don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Well, it's common logic by now in games like these. Just saying, why not?

But yeah, it's fixed now, so who am I to complain?

2. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    For completing all the missions.
    [​IMG]
    It's missing. It has sparkles and all. :v:

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh yea I forgot you got nothing for doing all of those. We must be the only 2 who did haha.

And as for the spotlight I mean it shouldn't be an insta death. Damage maybe. Surprisingly I thought the 3DS version handled the spot light well. If it hit you, it dropped some walls to make the path more difficult. Or at least they should just do something about it being a bitch when it comes to doing a loop without the indigo wisp.

Also the blog post is back up. Note it says that the patch is going live "soon" not that it's up. So we must wait probably til tomorrow. Nope it's up now

Damn it Super Sonic still has double mouth. Actually Super Sonic hasn't changed a bit. Broken animations and all. Also you can't get a 1-up with 100 rings as Super... idk why they haven't figured that out since Sonic 2/3. But the asteroid wisp controls 1000x better with the analog stick. Thank jesus. Unfortunately the only 3 things keeping this away from pro controller support are the rhythm wisp (of course), Super Sonic activation, item suit case, and hints, but I'm sure all of those could be addressed in someway with the exception of the rhythm wisp... idk how that's going to work without a touch screen (Thankfully it's never mandatory)

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Guys, the secret is the Sonic 4-2 good ending. Sonic 4-3 confirmed.

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I'm floored they fixed a sonic game post release! man keep doing that SEGA, it solves allot of issues.

Hopefully we can get a 4.0 patch too! still allot of stuff to iron out.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh, one other thing they didn't mention. They did actually somewhat fix Super Sonic. Activating, deactivating, and reactivating Super Sonic no longer removes his default ring attraction abilities

THE WISPS CONTROL SO MUCH EASIER. WHY WASN'T IT ALWAYS LIKE THIS?

7. Extra lives?

Fuck yeah. 'Bout freaking time.

8. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I really don't understand the lives complaint. It's very easy... VERY EASY... to get a ton of lives in the game.

-Go to Tropical Coast 1
    -Hit checkpoint at clouds section
    -Collect all 1ups there (not hard at all)
    -Kill self
    -Holy poop, the item boxes respawn!
    -Repeat until satisfied
    -Beat level

Takes no more than five minutes to go from five lives to about 55-60.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Farming is just such an annoyance though. Like that's what I did too, but 100 rings = a 1 up just lets you get lives on the go. Farming is against everything that a Sonic game should stand for, which is why the animals are just dreadful.

10. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

A cheap exploit isn't a justification for an issue. I want to enjoy playing the game, not sit around farming lives for even a short time. Most of the deaths you'll find feel a bit on the cheap side anyway, so this patch only calms the symptoms without actually fixing the root issue.

11. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Not sure if faster but much easier to do in the honeycomb level in Desert Ruins Zone 2.

With the last checkpoint (before the boss), there's a section with 3 lives. Grab them and immediately kill yourself. Very quick and no need to time with the platforming stuffs.

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Hopefully update 4.0.0 adds a cutscene viewer.

13. Shame they can't/won't update the 3DS version to remove the awful gyro controls for Special Stages and Quake wisps.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Some more concept art. This time for stages

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/12/11/sonic-lost-world-concept-art-environments/?0=1

Two that strike out to me the most are these two

[​IMG]

I actually really prefer that HUD there since it's, well, more Sonicy (I didn't care for the seconds only timer in normal mode).

[​IMG]

You bastards :argh: (In case you don't know what I mean, look at Sonic)

15. I wonder if they actually toyed with the idea of having Classic Sonic in Lost World because of the reception of him in Generations, or whether that was just something they threw in there like the composites you can see in the SG artwork.

16. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Funny Sega, I was going to ask the same about both your talent and the game. :v:

17. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    The users at ScrewAttack have voted this game as one of the contenders of Worst Wii U Game of 2013. The other options in the finals are Pokemon Rumble U and 30 Family Games.

18. MetalKnick

MetalKnick

Vale, East Angara
    Golden Sun Soundfont V.2
    I know for sure there are much better(worse) contenders for that title. It's an opinion article anyway, who cares.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It's not my favorite game but it's certainly not the worst. That's a bit harsh.

20. Machenstein

Machenstein

Is there really such a huge drought of Wii U games that your nominees are a Sonic game and a Pokemon game? No bad licensed games or anything? Well okay.