don't click here

Sonic Classic Heroes

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by flamewing, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Truner

Truner

[​IMG]

Now check out that sweet picture on the wall. Your metaphor is ridiculous, please start feeling bad about it.
    Not only that, but Sonic 3 Sonic always looks so serious (even if he looks like he's smiling all the time, like some idiot). Showing off his powers looks perfectly fine. But that take as the opinion of someone who is not important and carry on.

2. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    As said before, it's much more within Sonic's charactaer to show off by doing something fancy rather than screaming violently into the air with or without the aura.

Personally I'd love to see him backflip into a lying down pose. I just wish that I could sprite it myself.

V @RedHotSonic: I haven't been reading this topic thoroughly lately so you may be right.

3. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    Are we still discussing this Super Sonic sprite? I thought flamewing already said he's not going to do it, or did I imagine that?

4. flamewing

flamewing

Emerald Hunter Tech Member
    France
    Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
    You imagined that. In any case, I won't be using that particular pose; I will have Super Sonic showing off, but I am not sure how it will be yet; maybe levitating in place, I don't know.

5. Truner

Truner

How about flying away? Or would that be too much to hack in? Like you end the stage and Super Sonic bursts away. Kinda like in Generations, but without him returning.

6. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    I second this. Also, the screen could flash white as he (or all of them) bursts away.

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Flying away? I thought he only does that in outer space... or while falling from it.

8. flamewing

flamewing

France
    Anyway, I thought I would release this bugfix release.

Changelog:
    Enhancements over previous revision:
    • Lag reduction in GHZ by reducing object count.
    • Moved HUD half a tile to the right to account for TV overscan in real hardware.
    Enhancements over original games:
    • LZ spikeballs on chains and spikeball chains are no longer as laggy.
    Bugs fixed from previous revision:
    • Night mode should be enabled without having to hold C until you reset the console.
    • Depending on order, enabling cheats would cause garbled text in options screen.
    • After getting all emeralds, level select would show the 8th emerald as the next special stage target.
    • Speeds were not correctly reset when changing characters.
    • Added missing S2&K extra life in CPZ2.
    • Some platforms in SLZ had weird behavior in some cases.
    • Save games now get really deleted (was missing a write to SRAM).
    • A few minor physics fixes in normal game.
    • S1 special stages physics improvements (prevents getting stuck and allows hands-free path to emerald in first stage).
    • Inhaling bubbles will set the correct animation and correctly disable gliding/climbing/flying.
    • Fixed instant death by jumping over a certain set of spikes in GHZ3
    • Lives, continues and emeralds collected are now saved at the end of special stages, instead of after the end of the (next) act.
    • Incorrect flipping on S2 special stage animations.
    • Ensure a valid next level after selecting special stages on level select.
    • Orbinaut's orbs will bounce away when touched by shield even if they were still circling the Orbinaut.
    • Fix to SYZ3 start had unacceptable side-effects, and has been reverted. New attempt using different method should have no side-effects.
    • Shadow positioning error in S2 Special Stages of the last character when he was at the left edge and falling.
    • Extra delays in joypad reading functions so it works better in real hardware.
    • Super Sonic's underwater palette did not revert correctly.
    • Fixed abrupt (and incorrect) water level change in end of LZ3.
    • Fixed jumping through wall bug if you gathered enough speed in first slide at LZ3 start.
    Bugs fixed from the original games:
    • SpirituInsanum's fix for top-right reloading glitch.

9. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Can't help but wonder how many bugs there really are. It's like when one gets fixed, another spawns elsewhere. But I like how often new builds are released and that everything is kept on point.

10. flamewing

flamewing

France
    That is due Murphy's laws of programming:
    • (Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology) There is always one more bug.
    • When things are going well, something will go wrong.
    • When things just can't get any worse, they will.
    • Anytime things appear to be going well, you have overlooked something.
    • You always find any bug in the last place you look.
    • Any non-trivial program contains at least one bug.
    • Undetectable errors are infinite in variety, in contrast to detectable errors, which by definition are limited.

11. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    You also forgot another point. The easiest bug to fix is always the hardest. Or is that just me? =P

12. For the Super Sonic sprite thing, why not have him floating off the ground with his eyes closed with him waving his finger in a badass fashion?

13. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Or have SS do his end of game pose?

14. Nah, I don't think that'd make him look badass enough.

15. flamewing

flamewing

France
    So you are all suggesting something like this (but with a better base sprite):
    [​IMG]

16. I think everyones talking about something like this: (Mute the video)

http://youtu.be/U3o42gH9DYk?t=3m35s

17. Truner

Truner

More like this:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/5474/149677-6289-sonic_super.jpg

In all seriousness, make him look like he's lying on an invisible couch. Similar to the one seen in that Sonic R video, but more vertical. That's kinda laidback and Sonic-y.

Or maybe something like the F4F Super Sonic statue? Sonic floating with sparks below him?

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    How about one of the Generations super sonic poses?

19. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    How about a modded version of the standard Sonic pose, with Sonic just levitating? I believe this was brought up and would be the best idea. You can find some good sprites for this already pre-made as well, on some fan sheets.

20. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    If you guys can't reach a consensus on a levitating end-of-act pose, might I suggest a super-esque standard pose?

[​IMG]