don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    It's very much possible... but the caveat is you have to make the modification ONCE per EVERY single level, because of the way that everything is coded...

2. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Aren't all the character art and mapping the same for every level? If so can't you just edit one level then copy / paste it into the others?

3. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Oh man I feel like a kid in a candy store.

I'm really digging that Sonic sprite, Shockwave677. Loving the new foreground tiles Varion.

4. LoneDevil

LoneDevil

Eternal Underdog Member
    Sonic CD IOS 2011 PC. about Bad Futures, I'm not entirely sure. :P

5. flamewing

flamewing

Emerald Hunter Tech Member
    France
    Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
    It isn't, no; there is a core of art and mappings which is the same in all levels, but there is level-specific art and mappings too.

6. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Add to that only the Beta version of the game is disassembled and it's not MapEd compatible.

Ah that sets me back then. Never mind.

Would make a fun twist if you did. After all whose going to be capturing animals and racing the player in Stardust Speedway now?

7. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    It is also possible to edit sprites in the 1995 PC version with SCDPCspr.

8. bluemanga

bluemanga

UK
    Hey everyone, new member here. I'd thought I'd like to show off a bit of what I've been working on. I may also say, that it was very much sonic retro which inspired me to start this.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I'd say that I've replaced a good number of Sonic's sprites, but there a still a few left to do. I have been exploring the assembly language, but it's difficult to say the least lol. That stuff is probably best saved for the Q&A thread though ^^
    Oh, and sorry if I'm not around too often, university can be quite busy.

9. AkumaYin

AkumaYin

If you're taking screenshots in Gens, then you should probably turn the filtering off. Other than that, it looks kind of cool, I hope you do edited palettes, level design, etc.

10. bluemanga

bluemanga

UK
    Okay yeah, sorry I'm new here lol, but I do understand. Oh and yes, I do plan to take this further. It's basically the reason why I wanted to join Sonic Retro in the first place. I kinda want to focus on the assembly language aspect, then once I've gotten the hang of it, I'll focus on the other problems like level desgin.

11. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

In VERY early stages, but seems relevant to the S3+K anniversary craze:

[​IMG]

12. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

Hahah Robotnik seems so pale I'm loving to see that you got it started on, and it's looking pretty cool from that screenshot.

13. LoneDevil

LoneDevil

Eternal Underdog Member
    [​IMG]

14. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    This is looking great! Especially that Pause menu on the right, there... straight outta the Taxman release, LOVE IT.

15. flamewing

flamewing

Emerald Hunter Tech Member
    France
    Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
    It is possible it is a hack of the Nemesis/Taxman release; getting VRAM to do that in SCD is damn near impossible. The other alternative would be SCD-PC, but I doubt it.

16. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    If he managed that in the PC version, he should be made a tech member immediately. :v:

17. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    It has been said so many times by him that it's a TaxStealth mod.

18. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    [​IMG]

Title Screen that I've been working on with MarkeyJester. There's more to this but I'll be showing it off once something else is in the game.

19. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    Not too shabby looking there, Spanner. My only nit-pick is the gold emblem in the background. I never thought that looked good, I feel it almost looks like something done with water color paint, the detail lacks because of that effect it gives off. Other than that it's a great screen. :)

Here is the latest update to my Ultimate Soccer inspired SEGA screen:
    [​IMG]

Still want to work on this more later, but I am overall satisfied with the results.

20. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    This is really fuckin' A. I hope you can do something about the palette, though; Eggman's looking a little pale, but it's Tails that I'm the most worried about. Excellent work, nonetheless.