don't click here

Sonic Fighters

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by grap3fruitman, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Got all achievements :)
    Also, I had an amusing bug. After losing a few times against Metal Sonic, the view switched from 2D to 3/4 view from behind my character.

2. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

I thought it was a bug too, I think hitting Start changes the angle. I know I was trying to pause the game, did that and had no idea what happened.

Also damn Espio is a hard-ass when you suck at this game.

3. Titan

Titan

UK
    So it doesn't look like you can play as Metal or Eggman in Arcade mode, nor can they have mirror matches in VS (Honey is playable in Arcade but you can't seem to do mirror matches with her either)

4. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

>Buys game
    >Unlocks every achievement 15 minutes later

This is truly an amazing port. :specialed:

The Camera glitch you described isn't actually a glitch at all. Apparently if you hit start it changes the camera view to behind your character for... whatever reason. Just hit start again to change the view again.

Why they couldn't just map "Pause" to "Start" instead of back is beyond me.

EDIT: Er, Yeah. Hitting start just changes the angle.

5. Sploit

Sploit

Bought it, 100%'ed it within 15mins or so...

...still a fantastic game, the addition of Honey as a playable character is nice too :v:

Bargain at 400points.

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    They had to do something wrong so we could complain, it's a nod to Sonic fans! :specialed:

7. I'm going to buy it and stream it sometime soon. Is it native 1080p internal resolution, or upscaled?

8. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    As far as I can tell its pumping out in some form of HD, I can see all the jaggies and polygons, and the sprite based evergy bars are super sharp, you can tell the game to play in 3 display modes also

Square that doesn't fill the screen
    Square that does
    Widescreen (I assume streched, but still looks good I say, well as good as this game can look XD)

9. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Just downloaded it. I'm glad I saw it was out now, because I'm hosting a game night in like an hour.

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Wow, this is a pretty damn good port. Tried to play one match online, don't think there was much input lag but the framerate went down a lot for a second a couple of times. You can also see how many battles you've played online, how many times you've won and lost and you can earn points in ranked matches. For arcade mode there's lots of options: how many rounds, difficulty, what kind of mode etc.

Graphics look very crisp, seems to use MSAA. For the screen you can choose between bordered, normal or stretched to widescreen. I haven't played too much of it, but so far this is a great port of the game. Haven't tried out Fighting Vipers or Virtua Fighter 2 yet but I have bought and downloaded them. I expect those to be of the same quality though.

11. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    I used to be good at fighting vipers,,, been so long I cant even remember the play mechanics.
    wow...I feel old and feeble now

12. Game seems to run at a native 1080p, and the achievements are insanely easy. Less than 20 minutes to get them all. Wish I knew how to play as Robotnik and Metal Sonic. And Super Sonic.

13. All you need to do is win all your matches up to Metal Sonic round 2, where you need to transform into Super Sonic by using the Hyper Mode transformation command.

EDIT: Reworded my post to make a little more sense.

14. Here's a secret for XBLA players: At the menu screen, hit Left Trigger or Right Trigger to change the audio track.

edit: apparently Robotnik and Metal Sonic are only available in online unranked versus and offline versus, if enabled.

Booo.

15. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I've just bought this tonight, but have yet to play it. However my girl has and she got all the achievements within 18 minutes after buying it. :v: It was the first time she had ever played it too. xP They really should have made the achievements difficult to receive but oh well. After work tomorrow I'll be playing through as Sonic. :3 (She lost against Metal Sonic, but didn't lose against anyone else. Though she played on easy. xD)

16. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    This also works for the PS3 version and L2 and R2.

There's some odd shading issues occasionally, but it's a fantastic emulation/port hybrid. Honey was never finalized, so the minor tweaks made to her character are fine by me. Replacing her title card is an interesting move. Her model on the title is very closely scaled and posed as everyone else's title cards. I assume that they couldn't get the colors right, due to all title cards being essentially prerendered asset art, so they whited her out to make her seem "mysterious" and "secret".

17. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    https://twitter.com/gamerguy2002/status/273851239769448448

Doubt this will work but I made a tweet basically asking them to consider bringing the AM2 classics to Steam in the near future. if you guys want, respond to my tweet and maybe it'll make them notice that we want PC versions too.

18. Also VF5FS for PC plz.

19. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    It would be nice to have a version on steam. Even if it doesn't happen, I'm still looking forward to finally having a proper model of honey to work with should she get ripped. (Been wanting that model ever since I found out about her on Sonic-CulT)

20. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    I'm surprised no ones started hacking this game yet.
    its got some prime level assets.