don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Machenstein

Machenstein

Is it wrong that I wish Sonic 4 used these designs for the badniks? Sure, I'd rather have had new badniks, but I feel these designs capture the appeal the old ones had.

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Probably because they're mostly 1:1 recreations of Classic badniks. Very few have any changes at all. It did kind of bug me that Generations used the Colours-style badniks, even in Classic stages. S4's badniks were just over designed and lacking character.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I actually liked the Generations badniks because they looked somewhat menacing. While these one's are closer to the classic badniks for sure, I enjoyed the style of the Generations ones.

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I liked the designs to. But it was kind of like, why not use the Classic Crabmeat in GHZ and the Modern one in Planet Wisp? It's just a little niggle I have with the game (that and Seaside Hill using enemies not actually found in Heroes).

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That makes sense. And I can get why Seaside Hill would use other enemies. That whole game only had Eggpawns. It's boring

6. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    These are nice but they are too cute o.o

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

But the Egg Flappers were cool. Mind you, Seaside Hill had no Choppers originally either but the giant one was one of the best additions to the game.

I have to give SLW credit where it's due. Despite the fact that 99% of the badniks are recycled from older games, and combat was somewhat ruined by the stupid kick attack, it easily bests all other 3D Sonic games in terms of enemy variety and threat. Almost ever stage has different badniks to contend with, and if you rush into things you're gonna get hurt. You have to think about how you approach them all, and actually keep a look out for their attack patterns. Fun times!

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Cute but deadly... gotta love 'em. =P

9. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Nah, they were made by Eggman which is not cute. Generations Badniks were far superior in design, but at least they used awesome creative mechanics and variety with the new ones.

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    But Eggman used to be cute when he created these. :(

11. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Eggman creates these cute robots, however in his mind they are only the fiercest looking creatures around.

12. Lord Nero

Lord Nero

Resident Nintendo Hater. Member
    Claymont, DE.
    Let's Plays, Work and Animation.
  13. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    >100 rings grants an extra life
    >wisps now controllable without the touch screen

They do care.

14. That link takes me to a 404 screen. Anyone else having that issue?

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

What a good move. It doesn't fix the fact that many deaths are cheap, or that the Wisps are forced into the game regardless, but still. Very very nice touch.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    FUCK YES. What else gets fixed. Please tell me they fixed Super Sonic.

Also I imagine that post went up too early. IIRC they said the patch was coming out on the 11th, so they probably took the article down but here's apparently what that post said:

It's too late for me with that fucking bomb powerup since I already beat those missions but that would have been extremely helpful. Nice touches all around though, hopefully the experience is slightly less dreadful now. Also they didn't say anything about Super Sonic... but I hope they did some stuff with him.

17. Why didn't they just do that in the first place?!

18. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    Did they not add the present? :v: I wonder if it's still missing.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ^ Present?

50/50 either they forgot or they didn't care.

Or both. But now they do so good. They should have changed how the spot light functions in Silent Forest Act 2 but one thing at a time I suppose.

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The spotlight chase isn't any different to a moving wall, or indeed the tornado from Desert Ruins 4 in principle. It's just too fast.