don't click here

Sonic Fighters

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by grap3fruitman, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    If you press Start on Sonic in VS mode you get Metal Sonic, and I think Fang is hiding Eggman.

2. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Bean.

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Atm theres only a 360 and PS3 version, so unless someone wants to go through the trouble were SOL. damn wish they consider a Steam version.

4. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    I'm waiting for an upload of the 360 version. As soon as I have that, I can go to town on it.

5. Why would you bother ripping from the HD version? It's just an emulation of the games that already exist through pc emulation. Or hell, gamecube emulation if you want.

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Its the fact that this game isn't a same old port and some effort was put into it that makes it worth digging around in.

In other words This version ? Gamecube & Original Arcade version.

7. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    To give you a better idea of how different this is compaired to the old emulations, think Sonic CD 2011.

8. Yeah, this port actually has effort unlike all of the other ports that SEGA has been throwing at us lately. The models seem touched up. For example, Amy's muzzle is the proper colour now. The online code is surprisingly stable, too.

9. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Actually, all of SEGA's ports lately have at least been decent. The only port that really received compaints was the NiGHTS port because of the controls, and they fixed that with a patch recently.

10. Eric Wright

Eric Wright

Born into this. Oldbie
    Fuck that, the Link timer and Trick timer count down WAY too fast, and the link trail behind NiGHTS (to execute loops) is too short. They definitely improved the handling, but the game is still a joke compared to the original Saturn version

11. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Also, Jet Set Radio on PC is still refusing to work on lots of computers.

12. BluGenesi

BluGenesi

Canada, eh
    Making films
    Nice to know the port of what my memory is telling me is sonics best spinoff is actually good. By the way, does anyone know if these prices are the actual prices or just a sale, because I don't know if im gonna be able to get this until christmas.

13. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    I wish they'd cut out the ring sound when you hit somebody or at least give you the option to switch it off. The sound drove me crazy the first time around and still does now.

14. I just meant ripping assets from the console version seemed dumb considering that those are the same. Sure the game has a little extra, but the pieces are all the same.

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    If anything Honey is worth it because she was actually completed. You would be right on anything else but it would still be cool to poke around and see if anything from the previous versions are still there (beta assets and whatnot).

16. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Even if they are the same, they arn't readily available out side the game.

I mean I can only find 1 mouth and eye texture for Fang and I know he has more.

17. The game is up on the UK PSN so I'd imagine it's out for everyone in Europe.

And wow only £3.69? That's pretty cheap.

18. Is there a guide on how to play this properly?

19. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    Not many people play the game so there's no much documentation. But what little its known is that the game relies on ushing your shield effectively and quick combos. Also learning how to learning how to dodge and land from a fall are a godsend and will make your game much better.

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    ...so it's a fighting game.

He means more like how to actually properly perform moves and combos, because this game is otherwise button mashing at its finest.