don't click here

SEGA is doing a live stream with a Sonic Team segment

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
  2. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    Having emphasis on open world level design to begin with (for me, this would go into Jak and Daxter territory, because hell, what's not good about that game's level design and its being not GTA but being just about as free to explore). Using the Genesis era as the basis of the new titles as well (Sonic 4 doesn't exist, it's not having another episode announced*) and ignoring the bullshit that's happened since 1998. More emphasis on actual speedy platforming instead of specific sections for speedy runways and SLOOOW platforming construction. Also, more Physics, less Scripting. Also, more Retrofitted design. ALSO, much less focus on point A to point B gameplay.

It's not hard to think of how this series could possibly be rebooted for people with an imagination.

*Unfortunately, this will most likely be the case.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    You're just asking for a sandbox Sonic 1 - 3, which while cool, I wouldn't call that a reboot as much as a 3D classic title.

4. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Sounds boring...

5. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Surely I can't be the only one that thinks sandbox Sonic games would be shit? It seems people mistake sandbox for exploration. There definitely should be multiple routes and lots of exploration in a Sonic level, but sandbox? It would probably end up as one big boring heightmap or as a confusing labyrinth.

6. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Don't. Mention. That. Name. Not around me, at least. I SWEAR I came up with the name SonicManEXE on my own. It doesn't help that my YouTube (the first place where I started using that handle) was created in 2007, almost a full year after 06's release. I didn't find out about SonicMan (or how bad the game was in general) for a few more years. It was just me and my Nintendo consoles.

7. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    Well, I certainly don't have an artistic eye for anything like vision or design, that's quite the truth there. Just slap together some things I like and make something out of it I suppose.

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    According to the Crush 40 Twitter, nothing serious is going to happen during the live stream (at least when it comes to Sonic Team): https://twitter.com/crush40/status/296600630242447360

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Sounds like attempting-to-sound-innocent sarcasm to me. =P

10. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Argh, didn't consider that. And now you've said it it sounds like the case.

11. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Any news on what went down yet? I'm sure it was around 4 and a half hours ago that Sonic Team went on, unless I calculated incorrectly. o_O

12. SonKnuck

SonKnuck

The Lazy Guy Oldbie
    Quebec
    DBZ Re-enactment and LPs on Youtube
    You're way off. It hasn't even started yet. 2AM in Japan = 12 in Eastern Time. Which is in exactly 1 hour and 20 minutes from the time I made this post.

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The Sonic segment, which will most likely contain nothing new, is starting now.

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    For those who don't want to bother with Nico Nico: http://www.twitch.tv/zexas/

15. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    well that was intensely boring

16. So, I take it there was nothing at all.

17. It just wrapped up, nothing new.

18. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

A Zone Unknown of Title
    They don't even want to tease Episode 3? Not even a little? :v:

19. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Episode 3 isn't even planned - it was just going to be two episodes. You're clearly hoping over fresh air here.

20. nesboy43

nesboy43

Well, I shouldn't say I'm disappointed because I knew that it was only a rumor. However, it did seem like there would be a possibility of an announcement during the live-stream due to it being hedgehog day and all. I didn't watch the stream, can anyone who saw it tell me what Sonic Team's role was in the stream?