don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    [​IMG]

2. Cyberguy

Cyberguy

I am the Chancellor of Clown Cars! Member
    I'd have made his glasses a bit bigger, the empty space on his face is bugging me a bit. Still, can't complain too much. Weasly is back, baby!

3. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Y'know, I have to wonder, how did Sonic come to join the Freedom Fighters in the Archenesis Verse? As far as I can tell, he's always been independently wandering and fighting Robotnik with Tails if the AoStH adaptations and Nicole's flashback in SU#72 are anything to go by (Sally mentions Antoine, Bunnie and Rotor, but no mention of Sonic and Tails, not even a 'Sonic seems to be okay despite it all', so it seems like he isn't related to Mobotropolis at all). What happened that suddenly made him go "Well, that's enough wandering for me, time to join these guys to save a kingdom I didn't live in!"

4. NioZero

NioZero

ConcepciĆ³n, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    So... Segata Sanshiro make a Cameo

[​IMG]

This makes my day...

5. Donnie Paradox

Donnie Paradox

Some Gai Member
    I love how no stone is left unturned in the Sonic universe with the comics, even bringing back characters that haven't been seen in twenty years. I feel like the comics are the best thing Sonic has going right now. It's not perfect, mind you, but it's nowhere near the fragile state that the games have reached right now. They did a great job with rebooting it. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Mega Man/Sonic crossover sequel will be. I just don't know how they can top Worlds Collide though.

6. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Since the Worlds Collide reboot, I've been a little on the fence about the series. Flynn's writing is still excellent, but they didn't give the new world enough room to breath before hitting the ground running, and it's been moving too fast to really get invested since. Still some really good moments, but they really needed some time to just chill out before going directly into this huge arc.

But then issue #268 happened.

Now I'm fully back on board. I love 268, love it. Finally the characters have a chance to be characters and we can see how they interact when they're not constantly moving in a forward motion. Loved the little thing about Sally playing the innocent card to get more funding from the King. Loved the Honey dynamic between Tails and Amy. I love Breezie, she's a great foil for everyone. I love the fan-service-y nods to SMS Sonic 2 and the fact they're adapting Sonic the Fighters inside of the Sonic Unleashed adaption (seriously a fantastic idea for getting some of the spin-off games put in without making it feel completely tacked on). This is the breather the series needed before diving into the Unleashed Arc. Bravo, Flynn.

7. Tylinos

Tylinos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Zavok? Zor? The hell are you doing here?!

9. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I'm really not excited for this at all. the comic JUST found it's footing again and now it's getting derailed by another crossover. They could have at least given it it's own mini-series instead of taking up space in the main books again.

10. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Eh, so long as they change something to be better, I don't mind. Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing the worlds merge permanently, like I've said before.

11. NioZero

NioZero

ConcepciĆ³n, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    Sigma and the Deadly Six...

Sonic Boom doesn't appear in the cover. I suppose his appearance will be in the next issues.

12. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

Literally Swimming in Privilege Banned
    BLAHGRAHHHAH!!!!

I just freaked out! AXL!!!!!!! These covers are freaking awesome, Knuckles has never looked so badass in CGI, that artist is working! I'm so excited for this.

AXL!!!!!

13. Felik

Felik

Wait, aren't Megaman and Megaman X supposed to the same character?

14. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

X is completely different robot.
    Plain and simple he's MegaMan 2.0, but he was TOO advanced when Dr. Light initially completed him, so he hid him away until the world could keep up, then someone else released him and he started fighting a bunch of robots like the old MegaMan.

15. Tylinos

Tylinos

Nope. X was built by Dr. Light at some point after the original Mega Man series. He's similar to Mega Man, but he's a different robot.

16. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

Then they made Axl!

17. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Mega Man X was built to be able to think for himself without any limitations. But Dr. Light feared that he could end up being a potential threat to everyone, so X was sealed away so his system could be tested, which would take about 30 years (Dr. Light wouldn't be around when tests are complete). 100 years later, X was awoken by Dr. Cain and with the help of X, used Dr. Light's designs to create the robots similar to X known as Reploids. But the fact they didn't receive the same tests as X, meant they could turn violent (Maverick/Irregular) towards anyone, including humans.

Dr. Light wanted X to one day give robots the ability to grow and coexist alongside humans, if I'm right.

18. Seeing Zavok initially worried me, but then I realized Flynn != shit writing so I'm really excited to see how THAT aspect plays out. Really looking forward to this.

19. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    I dunno, Flynn wrote the Lost World special and we remember how that turned out...

20. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

How many posts does it take to answer if two robots are the same?