maybe marketing schlock, but assuming that's true, probably something more substantial.

15. RikohZX

RikohZX

I swear if they put new Frontiers advertising in the Premium Collection...

16. Bold marketing move. You have to buy a separate game and then unlock a decent trailer.

17. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    A DLC advertisement ;)

18. Hydr0city

Hydr0city

> Kamikazee Member
    They drop shitty trailers and make Frontiers footage hard to get during the in-person event, but all so that they can sell you the actual, GOOD trailer...geniuses. SEGA's done it yet again.

19. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    [​IMG]
    This

20. Pengi

Pengi

It is true. They showed the Museum in the Japanese stream a few weeks ago. Some of the thumbnails had never before seen concept art, including an armadillo sketch and Sonic with a bowtie.