don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    playing splash hill zone during the boss fights are especially epic, I find.

2. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Yeah, the first one I did was Perfect Chaos and it was pretty freaking magical.

3. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one enjoying Sonic Generations 3DS. It's got nothing on Super Mario 3D Land sure, but I'm having a lot of fun playing through it.

4. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    I'm about to fire that one up, actually. I was torn in two trying to pick between the two games earlier, so I just got both.

And Tetris.

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Appearently the morons who have this game at SSMB can't awnser me this simple question.

In generation-3ds, is there a sound test or a sonic's room where you can listen to all the game's music?

6. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Apparently. It looks like there's one but I haven't done any of the missions that unlock stuff yet.

7. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I wish Generations included one of the original 3D Blast songs from the Saturn/original PC version. Panic Puppet Zone Act 2 would have been an awesome addition.

8. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Yeah, but it seems like you can only listen to the alternate stage music like the room in the HD version.

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The "morons at SSMB" actually answered this question a while ago. Like SWTJ said, it's only for the alternate tracks. Dunno why though. It's really odd that Sonic Team decided not to include a proper sound test for both Generations and Colours. Not to mention annoying...

10. Prownage

Prownage

I have a question about the extra missions on the 3DS version. Some people who have played the game have mentioned that some of the missions can be unlocked in the story mode or the time attack, but majority of them still require play coins to unlock. I know that the missions cost 5 play coins each and there are 100 of them in total (if you also count in those missions that are unlocked by playing the game). However, the 3DS only allows you to have 300 play coins at the same time. Is 300 play coins enough to unlock all of the missions which are not unlocked by playing the game (300 play coins would be enough for 60 missions) or does it require even more play coins than that?

11. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    original For True Story in Vs. Shadow + original Planet Wisp for either act

Wave Ocean is really nice with Seaside Hill Modern, and I've heard the same for Planet Wisp Modern, but I haven't tried that. Ungratify is kinda cool with Sky Sanctuary Modern, as is Kingdom Valley. It Doesn't Matter is kinda neat for Perfect Chaos, Endless Possibilities for Egg Dragoon*, and with a USB stick, Nights and Reala (Journey of Dreams version, haven't tried original) is awesome with the Metal Sonic fight. You know...don't judge me for this, but Growing Wings and/or Cruising Together from Journey of Dreams is really cool with Rooftop Run Modern. It's wonderful when Sonic is going up the clock tower and doing all of those tricks through the loops.

On the note of "out there" things, I'm not the only one that tried Starry Night Zone with Speed Highway Classic right? :v:

* (with a completed Unleashed save and some disc swapping, now you can have your very own Sonic-only Unleashed! Just pretend Generations' Egg Dragoon is the true final boss! :v:)

12. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Got tired of reading through the DIMPS bitching last night so I went to bed. I woke up this morning and checked, seems that they did after all. Sorry about that...

Did Rush-Colors-DS have a sound test?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFYRvQPaF7U

I love the quality (both audio and video) he put out for this video but I hate lets plays. Is anyone here going to do a playthrough of the 3DS version without the commentary?

13. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Rush has a sound test so I would assume Rush Adventure does too.

I believe from the Colors DS playthrough I watched that it does not however. I only saw Versus stuff and scenes being unlocked.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Colours DS does have one. It's Colours Wii and bother versions of Generations that don't.

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Huh. Know where I can get a rip then? I love the Colors DS music.

16. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Get the Sonic Colors 2sf rip on the internet :P

17. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txLHFehzCiM[/youtube]

The trailer does a good job of making the game look really fun.

18. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Here's an idea. Does pausing on the 3ds version mute the music?

19. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Just tried. It sure does.

Also, something odd I've noticed in the 3DS version. Pressing L with either Sonic produces a "nuh-uh"-ish sound effect. I have absolutely no idea why. It doesn't happen when I press R, or other lesser used buttons. Maybe there was a move or something they cut?

EDIT 2: Makes the sound in Special Stages as well.

20. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ0Heka2RiA

Some parts are pretty cool, but overall... Meh.
    EDIT: Also, like For True Story's remix, this song works when it's used in the stage. Alone... not so much. The song makes Radical highway sound more creepy than intense. Dunno if I like that much :/