don't click here

Sonic Fighters

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by grap3fruitman, Oct 9, 2012.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    [​IMG]
    source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43734090&postcount=453

2. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Snazzy looking covers.

3. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    What stage is that on the VF2 cover? I don't recognize it...

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So were these seen on the American or Japanese version of XBL?

5. cornholio857

cornholio857

The Great Cornholio Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    Akira's stage.
    [​IMG]

Sonic the Fighters and VF2 are day one purchases for me.

Side Note: It would be hilarious if Sega threw in the Hornet in Sonic the Fighters. "Dayyyyytonaaaaaa!!!"

6. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    The ground texture and background of Akira's Stage is different, and the sky is not the same. It can't be his stage...

7. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    Source

This is consistent with my findings MANY years ago:
    [​IMG]

Whoops, forgot to say how this was StF related. Guessing this is how Honey, Metal, and Eggman will be selectable.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ah yes, good ol Sonic Cult hotlinking image... which after all these years I think I might finally understand (hot link, lol link).

But now that we know Honey is going to be playable, I wonder what that means for Rocket Metal? I mean they went out of there way to get Honey working, and by all means we never should have seen her in the game. Rocket Metal is in the intro and at the very least has some data suggesting that he was going to be a character at some point.

9. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    I cleared my cache, and whoops, I forgot about that....

But let me clarify some things:

1. I believe Honey has always been working, and it's simply an emulator glitch. Until someone lets me put a custom EPROM chip in a StF machine, we will never know.
    2. There is actually data to the contrary, that Rocket Metal was never intended to be playable.

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Rocket Metal wasn't intended as a playable ever. He only used up a character slot just for that one scene. Even his whole moveset is a hodgepodge.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    1. But there were some ways that she wasn't working, right? I thought that Sonic CulT article mentioned stuff about how her eyes didn't work right, her squished animation was wrong, and some other glitches here and there with her being unfinished. Also her grayscale color is an alternate color combo. At the same time, do Eggman or Metal Sonic have grayscale versions that work? Some fixing must have had to have gone into this port.

2. If Rocket Metal was never meant to be playable, why does he have name graphics (Like the fighter life name and the title card name thing)?

I wonder if they'll create new character select icons for Metal, Robotnik, and Honey. Granted they'll probably be selectable in the way you suggested, but that icon glitch looks ugly and unintended (Of course if the game was in widescreen they probably could have fit at least two of the icons, making Honey's icon the one that was off screen instead of 3).

12. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    I have to wonder why they even bothered making the Rocket Metal model in the first place if he was never meant to be playable or a CPU opponent. I guess he's just there so the attract mode could have a cool transforming robot sequence, since you never see Metal in that form again, even in the ending with him and Eggman in space where it would've made sense.

13. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Isn't Rocket Metal there to stop the game from crashing?

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    http://exophase.com/game/sonic-the-fighters-xbox/achievements/

Looks like you select Honey by holding start while selecting Amy.

15. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
    What a pathetically easy achievement list.

Chances are Trophies will be the same as that so they'll be easy too.

16. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Pathetically easy? This donsn't bother me at all, what would you like to see? beat story mode without taking any damage? I'd rather have cheap easy achivements, than have one or two asshole ones looming over me that I can't do lol

All I can see is that Honey has her own achivement haha

17. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
    Nah, I hate shit achievements like that too.
    I just find it funny how Sega flip-flops with achievements, where they can be really easy (Sega Vintage Collection games), tedious but not terrible (Sonic Adventure/2 regarding Chao.) or unfairly tough (Jet Set Radio's 'Detatched' from what I've heard, the trophies were just time consuming otherwise.)

18. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    1. I wrote that Sonic CulT article years ago and it's very dated info, and like I said, I believe it's a glitch of the emulator, not of the game itself, and until we can burn a new EPROM and put it in some arcade cabinet, we will never know. It's true, however, that her squished animation is Amy's, and she has no squished body model, but doesn't contribute to the glitch factor in any way. Eggman has no grayscale versions, Metal Sonic does have a greyscale version, but his mirror selection was never mapped to them.

2. I explained this earlier. He has DUM as his ingame character name, as do all the unused filler characters, he also has the same moveset as all the dummy characters. I believe character names and graphics are required to constitute the game recognizing a "character", which is why all the characters have their own names and title cards, even the dummy Sonics have an Eggman title card. Rocket Metal is loaded as a character, just hanging in the intro before his character data is removed and replaced with a series of objects that makes him look like he transforms into a rocket.

19. Do achievements/trophies usually tell you how to get them? I mean, they describe what you did to earn them, but they're not supposed to literally walk you through it are they?

20. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    For 360, somewhere down the line, Microsoft changed it so that you see the descriptions of achievements as though you already have them. If you were to download the game then you could see what its actually supposed to say when not unlocked.