don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    Remembered that incorrectly, that's even freakin' worse. Dear God.

2. Oh, whoops. At least it's better than what I thought it was. :P

3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    There's not really a big difference between the two versions. If you really care about the small difference, go with 360.

4. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    I'm intrigued. How would I go adding custom music?

5. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    Yup. While I wouldn't agree with it, I could KINDA see their point if they were complaining about having to read in a mario game if all they wanted was hop n bop, but their actual 'complaint' was far, far stupider. Barring IGN's pulled 1.0 review of Football Manager (where they complained that you don't actually get to play soccer in a game that is a soccer MANAGEMENT sim), it's probably the worst professional review I've ever read.

It was 'this game rules, but joey meathead over there won't like it, thus it's a 6/10'

6. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    Think Super Smash Bros. Brawl's feature of customizing music for stages. Its exactly like that.

However, if you have Xbox 360, you can just play w/e song to the game.

7. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Just play your music using the home button on the 360. It'll replace the current song in-game with the song you picked.

8. GHNeko

GHNeko

sega stockholm syndrome Member
    So I'm getting Sonic Generations tomorrow morning.

pretty sure I'm gonna play the whole game that night.

Wonder if I should stream. V:

9. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

That's an OS level function (although it's game by game on the PS3, but since most Sonic games on the PS3 support it, I wouldn't be surprised if SG does as well), but there's also an in-game custom soundtrack. You can unlock additional song and replace them from a context-sensitive menu in game.

That said, there is no way to permanently replace a song, you'll have to do this every time you play the game.

10. Makes me glad I bought the PC version. I could probably find a way to get custom soundtracks goin'.

Although these next 4 days are gonna be a pain in the ass.

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So is that Gamesradar: Norwad Version and Gamestopinformer Magazine reviews going to be put on metacritic? or will metacritic acknowledge them? I know metacritic doesn't put all game site(s) reviews of games up sometimes.

12. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Pretty sure at least the GI review will be put up.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Great, 2 dents so far in an otherwise good score. but it is 1 point behind sonic colors' score on metacritic so I don't mind if it says around there.

EDIT: I should make this clear that a few dents is fine by me. no game is perfect after all.

14. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Destructoid's review was a bit surprising, until the parts about Silver and Crisis City. Calling Sonic fans demented for picking that...yeah, not cool, but I'm not upset. I'm sure Kingdom Valley was behind Crisis City, and we already got a couple of levels dealing with ruins/temples in lush areas. The comment about Silver...what was his beef with him again (Probably because he's from Sonic 06)? I skimmed it, but I know he actually made an article or whatever on "Boo, Silver is in Sonic Generations. This sucks." Kind of eye-rolling worthy, if you ask me. :rolleyes:

Is it quite weird though to see a couple of low scores that aren't from people I know/expected, but whatever. Positives outweighs the Negatives. ...Now, if I get the game, I'm probably going to be close to broke, but...it'll be worth it in the end, I'm sure. Can't wait for tomorrow.

15. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    WHO GIVES A FUCK

16. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

I think this line should be pointed out from the destructoid review:

Jim Sterling is a notorious sonic hater, yet he had that to say about the game. Don't nitpick the small naggles you disagree with, look at the whole picture. This game is being warmly received, GameInformer aside.

17. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Yeah, kind of forgot about that last part. While I do still disagree with him about Crisis City and Silver, it did make me grin a bit to see him talk about Sonic in a positive manner. I'm not that bothered by it, just curious on why he said that, but then again, look at IGN's video review...that was...wow. But still, don't give a damn. XD

18. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Well, Sega, for one.

19. Skaarg

Skaarg

I got it today from work, and I only got to play a couple levels (the demo levels) before going to class. It feels even more improved physics wise. There were a couple times where in the demos I swear I landed on an enemy (after bouncing off a previous one) and I'd get hit. That doesn't seem to be happening as much now. The way they animate classic Sonic during the cutscenes is just perfect!

20. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

The first loop on the higher path - in the old demo, you could clear it without spindashing. In the new demo, you could not. Has this changed from the new demo to the final version?