don't click here

Assembler games member has Sonic xtreme POV stuff

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Spinksy, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    Not keen on posting links to stuff but a guy on Assemblergames has some POV Sonic xtreme stuff and needs some help extracting the info............

POV sonic xtreme

2. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    OMFG , just what I've been waiting for ! Somebody get that man some help !

EDIT !
    The game release threads can be found here:
    Release thread for STI Engines, 037 and 040 (PC and Saturn): http://forums.sonicr...opic=34038&st=0
    Other POV Saturn Build thread: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=34255&st=0

3. Make sure that if anyone from Retro offers, he intends to share. :colbert:/>

4. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Okay guys ,,, its fund raiser time ? I'll donate the first 50 bucks. But Maybe we should wait to see if other components fall in place first? and maybe see if its worth a donation in the first place.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Diamond-Edge-3D-3240-Video-Card-NV1-Sega-PC-/251673405708?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item3a98e7690c

5. winterhell

winterhell

Can the guy release the project files to show good faith? There are other ways to use them beside running on the intended hardware.

6. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    As I have said on Assembler Andrew75 - I'll donate.

I'll donate 50 bucks also

7. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Cool !
    Now we just need to locate the Sega Saturn System Disc/Key Disc
    and NV1 SDK, I've already got my hooks out looking for that SDK, may know a few people that have one.

8. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    If anyone is interested in NV1's history, Its also Sega's history as well.
    http://vintage3d.org/nv1.php#sthash.peT0GoNa.dpbs

http://youtu.be/jChtlWNIAL4

9. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Okay guys, I really think we should start doing donations for that card right now. before its gone...If anyone wants to donate to the cause please P M me and I'll hook you up with my paypal info.
    If we can get 150 I'll cover the rest.

10. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Okay guys I just bought it myself so that it wouldn't be snapped up by someone else. I hope to get some donations to cover the cost in this next step to getting Sonic Xtreme source material.

11. This is dumb. "Pump some money up my arse when I'm not even sure if it'll produce any results"... His post sounds like he has no idea what he's talking about. If anything goes wrong during the process of installing this old software and compiling, it seems he doesn't have the knowledge to fix problems to get it to actually work.

Also, why exactly is it always "Money here, donate there, fund this, pay that" when you could just, you know, ask communities like voodoalert or VOGONS where tons of people have NV1 hard and software?

Seriously.

12. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    I don't think its bad, as it helps us as a whole . If he acquires the card from somewhere else before I'm able to send it over to him, than I'll refund the donations.
    159 left , got 50 from Spinksy, and my 50 already.

Edit: I think voodoalert or VOGONS may be a good place to look for the NV1 SDK perhaps. Thx for bringing them up !

13. Funding an idiot doesn't mean everything is magically going to work. You'll hit a brick wall quite soon. Trust me. And that card was ridiculously overpriced - A lot of 6 recently sold here for 89 EUR and you paid 259 bucks for ONE....

Oh well, more funds wasted :)/>

14. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Hello again, Sonic X-Treme.

Don't ebay sellers sell those kinds of things in bulk because they're broken and required to be fixed?

15. IIRC the cards were listed as working

16. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    A friend 'Clover' brought this to my attention ....

Found here:
    http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_X-treme

17. Saidian

Saidian

England
    Blast From The Fast (Fangame)
    Could be a little more positive about it all Oerg, though I agree overpaying as much as he did still not the best move. People learn though

Just gotta make sure things are done carefully now

18. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    It was the only available card I could track down. and getting to see new sonic x-treme info or content is worth that and more in my eyes.

19. Saidian

Saidian

England
    Blast From The Fast (Fangame)
    Indeed. Hopefully this will all work out and we'll finally have something more than that old engine test. Hopefully we get more than what was described but I guess we'll wait and see.

Also, don't you dare stop working on AXSX :v:

20. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    Hi all.

have weighed in on this over at Assemblergames. If I get a chance I might fire off a few messages to old contacts and see if I can get any more on this. It's very much not a priority in my life at the moment though, you need to understand!