don't click here

Sonic 2D Blast?

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Soselocke, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
  2. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Markey Jester. He gave me the animation too for my hack, which is looooong gone.

3. I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Also I could help think of ideas..but I can't make anything though.

I have zero art/hacking experience.

4. bookman the stinky

bookman the stinky

literal trash Member
    the dong
    find motivation
  5. Dr. Mustache

Dr. Mustache

Likes Sloths Member
    Thanks
    Yeah, I know the front facing head is abit weird, it was made from dying sprites y'see. Might go back and change it when I have time

And the blurriness is partly for effect, but also because of the 45 degree angle. I liked it so I kept it in.

6. HighFrictionZone

HighFrictionZone

Hi. Member
    Katy, Texas
    Nothing
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the jumpy worm things from Sandopolis Zone from Sonic and Knuckles seem like they'd be a perfect fit for those jumpy worm badniks from Sonic 3D blast. They look pretty similar and behave almost exactly like we want (the spring up, only the head can be attacked the rest = damage). Just saying.

7. I just realized that the elevators in S&K's Lava Reef Zone could be used for Volcano Valley.

Just throwing that out there.

8. synchronizer

synchronizer

You are absolutely right. By the way, how do you think we would pull off all those four-way intersections in Spring Stadium?

9. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    We could employ layer switchers to create divergent paths like those used in Chemical Plant.

Also, to make this post truly worthwhile, I mocked up the Rusty Ruin spinner. Personally, I hate it, but thought I should get the opinions of you fine fellows;
    [​IMG]

10. synchronizer

synchronizer

I think it's good, but the only problem is that I would think that it would hurt Sonic, much like spikes would. Perhaps a cap should be put on top?

11. GIHunter

GIHunter

I has a cap! :)
    [​IMG]
    -EDIT-
    SPINZ!
    [​IMG]

12. synchronizer

synchronizer

That is awesome. The cap makes it look better. Since it is covering the spinning blades, I think the chamber needs to be more dark.

13. Soselocke

Soselocke

MEEP MEEP MEEP Banned
    Maybe instead for the spinners, you could make the cylinder have a screw-like design to really exaggerate that it is something spinning.

[​IMG]

With the current design, it looks more like something slapping together rather than giving the idea of circular oscillation.

14. synchronizer

synchronizer

I can see the spinning. I actually like the design, but maybe the tube's back could have a spiral design.

15. GIHunter

GIHunter

Okay, I added some shading to the spinner, this is the result:
    [​IMG]
    I do not like the idea of a spiral instead of the propellers, since in S3DB it was a pair of propellers. Also, we need a vote: Do we want the fire sheild as seen in S3/K, or a red sheild similar to that of S1/2?

16. Soselocke

Soselocke

MEEP MEEP MEEP Banned
    Oh, I didn't notice that... instead, I suggest that the spikes on the pillar be shaded as it turns to give a sense of depth, that they're actually spinning in a cylinder.

17. GIHunter

GIHunter

18. synchronizer

synchronizer

So the fire shield from S3K would better for a homing attack. The homing capabilities would have to programed in though. Probably like in Sonic Megamix, except the range would be a bit diminished.

19. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    That spinnig sprite is not equal to the original, while Sonic spins he does not look up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.