don't click here

Sonic ATS - Released!

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by LakeFeperd, Jan 5, 2012.

1. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Sonic Stadium Staffer, Gamnesia Writer Member
    Ottawa
    I like how Rude Awakening leads straight towards Breakfast Time in both sound and name. Works perfectly for Phase I!

And, reading the description for the new track...

"More uploading! This is the first phase of the Horizon Heights boss. I'm experimenting with different styles to create a new palette of sound."

"I'm experimenting with different styles to create a new palette of sound."

"...to create a new palette of sound."

"palette of sound"

"BREAKFAST TIME"

PALETTE

BREAKFAST

FOOD

[​IMG]

...I JUST CAN'T.

2. KgZ

KgZ

Herp derp Member
    Sonic After the Sequel
    Wow.

I didn't even notice the connections.

My brain.

3. Boom wow, that slipped right by me

4. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spq3nrq_lPI

I think you can get a good idea of my playing style from these videos, particularly in the hub.

ALSO FREE TUTORIAL ON HOW TO DODGE THAT ONE METAL SONIC ATTACK, THANK ME LATER

5. Blivsey

Blivsey

In case you didn't hear, Falk's "real-life thing" has been revealed as Final Fantasy XIII. Give him a hand, ladies and gentlemen. That said, apparently we're truly in the final phase, and Sonic After the Sequel's release is imminent!

To celebrate, uh, hey look a two-tailed fox:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEVGwFOFZMg

6. Falk

Falk

Just to prevent certain bits of misinformation from spreading:

While I've had quite a few secret projects since the beginning of this year, over the past two months I was contracted to record and mix for Video Game Orchestra's mega-NDA'd project, which is now revealed to be the orchestration and production of a fair bit of the music from Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. This is a purely technical engineering gig, and I had negligible creative input. Masashi Hamauzu was in Boston for a good bit of the proceedings and left happy, albeit the mixing process is still in full-swing. Unfortunately the nature of this project prevented me from even hinting about it for a good while, hence the radio silence.

That being said, ATS is virtually done. It's not a month away, or even a week away. The finishing touches on the very last track are being made right now, and we'll run through the game internally just to be absolutely sure and then it'll be out. The OST itself will take a few more days as we want to properly arrange and tag everything this time around, not to mention all our nifty ideas for interactive youtube playlisting/etc.

7. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    So we're in full SOON mode now? Awesome. Grats to you Falk and your future looking up. You guys have done an amazing job.

8. Falk

Falk

:itshappening:

9. I think you mean
    [​IMG]

10. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    Falk's talked to me about it through Facebook, but I'll say it again here: Big congratulations! :D

Now that you guys are done with ATS, I presume you're going to jump over to Chrono Adventure next? Or? (*cough*FreedomPlanetRemixAlbum*cough*)

11. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    Lake's going solo on Chrono. A + - Freedom Planet Remix Album   you say? I'd love to take part in that.

12. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Sonic Stadium Staffer, Gamnesia Writer Member
    Ottawa
    ...reeeeemiiiiiiiiix album~? Strife, I do believe you caught my attention...~

13. Blivsey

Blivsey

Well, I guess it's time to play BtS for the umpteenth time. Maybe I'll use this to practice streaming. I'd love to stream my first playthrough of AtS and give my first impressions.

Also Strife, holy.

14. So it be a matter of days or less for Sonic After the Sequel reveals its self... and My goodness I would love to hear a Freedom Planet Remix Album, I already love some of the soundtrack I heard from the demo already.

15. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Freedom Planet remix album huh? Hmmm... *glances at own signature*

And to stay on topic, gotta say this is slated to come out at an awful time in my life, haha. Right in the middle of my moving? Guess I'll have it to look forward to when I'm all settled in.

16. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    Really, guys? You want it to be a thing? ^_^; I would be quite flattered, actually.
    We already have a huge collection of tracks for the game (about 30 or so and we're only halfway done), so suffice to say there would be a huge pool of stuff to draw from. xD Not to mention I've been looking for someone to help me write some lyrics, since our voice actress for Lilac can sing really really well and she has connections with a video game music choir. Gaah, I need to stop gushing.

But anyway, I was talking to Falk yesterday and he says that ATS is done. Hell is about to freeze over, ladies and gentlemen.

17. Falk

Falk

ONE SHOW STOPPING BUG D:

Hang on, we should have it fixed by the end of today.

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It's always down to one pesky bug.

Anyway, as if it wasn't before...

[​IMG]

If it's not much trouble, we'd like to ask you a few questions for the front page post when this launches. I already see Stadium creeping around here :v:

19. Falk

Falk

I KNEW IT THE FEDS ARE AFTER ME

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    [​IMG]