don't click here

The Sonic Merchandise Topic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Retro_Stew, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Why even have a sex change? just wear them and be free!!

Meanwhile I've found the perfect thing to wear on my head when I go robbing, they won't be able to make out my face from the stretched out Green Hill zone!

2. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    There is a different version of this where the course is 3D that you build yourself. I got it for Christmas one year, was awesome.

3. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    I've still got that 3D board game. It's really cool, I'll have to dig it out and take some photos at the weekend - I've not actually set it all up for years, so that'll be fun =P

4. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
  5. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
  6. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Ooh, cool. I'd love to see it. =)

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Not really, but SEGA holds about 23% of Saniro so I can't imagine it was too hard to get the partnership going. If you want one, check out YJA cause they sell a hell of a lot cheaper there than on eBay. I'm talking about £30 so well worth it.

8. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Here's the 3D board game. I took quite a few photos, as this game is really hard to find nowadays and photos of it online are scarce as well.

To start with, here's the box (top and bottom):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the board:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the playing pieces:

[​IMG]

From what I can remember, you had to move your Sonic around the board in the direction indicated by the arrows, and had to fire him up onto the lower platform when you got to the springboard. From there you'd have to dodge Robotnik and fall through the hole, then fire Sonic onto the upper platform where Tails and Sally are - you won if you got that far. You'd pick up a ring if you landed on a ring space, and so many rings you buy an extra life IIRC. Extra lives were indicated by the Sonic tokens, the rings are the ones hanging on the platform, yu'd just take one off there if you earned a ring at any point. You'd lose all your rings (or a life) if you landed on a badnik. I seem to remember that the spinning Robotnik was used instead of a dice.

Of course, I could be wrong though - it's gotta be about 15 years since I played this and I no longer have the instructions :S

Also, I wanted to show something else to you guys. My mum found it in her house the other day. It's a birthday card I received when I was a kid:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Oh look, a beta screenshot =P)

I've never seen any pictures of this anywhere online, so I thought you might like to see it :) I seem to remember that I received another Sonic card at some point when I was a kid, with him riding a snowboard, but I can't find it. I've got my mum on the case as well because she might still have it somewhere, and I really want to see it again because I can't think what artwork it used...

9. LOL, that's an amazing birthday card!

Also, awesome looking board game! Lol Pink Sally

10. Doppelgengar

Doppelgengar

my girlfriend got me these from kmart yesterday:

[​IMG]

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    93? I do want those though

12. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Buyatari, I'd love to see the sketches and any other pictures that you have :)

Recently I've really been trying to expand my Sonic collection; I managed to grab a bargain off Yahoo Auctions Japan recently, which arrived today:
    [​IMG]
    The Sonic Adventure promotional pins! I've been after a set of these for years :D They're still sealed as well. Only cost me around £30, which is an absolute steal compared to the prices I've seen these things go for on eBay in the past. Yahoo Auctions Japan can be great for stuff like this.

13. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    That's different to the one I had. The board was more detailed and you got Knuckles and Tails as players too.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Oooh, that's awesome. Looks like the box is still in the original plastic wrap, right? I scored a set from T-Bird at Sonic Stadium a few months ago for £40. Pristine condition. Don't think I'll ever get into pin collection, but if I ever wanted just one set it'd definitely be these.

And I'm not sure if anyone here really cares about this- Jazwares ASRT plane figures:
    [​IMG]

15. Yeah, that looks amazing. I got an email this morning and preordered the shit out of that. So much for keeping my statue orders to Sonic only.

16. cornholio857

cornholio857

The Great Cornholio Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    I bought that about a year ago. It's kind of a fun dumb little book. How many of these are there?

18. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    There's quite a few. I have 5 of the 6 story ones that match, all but Sonic X-Treme.

19. cornholio857

cornholio857

The Great Cornholio Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP

Not sure really. The only other picture I saw of it was a low resolution version on another site. I have quite a few of the Sonic books.

20. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I posted my copy a couple of years ago with all of the illustrations inside, maybe that's what you're thinking of? It's buried somewhere in this thread, I think. Though they're all high definition scans.

EDIT: They were in the "Rare Sonic Art" thread. Here they are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I never did end up transcribing it :( dealt with a break-up right after that and wasn't in the mood. I don't know where my copy ended up. Someone really should archive this stuff in the wiki, though, it's fascinating stuff.