don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    If this photo of this figure posted by SEGA a few minutes ago is anything to go by, Sonic will look reeeeeeeeaaaally out of place in the real world in a live action movie (minus the glossiness).

[​IMG]

2. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    I'll never understand this obsession with putting cartoon/game character in our world. They could create a fantastic imaginative and exciting world, but instead they think it's better to put them in this boring crap hole of a planet lol

It's gonna be live action Sonic X ep1-26, before all their homeworld stuff started leaking through. minus Sam Speed =P

3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    So Sonic Stadium found one of the writers on Twitter: https://twitter.com/VanRobichaux

The good news is that he seems to actually be a Sonic fan.
    The bad news is that his avatar is Charmy.

4. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    This pleases me. Knowing that we got somebody writing it that has been a fan of the franchise for a long time might be proof that the writing won't be cringeworthy like The Smurfs.

Now which one of you is gonna try to convince him to get a Retro forum account?

5. Super Egg

Super Egg

Master of MS Paint. Member
    Tomball, TEXAS
    Sonic 2 beta 3 hoax
    Plot Twist: He's actually a Techie on Retro

*Shot*

6. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It's actually not a long shot, seeing how he's on the Sonic Stadium forums now. :v:

EDIT: Also, a couple of Funny or Die sketches written and directed by him (the second one was also co-written by the other Sonic movie writer, Evan Susser):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBFr7aGdPoo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COq-S2irVTo

7. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Well, looks like this guy's one for dark comedy.

Let's just hope he doesn't go the Mad World / Happy Tree Friends writers route and that's his ONLY outlet of actually good humor :P

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Actually, I kind of sort of maybe of asked him to come by here too along with SSMB on twitter last night. he signed up to SSMB so hes probably here too but probably stuck in a pending status.

9. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I see no Van or VanRobichaux in the members list, so probably not.

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    So turns out that the annual movie thing wasn't true:
    http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/17444-sonic-live-action-movie-no-room-for-boom/page-40#entry898654

11. Endri

Endri

That means they only have one try to actually make something good!

And my advice to the guy responsible for writing the script: don't listen to the fans; just do your thing. If you need to do any kind of research, trust the Retro Wiki. Sonic/Sega Retro is second only to Sega for a reason.

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    You can see on his Twitter that he actually is doing his research. He's replaying the Genesis games and he has the "History of Sonic the Hedgehog" book by Pix'n Love.

13. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I'd be okay with that if the book didn't have some of the errors it does.

14. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    You know I'm almost as terrified of the potential movie as I am of the inevitable game tie in. :v:

15. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Sonic the Movie: The Game. And it will turn out to be an adaption of Sonic Live. In addition to the recent success of comic adaptions having the original writers do the screenplay like Sin City 2, they will get Ken Penders on board to pen the script.

Nightmare fuel aside, I would be curious to see what a movie tie-in game would turn out like :P

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It's certainly not a thing of the past. Insomniac/Sony are making a new Ratchet & Clank game based on the movie.

Also, because I linked to the one Sonic movie writer's Twitter account, here's the one of the other writer: https://twitter.com/EvanSusser/

17. Endri

Endri

Okay, good.

Nooooooo! Because
    It has the same fundamental errors that the western continuation of the series had. Never mind the fact that the book is pretty inaccutare in like, almost everything. If he truly wants to understand the actual background and story of Sonic the Hedgehog, his best bet, in the very least, would be to read the translated japanese manuals that we have on the wiki, for Sonic 1, 2 8-bit, 2, 3K, CD, Chaos and Chaotix. With that, he would probably have a pretty solid base to work with, as his gameplay thorugh the games would actually make some sense for one thing.

Not that any of that should matter, as the movie is going to be based on the modern Sonic continuation anyways, isn't it? And the Sonic series main continuation was retconned in 1998 with Sonic Adventure.

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    One of the writers (Van Robichaux) is streaming Sonic 1 right now: http://www.twitch.tv/vanrobi

19. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    ^This

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I already linked Van to the Retro Wiki, I knew he was going to need it so hopefully hes using it to its full potential.