don't click here

SEGA 3D Classics Coming to 3DS

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by RGamer2009, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Streets of Rage and Shinobi III should hit the e-shop today, stay tuned :3!

Edit: It's there already!

2. Thanks a lot.

3. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
  4. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
    So guys, been awhile since we heard any news on the 3D Classics front, but check this out:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/223967-3d-fantasy-zone-more-screens-original-soundtrack-art

Looks like Japan's getting Fantasy Zone next week.

There's also more details here:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/223977-3d-fantasy-zone-opa-opa-bros-first-details

5. Vangar

Vangar

I NEED 3D FANTASY ZONE NOW

EDIT: OMG its the arcade version too. I like the SMS one but this one is GREAT!

[​IMG]

6. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
  7. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
    Hah, you posted it just when I found out about it myself. In any case, yeah, that does sound like the last main arcade one. There's still likely more than a few MD/Genesis games that folks may want, Sonic aside. But yeah, hopefully Sega and M2 keep up the good work.

8. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Thunder Blade, maybe Power Drift, G-LOC etc. etc.

Sega put out a lot of great games back in the day

9. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Wonder if they'll use the Dreamcast versions car or not..either way nice to see Outrun at last.

Other arcade games I would love to see them eventually do:
    Power Drift, A.B Cop, Bonanza Bros, Golden Axe nd Return of Death Adder, Outrunners, Rad Mobile/Rally, I could go on..
    Hell I'd love to see them even do some early 3D games. I'd love to see the blocky Virtua Racing and Fighter models popping out of the 3DS screen.

I assume the rest of this batch will be Mega Drive games however, and if that's the case I'd be up for:
    Streets of Rage 2, Gunstar Heroes (they hinted at wanting to do it), Ristar and Sonic 2.

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    They've been struggling to get After Burner running at full speed, so I'd say the most advanced arcade we're going to see in this series would be Power Drift and maybe Outrunners (both of which I'd approve, specially the latter).

Bonanza Bros. would be nice, but they'd no doubt take the lesser (Mega Drive) version, for that same reason. Golden Axe, they'll probably just find another excuse not to use the Arcade version (for instance, the Mega Drive game has one extra filler level with a recolored final boss).

11. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    They used the Arcade version on Xbox LIVE Arcade and also for the Golden Axe Vintage Collection on XBLA.

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Also on the Wii, I know. I'm just afraid of this after the decision they took with Altered Beast.

13. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    3D Outrun Footage showcasing one of the new songs, "Cruising Line".

14. God, I wish they'd release a cart with all these on it. I really don't want to fuck around with eshop purchases.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Also showcasing yet another un-Ferrari (not Shenmue's).

16. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    They should release Fantasy zone II DX 3D. Just because that game deserves a western release, being one of Sega's best arcade games ever.

17. Zeether

Zeether

So when is the second wave going to come out here? I heard sales weren't particularly good (on Kotaku UK) but I really don't want this to be a Model 2 case where Sega just goes "fuck it, no one wants these."

18. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I for one only didn't buy because they weren't on a card. I do wonder how putting all of them out on a single card as a budget release, as Sega has done for collections of individual enhanced titles in the past (specifically Sega Classics Collection), might do.

19. Sploit

Sploit

The majority of the SEGA Model 2 collection was released in US/EU was it not? Aside from Virtua Striker and Virtual On. But you can if you have a 360, just sign into the japanese marketplace with an alternative account and then buy them using a microsoft card for that region (Easy to obtain)! Once downloaded they will work with your regular account.

20. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    So here are the new tracks without SFX: