don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    also, the JP release was postponed, so there's that too

3. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

Sonic will never get close to Pikachu's international BO because of coronavirus. Even when theaters open back up attendance will be low and focus will have shifted. It's nice that the domestic pull was successful but studios really bank on those international markets. Lot of movies getting drowned out right now, unfortunately.

4. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
  5. Agobue

Agobue

Naka-san posted this on his Facebook page:

Amy Rose Will Reportedly Appear In Sonic The Hedgehog 2

While audiences quickly fell in love with Sonic The Hedgehog‘s live-action debut earlier this year, many longtime fans were left somewhat disappointed by the absence of several key characters.

As an origin tale meant to establish the long-lasting feud between Sonic and Dr. Robotnik, director Jeff Fowler has described how he didn’t want to overwhelm newcomers to the franchise, preferring instead to set up the core conflict and leave room for its development in potential future installments. A smart decision to make, for sure, and one that explains away the absence of other Mobius natives such as Knuckles, Tails (post-credits scenes excluded) and even Amy Rose.

Should Paramount decide to continue on with the series (an incredibly likely outcome given the first film’s smashing success), it’s fair to assume that Sonic’s friends will get substantially more screen time and that includes the anthropomorphic hedgehog’s love interest.

According to our sources, in fact, – the same ones who told us Jim Carrey’s Mask will appear in Space Jam 2 and that a She-Hulk show is coming to Disney Plus – Amy is already tipped to appear in the unannounced sequel and, presumably as in the games, her self-proclaimed status as Sonic’s girlfriend will be mined for its obvious comedic potential.

First appearing in 1993’s cult favourite Sonic CD, Amy is kidnapped by Metal Sonic at the orders of Robotnik, forcing Sonic to take action and save her from his grasp. Since her initial appearance, Sega has fleshed out the character and her backstory considerably and she’s considered just as synonymous with the series as either Tails or Knuckles. At this early stage, of course, there’s no telling if Amy will survive Sonic The Hedgehog 2‘s eventual scripting, but the plan is definitely to include her.

As always, we’ll keep you posted as soon as we learn more and in the meantime, you can share your thoughts on these latest developments (and other characters you’d like to see appear in a sequel) in the usual place below!

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/amy-rose-reportedly-sonic-hedgehog-2/

6. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I wouldn’t believe much of what WGTC says. Anyone can write for the site and they always publish tons of unverified and false rumors.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Wildcat

Wildcat

When I saw Naka I thought it was legitimate. Well it’s still possible she appears but for now I’m only assuming Knuckles and Tails.

8. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    If they have a Metal Sonic powered by that stolen quill, we might get a pretty good final fight for the second movie.

And i'm a simple man, if they reference the OVA movie in any way, i'll give it a thumbs up lol

9. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    A "Robotnik builds Metal Sonic based off the quill he has" plot could make for a good sequel, and a good way to get Tails and Amy in there also. Not sure if Knuckles and the Echidna tribe could be worked in unless they have Metal Sonic attack the echidnas, kill all of them, and Knuckles becomes the last of his kind that way, setting up a secondary conflict for Sonic (Metal being the primary one). That might be too much for one movie, though.

10. Dek Rollins

Dek Rollins

size of a tangerine Member
    US
    He's gonna use the quill to create Shadow.

11. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    That's part of why I hope they hold off on Metal Sonic until a third movie. That, and now that we have a more game-accurate Robotnik, I want him to have a chance to shine before bringing on Metal Sonic. Maybe one stinger introducing Knuckles, and another where he gets the idea for Metal Sonic.

12. Wafer

Wafer

Find me on Twitter instead Member
    Given that neither Knuckles or Amy are confirmed, but
    Tails is and Robotnik has to somehow get himself back from another planet, I wouldn't mind a full-on Sonic 2 adaptation, complete with the Death Egg (or some kind of apocalyptic space vessel) and the very memorable Metal Sonic replacing the frankly somewhat forgettable Mecha Sonic.
    But that's probably expecting a lot. Either way, I'm looking forward to finding out!

13. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    The question is, where does he find all that metal to build all this stuff? :V mushrooms as far as the eye can see

14. Wafer

Wafer

Find me on Twitter instead Member
    @SystemsReady I'm sure he'd tell you to never underestimate Dr. Ivo Robotnik ;)

15. Vangar

Vangar

Well the first one didn't follow any current storylines, so why would the sequel? Its more likely Sonic and Tails will need to stop Eggman from destroying the american government by finding the chaos emeralds, 7 magical rocks left behind around the earth by ancient beings to become super sonic.... than any known stories we have.

16. Wildcat

Wildcat

Dr. Robotnik ending up on Mushroom Hill is most likely to meet Knuckles which matches Sonic3&K. I don’t think it was a coincidence they picked that location.

I know the movie seems to treat it as a separate planet instead of the floating island but the map could just depict it wrong. It’s something a sequel can easily explain...supposedly nobody is there and whoever made the map didn’t know.

Even so he’s bound to meet Knuckles because that’s where he’d be and he’s logically the next character to introduce since the echidnas appeared and they already revealed Tails.

Now I don’t think a sequel will completely take place there. Obviously earth and Tom need to be included but imo it’ll barrow directly from the games. The whole Robotnik tricks Knuckles thing and he’s probably gonna wanna takeover too since he’s the only human. He has the quill, Knuckles’ trust and whatever he’s able to put together.

Also the map shows the special zone. If there are emeralds on earth it’s probably just 1.

17. netscapenow

netscapenow

https://twitter.com/SonicMovie/status/1241093943254585344

The movie's being released digitally on the 31st of this month, with the Blu-Ray/DVD coming on the 19th of May.
    Interestingly, the iTunes description mentions a "new animated short" as a bonus feature (picture from TokyoKid47 on Reddit)
    [​IMG]
    And deleted scenes.... You know what that means...

18. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    I'm happy to be able to own this movie so soon but I'm bummed how it was harmed by the Coronavirus. I'm sure the movie had a lot of legs left in it box office wise that we won't see.

I hope it still gets a sequel in a couple years, no way it wouldn't do better than the first now.

19. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
  20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I love how all the merch is using the non-final design for the shoes.