don't click here

Sonic 3 & Knuckles: The Challenges

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by ColinC10, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Was hoping for an ALL bosses thing. :P

2. HighFrictionZone

HighFrictionZone

Hi. Member
    Katy, Texas
    Nothing
    I found the final boss to be very awesome! I mean this with all seriousness.
    I suppose I can see where they are coming from, since + - I can complete it without worrying about ring management, making it actually easier than the original doomsday zone.  

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Thanks, DalekSam. =P

4. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    In all honesty I think this is the best I can do without cheating:
    [​IMG]

I doubt I can do any better than this :(

5. JDAdams

JDAdams

I got 272 rings on the HCZ2 ring grab, and still only an A! FFS, what does it take? It's 275 isn't it? I knew I should have grabbed the three by the boss. Similarly for the FBZ vandal - 46 is apparently not enough, though I'm pretty confident that's as good as it gets. Do I just need to do it faster (had about 6 seconds left)? Lastly, Final Battle 1 - I can only get a C and I thought that was a really quick run - what sort of time do I need left for an S?

Oh, GREAT hack by the way. Genius in both idea and execution. A+++++ would play again etc.

6. ColinC10

ColinC10

Tech Member
    As it says in the tip for one of the challenges, your rank is based on score and time (although score is much more important). You have a very high score in both of the challenges you mention, so you just need to do it faster. With the exception of the challenges with more lenient time limits - that's Tag Team 3, Bodyguard 1/2 and High Voltage 1/2 - the S rank target is always either 0:30, 1:00 or 1:30 remaining. Good luck! :)

7. synchronizer

synchronizer

I get a no way message ala blue sphere in genesis plus and generator.

8. Bozo

Bozo

[​IMG]

Not entirely. Time does help your rank, even if not by a lot.

9. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Ok, even with endless TASing, I can only get these results:

[​IMG]

Total dead end. + - Anyone giving me his SRAM so I can play the other levels?  

10. JDAdams

JDAdams

Getting there! I have S in all of them now (except FB3), hell yeah:) Final Battle 1 I left for last since I found tiresome simply because of the boring first boss. The second is much better but so unpredictable (to a point). It's funny though, after I ran through the rest of the S-ranks I was missing I got FB1 on my very first try.

Edit: This is sooooo much easier now I've stopped going for the highest possible scores - it's just a matter of picking which outlying rings / objects to drop. Still got an S with 329 rings on Ring Grab 2 though :P

Also, to the person who said that a death should end the challenge, I S-ranked Tag Team 3 with a death. I did die approx. 1 second after hitting a star post, but that was actually handy as + - it reset the ghosts   :)

Finally, I nearly gave up on this when I got to Vandal 2 - just didn't seem so much fun. I'm glad I persevered, it really adds another dimension. Saw FB3 coming - at least I knew it must be a variation on that simply because + - I realised every level or level segment was used just the once, and TDZ was left over  

11. synchronizer

synchronizer

So it only works in Windows Genesis emulators then? Okay

12. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Actually, I've been playing it in Kega Fusion for Mac. Works fine here.

13. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
  14. JDAdams

JDAdams

OK, now I have S ranks in everything :) No ending screen on completion? Shame! A great hack all round though, I only have the time to play a few and yours always appeal. Thanks!

15. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Reportin' that this also works on the Wii Port of Genesis Plus without any problems whatsoever.

16. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Here are videos of The Final Battles for anyone that cant get to them but wants to see them:

Final Battle 1 (I fucked up at the last second in this video, getting me an A instead of an S. Pretend the fuck up didnt happen and its an S. :P )

Final Battle 2

Final Battle 3

17. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Interesting, once again we use a similar strategy for that boss. I, too, wait on the right for him to fire the three fireballs, but unlike you I usually land two hits on him while he's descending, and two while he's jumping on the emerald. In fact, a maximum of 5 hits can be landed, as shown in the current TAS.

18. I can do that WITHOUT TAS. Just requires excellent timing.

Also I just saw Final Battle 3. THAT was epic as hell. Now if only we could get Super Tails and Super Knuckles to work in DoomsDay without looking garbled.

19. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Um, you can. You just have to enter debug before the transformation and it will restore your correct mappings when you exit it.

20. WOW. I didn't know that! Thanks!

EDIT: Aww...but Knuckles is running in air! He should be gliding, It would look better...

At least Tails looks like he is flying...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.