don't click here

Assembler games member has Sonic xtreme POV stuff

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Spinksy, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Lupus

Lupus

Sorry if I missed it, but I've read that it had one build that none knew what it was and it supposedly was an new Sonic game. So... In truth it is the POV engine for saturn, right?

2. Jollyroger

Jollyroger

People took the information they heard from us and made it into whatever they wanted the truth to be.
    There is no new Sonic game. POV's variant of XTreme is the game that has never been seen before.

Jolly

3. Lupus

Lupus

Yeah, people really have that problem. Anyway, speaking by the Sonic's brazilian fans, thank you, once again, for all your great job with the game. I was reading the topic and you've made a great progress in little time. I Hope nobody is pissing you off =D

4. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    A tad disappointed there isn't a new game in the findings, but thank you very much jolly for clearing that up nonetheless.

5. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Senn Said the same thing, he'd tell us something than it gets twisted into something completely different.
    I think as an example, With 1000s of people reading info than speeding their interpretation of said info we get changes. Some people fill in gaps they missed reading with assumptions. Some people change it because they did not fully under stand what they were reading, some want to add information they learned from what they read somewhere else in the past. Some of us forget specific details and attempt to fill in the gaps. We cant get mad when these things happen it's inevitable ! Afterall its part of the way that society functions.
    I think doing A Wiki would be the best way to keep the information strait... We don't have time to add to the x-treme wiki here on retro , so maybe someone would be kind enough to start updating it as key info comes in. For example: How many builds we have in this POV leak, and what is the POV leak as an example. I think everything that needs knowing is here and in the assembler forums.

6. Lupus

Lupus

Andrew75, you have a point.
    I found this topic doing a lot of research of X-Treme projects for the brazilian fans. You know, none cares for explain these things and I don't think the most part of brazilian fans, for example, actually know the diferences between Project S, AXLX and Jolly's build. Until yesterday, actually, I didn't know what's "POV build" means... hhahahahaha. So, I'm doing the job of research and pass the informations for the brazilian fans, but I think I could help in a wiki. I have a great text, about the 3 projects, their goals, their teams and, the most important, showing they are diferent. Maybe, we can use it as a some sort of abstract and after write about the projects, especially this one.

7. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    That's AXSX actually lol

AXSX was started around the same time as Project S, It stands for Andrew Xeniczone Sonic X-treme, He's not working on the project any longer, and none of his code is being used,( engine changes do that) but the name stands as that's what its always been called. A lot of people think my goal is to remake Sonic xtreme, When in fact its more of a what x-treme could have been type deal.( at least in my minds eye)

On other news, and back on the topic of porting stuffs. Jolly is looking into the level editor currently.
    He's looking to see if there is even a small chance of making the entire editor work under Win7+ and it will take some time to evaluate.
    He also says that there may be a chance to actually have the editor running, eventually. and that he feels a bit more positive about it than before.

With J on the Job we may have a good chance to see this happen. but yeah don't get your hopes up to high now !( you know ,,,, just in case)

8. Lupus

Lupus

Yeah, I know it
    err... error by distraction :v:/>
    hahahahha

That's great. JR always surprising us!

9. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    After 12+ hours blood sweat and tears, JollyRoger has successfully ported the level editor over to a Modern Windows OS, However its still in need of a lot of work.
    Features are missing, has bugs and crashing issues. It should all be downhill from here, as the hard parts are done.
    Its extremely preliminary, But this shows that it can be done !

Edit: A thought had occurred to me. When this drops, this could possibly be the very first official level editor used for an official Sonic game ever released.
    All the other level editors we have, have all been put together by community coders and hackers. Please guys, correct me if I'm wrong here.

[​IMG]

10. winterhell

winterhell

There is the Level Creator at PlaySega that edits the roms of the games, and then plays them in an emulator.
    [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIRc_8JVUbM[/media]

11. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    How Quaint !

12. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Wasn't that just a Flash game

13. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    You are correct. That piece of crap is not an emulator, it's a poorly done recreation with inaccurate physics, incomplete animations, and bad sound. You can see most of the problems just watching that video.

14. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Updates for well Some of the Rendering features. The cursor, blending, and line drawing now all work.

He is trying to reproduce as closely as possible the NV1 behavior for textures, palettes, blending, sprites, polygons, alphas.
    Its a lot of work, and may take some time to get it to where he wants it to be.

[​IMG]

15. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    This guy is a machine. Goodness gracious.

16. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Indeed !

My personal thoughts.... This editor looks so bad ass !
    [​IMG]

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That map in the corner... wow. :O

18. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Forgive me as I'm no 3D game designer / programmer, but is that type of isometric level map used fairly ofter when it comes to designing 3D platformers? I don't think I've ever seen anything like it, especially given how X-treme is anything but isometric in it's level design. It's quite fascinating to me.

19. Jollyroger

Jollyroger

It only makes sense for this game, as maps are always composed of layers of cubes. For pretty much any other complex 3D environment it would be pretty useless.

20. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Most (generic) 3D editors do offer an isometric view mode, as it has quite a few uses (e.g. getting the basic level layout sorted), but yeah, once you're going into details you need a free camera.