don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I think somebody said if your friend list had less than 100 friends on it, it wouldn't crash. I don't have the Steam version though, so maybe take that with a grain of salt.

2. Valvatorez

Valvatorez

Hades
    When does the big OST come out again?

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Holy shit, you guys.

Holy shit.

So, I've been playing the 3DS version I picked up today, and guess what? The version of Big Arms is different! (Yes I know SFX filled and not from the Sound Test but I have no idea which mission unlocks it, I'm not spending PlayCoins I don;t have at random, and I have only got as far as Big Arms in game, as I'm spacing this one out).

What does this mean? The version I ripped at GameFEST is likely the only complete version of that revision we will ever get. That was a lucky bloody dodge, wasn't it? =P

4. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Now I want the music for the bosses even more, since at least in that case they seem to have added another layer of polish to it.

5. So there AREN'T any sound options to lower the SFX volume?

Also, oh jeez, entirely new riff at 2:10. And it looks like they have actual electric guitar in the song, too!

6. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Holy shit they extended the Big Arm theme even FURTHER. o_o And all for the better, too! : D

7. January 11th.

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Damn, they neutered the track. I loved the gameFEST one this just sounds like a last minute change.

And this is what the 3rd time we have on record that they have changed the big arms track. what the hell went wrong with that track to have them change it soo many times?!

In short, I dislike the big arms track now. no reason for a gamerip now to me...

9. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    So Generations 3DS is worth look into due to Classic Sonic handling quite well? Didn't expect that. Hopefully it transitions to Sonic 4 Ep. 2, then.

10. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    While I don't think it's awful, I do think the gameFEST one was better.

Either way, I find it humorous that this track alone probably had the most effort put into it out of all of the 3DS-specific songs, as opposed to the seemingly minimal amount of effort elsewhere.

11. I like it. I'm not sure if the I like the old one better or not, though.

12. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    The new one is lower sounding that the last one.

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    That was my one complaint with the track originally in that it drowned out the action entirely.

No problems with the new track at all, but it seems to be pretty long considering how fast that boss can be massacred... unless that changed too.

14. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOEArlrnHxk
    No seriously Sonic Team stop it, your split pathways are scaring me

15. Korama

Korama

Tech Member
    Wow, nice discovery. Never would have guessed there was a tunnel there.

Yeah, so what. You can play the original Green Hill, Emerald Hill and more with only two buttons (right and jump).

16. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Best part is that there's literally no reason whatsoever for the tunnel. It's slower than blasting around the hill the tunnel goes through.

also I love how people are crediting me with finding these

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ok I may be crazy, but I think I spotted a Marble Zone reference in Modern City Escape. Right before the truck sequence you go through a passage way. Right above that open door there is a plaque. It appears to have two lions facing each other, just like the Marble Zone murals on the ruins.

18. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Actually, there is a purpose. It's for people who hit the Electric Spinner when electrified, and fall down. The path is slightly to the left after the fall from it. If you go through the tunnel, there is a set of speed boosters that guide you to a wall jump area, followed by those orange Dash Rings. Those send you in a cannon, which puts you on the lower cart path.

It's not useless, it's a path for people who fucked up.

19. Eric Wright

Eric Wright

Born into this. Oldbie
    Someone beat me to it :P I found it arbitrarily the first time myself and was confused until I started replaying the level and screwed up on the higher path... it was like "oh I get it now, I've been here"

I actually really like exploring the stages, but forcing myself through the Time Attack mode has kinda taken away a bit of the magic of just how big some areas can be... I never really cared to speed run any of the earlier games (aside from Sonic 3's time attack stages), but now that Generations has me doing it, it's hard to even TRY to go slow and enjoy everything :P

20. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Heh, you could have used the version of the vid with me not fucking up every second :specialed: