don't click here

Spoiler-free Sonic Mania discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Overlord, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ugh. I was not prepared for news like this. Maybe it's karma for my fake Steam install picture the other day. I know a guy who owns a Switch, so I guess I'll be asking him if I can borrow it for a bit. On the plus side, the opening animation is incredible.

Seriously, a delay four days before release, with a vague explanation? The least they could do is give people Sonic 1, 2, 3&K and CD as an apology. I pre-ordered Generations SIX YEARS AGO and got a free S3&K and Sonic 3D Blast.

Fuck.

2. I'm still against leaks no matter what. As much effort as Taxman and company put into this game to finally, truly put Sonic back on the map, I can't imagine doing anything but support them in sales and hype. And to me so should any other Sonic diehard, though that of course is a choice.

Still peeved right now and I'm deciding on whether or not renting a system would actually be worth it.... but yeah, I'm anti-leak period for this. Maximum success.

3. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    But we honestly cannot experience nor discuss the game at the same time as our console brethren who will be receiving the game "optimized" on the release date.

4. Problem is this is not normal, not reasonable, not professional. Someone screwed up (we may never find out who) and the PC crowd is paying for it. A delay for a better product made sense several months back when all versions were delayed, it doesn't make sense 4 days before release.

5. dragonsteincole

dragonsteincole

The unprofessional thing to do would be to release a product knowing it's not going to work as well, to not fix whatever the issue is before releasing it. There's a lot of scar tissue from them doing that in the past And I think it's unreasonable to start calling the people working on it unprofessional, and suggesting the persons responsible need to be named. If all the goodwill and hope and admiration for the people who've done their jobs flawlessly up to this point is gone because the game was delayed for 2 weeks, then people need to examine themselves before they start aiming vitriol towards the devs.

6. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    Eventhough I bought the Switch version, this news still made me upset a little, and I wish the best of luck for PC users.

7. This, I feel like an outcast :v:

8. serpx

serpx

Here's what SEGA needs to do for PC players: Release the demo of Sonic Mania. Just so we have SOMETHING. I wish they'd mention what the issue was -- if it's something that's not THAT big of a deal that could be patched, I rather have a patch and play it on Tuesday. Can't play with fan's emotions like this. We've already been abused enough as it is.

9. I've officially caved and ordered the PS4 version. At least I get a cool theme for my troubles. :specialed:

10. Creature SH

Creature SH

I am disgruntled now. Kind of kills my excitement for the game. Then again, being excited for it was kind of silly, anyway. It's just another platformer. There were hundreds of those back in the day, and there are hundreds of indie developers making platformers now. Probably should've saved the money.

11. [​IMG]
    I sure do love being alive.

12. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    This. I just want to be able to finally drop dash in Green Hill Zone!! Give us the demo!

13. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    You're right. I've cancelled my order and bought FEZ on Xbox 360 instead. Will probably last me loads longer than another ROM hack anyway LOL!!!! :v:

oh god don't throw me out- i know the joke's gone too far

14. Just saying, just as Sega delaying this at the last-minute to fix a bug that should have been fixed a long time ago isn't professional, some of you guys acting entitled and screeching like autistic children that got their chicken tendies taken away isn't helping the fans' image.

15. Creature SH

Creature SH

Neither is using the word "autistic" as an insult.

16. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Oh dear. You're not helping the fans' image either.

17. MastaSys

MastaSys

And this attitude is even worse for god sake... I bought this game. Can't i have a little respect as a costumer without being insulted for not wanting to be steeped on by a corporation that have, at this moment, my money?

18. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    [​IMG]

19. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    For those who were depending on the PC version as their only option, here's what I might do if I was in your shoes. You _could_ go to a store like GameStop and buy a used PS4/Xbox One. I think you've got 14 days to return it for any reason, so if you bought it on the 14th and returned it on the 28th...

Of course, you'd still have to buy the game itself twice, but at least you'd get to play it on the 15th, and wouldn't have to try to go two whole weeks avoiding spoilers.

20. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    Genius! Now you can truly relive the 90's! It's just like renting a console from Blockbuster just to play that hot new release for a weekend :v:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.