don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So... explain Shadow and Silver then? They already had Mighty as a playoff for Sonic so they... Made a black Sonic and a white Sonic? Nice.

2. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Mighty isn't a bad guy, and doesn't look like a good antagonist. They wanted an antagonist, so they made Shadow. And I dunno if I'd like Mighty in the role of "foolish time-travelling adventurer on a mission to kill some guy that some creepy dude told him to kill".

3. Because having Eggman as an antagonist wasn't enough, we needed a clone of Sonic with upturned quills to fill that spot? Mighty is not an antagonist at all but he could've been crafted to be Sonic's rival which is a little more creative than black and white evil and hero.

4. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    [​IMG]

5. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    ...except for the two he has? :v: One's kinda heading back under the table, and the other is behind Charmy's head.

And no matter how hard I try not to, I think of the Soleanna Forest when looking at that picture.

EDIT: Did I just get ninja'd while ninja'ing someone? Radical.

6. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Actually he does. One of them can be seen behind Charmys head, and the other behind his legs.

7. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Well...for the purpose of SA2's storyline...no. Eggman was not enough. They wanted a character that was directly opposite of Sonic. Someone who could do everything he could do and wasn't cordial with him for any reason. Mighty can't fill that role, but a clone of Sonic with upturned quills and jet black fur could.

I mean, argue what they could have done with the story all you want, but we're talking about how Mighty would fit into SA2 as it is, not how it shoulda/coulda/woulda been. Mighty couldn't perform the role that Sega wanted for that story.

8. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Fun fact: Shadow was originally suppose to be pure evil.

[background="#000000"]If only he stayed that way... Or had his personality shifted to more of a badass than an angsthog.[/background]

9. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    I'm with Namo and DalekSam. It wasn't...

Anyway, so we got Emerald Coast for the 3DS, which isn't bad at all. At least we can guess on the 3DS version. I dunno for sure what stages I would like to see revealed, but if I had to make some choices, I guess for SA2, Radical Highway or Pyramid Cave. Heroes...maybe Grand Metropolis (or Power Plant) or Hang Castle (or Mystic Mansion). They're more than likely going to combine the two similar stages into one like Sonic Team did with Seaside Hill. Sonic 2006, I can't decide. There's a lot of good choices there. Unleashed...Chun-Nan, definitely. Colors...doesn't matter.

It does kind of bum me out that Modern Sonic's gameplay in the 3DS is basically Rush with different physics (I think), layers, and different camera angles. It isn't bad, but still kind of lame. I still might pick it up. As for the picture of Sonic's birthday, I wouldn't be surprised if Shadow is pulling a Vegeta, hiding behind a tree with his arms crossed. Sounds like him. I'm guessing Eggman is going to crash the party, however. Still rather odd to see Blaze, but not Silver, but then again...well, I dunno. We'll just have to wait and see the actual scene.

I do wonder what's trailer is coming next? Crisis City or Planet Wisp. Definitely hoping for Crisis City, cause I would love to see how much detail is in that level.

10. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
  11. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Buying the shit out of both soundtracks.

12. That Spindash pose is awesome. Fucking bravo, Sega.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Oh cool! no needing to rip the 3DS soundtrack then. but then again there may be an unreleased track or 2 like with all official releases.

For some damned reason that blog locks up my browser and eats up my mem usage. can you link another source?

14. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    So they're releasing the tracks of each first stage of the series? An interesting idea; odd, but interesting. Though I like that their doing this, I'd put money on them "forgetting" certain tracks though, like Isolated Island.

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Its been like that since I can remember. lets go back a few games:

Colors OST - The ENTIRE DS soundtrack, alternate color power tracks, challenge mode music, supersonic's theme (though no matter how short it was), boosting version tracks.
    STH4 OST- The entire fucking thing!
    Unleashed OST - Windmill Isle Suburbs (the training stage), boosting version tracks
    STH2006 OST - Alternate main themes, alternate crisis city and kingdom valley tracks

Btw, this wiki page needs updating.

16. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Sonic 4 didn't really have that much music to begin with, so I wouldn't expect them to release something so small.

And wow, I never knew so much music was left out. To be fair thiugh, the alternate boost tracks were, to my knowledge, just blurred out audio with ehancements on the drums (and or treble really) in both Unleashed and Colors, and addin them in would just give off a sense of redundancy and would be less than pleasant to listen to. In Generations, however, there are completely new riffs and beats added to the boost tracks, making them worth listening to. It'd make more sense for them to release the full package now of all times :P

17. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member

[​IMG]

Sup guys. :v:

18. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Hm, maybe I am dreaming, but what if the "missing" posters in City Escape don't refer to the fact that Mighty and Ray have been missing from Sonic games since several years ago, but rather mean that they've been actually kidnapped in-game or something? At least with this interpretation they wouldn't be breaking the fourth wall :v:

19. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Found on GAF from a guy who found it on the Sega forums

Now THIS is interesting, the manga and game follow a different plot but with the same general outline, now I'm even more curious about this Time Eater.

20. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Time Eater footage leaked

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.