don't click here

Assembler games member has Sonic xtreme POV stuff

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Spinksy, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Jollyroger

Jollyroger

This might be the first time ever the POV version of Sonic Xtreme has been displayed running on a Saturn outside of POV or STI.

I do not have a video capture device, so I cannot capture a video of it (yet), but below you can see a picture I took of the POV Xtreme tech demo running on my Cartdev/Mirage.

It clearly shows that, while it was nowhere near a playable game, as a tech demo it definitely shows POV would have been more than capable of producing a reasonable version of Sonic Xtreme for Saturn, if they had enough time...

Enjoy...

Jolly

[​IMG]

2. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Sexy !

3. Saidian

Saidian

England
    Blast From The Fast (Fangame)
    [​IMG]

Fantastic stuff!

4. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    wow.

5. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Incredible work, jolly!

6. That's amazing, Jollyroger! It's greating seeing this after all of these years! :D

7. Amazing! Great work guys.

8. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    Oh that looks beautiful!

9. InvisibleUp

InvisibleUp

friendly internet ghost Member
    This might be a silly question but where exactly did that Saturn build come from? Was it with all the other stuff?

10. TrackerTD

TrackerTD

Dragon Land is Screaming! Member
    As a Saturn fanatic, I'm incredibly excited to see this. It looks so... beautiful.
    Amazing work Jolly, this is nothing short of incredible.

11. Jollyroger

Jollyroger

Thanks for all the comments. Of course I cannot take any credit whatsoever, I am just rebuilding (and fixing some issues) the code that someone else wrote, and running it on real hardware.

This is really interesting though, I had discovered this build in the archives, but I didn't expect it to be this nice...

12. It's a mighty fine job you did there. Really great work in putting this back together.

13. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Such a monumental development. I can't wait to play a fully functioning public build.

14. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Okay guys some NEW news!
    Since I lack the time to make a proper post at the moment, I'm just going to Quote JollyRoger's posts from Assemblergames.com.
    To go along with Jolly's news, I'm also preparing a new cleaned up level pack containing more 037 compatable levels to go with the last v037 engine release.

15. That's good to hear! :D Having an LUA interpreter is a great idea and I'm looking forward to seeing the release that has that feature!

16. Jollyroger

Jollyroger

Just to make it clear, at this point it is just an idea, it may never happen.

I am just thinking about how/whether to let people customize the engine in the future, given that I will not release the source code.

Jolly