don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    To be honest, it was pretty obvious it wasn't. It's just a flying battery blimp. The zone proper have both times been giant metal airships.

2. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Yeah, though I must admit I was slightly disappointed by it not being, that would sure be cool; I was ready to chalk it up to being just a change in artistic style. Oh well.

And to be fair, it holds more of a similarity to Flying Fortress than anything. Look at the windows and overall architecture of the bottom:

[​IMG]

and then:

[​IMG]

Danged similar.

I'm not even going to pretend they're the same thing, but it brings up an idea that makes sense: Robotnik going back to previous styles of architecture and applying it to new devices. That's how it'd work in the real world, so it makes sense.

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    They're just portholes.

Honestly, guys, if you HAVE to reach for sticks to make a reference, at least use something a little more convincing. Like Sky Base from Sonic 1 MS/GG.

Otherwise, it's just one of many of Eggman's attack blimps. Nothing more.

4. Brad

Brad

yo Member
    UK
    Found this video, showing off a lot of cool stuff. And that ending...
    Extreme spoiler alert at 17:25 - an expected yet totally awesome spoiler regardless. View at your own risk:

5. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    That's not convincing to you? Same color, same shape, same architecture. It's no more far-fetched than using Endless Mine as part of City Escape's music, or mention of Mighty and Ray. In fact, considering how prominent it is in the games, I'd say it's less far-fetched.

6. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Expected this. Glad to see it actually happened.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Cool as the spoiler is, I'm far more interested in the fact that the skateboard works better than better than rolling.

8. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Holy crap that guy needs to not talk on his videos. Yelling into the mic like some twisted stupid chimpanzee.

9. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Loving that spoiler at the end there. Hoped and expected it but still.
    I also think that the fact their animation/poses are pretty much identical is a nice touch too, and it really shows the massive difference in their leg span lol

10. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    That skateboard got ridiculously fast at the end of the act.

This could open the door to some interesting time attacks. :v:

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I saw in the comments that one of my comments rustled someone's jimmies. That actually made me laugh a lot. But, I see the OP isn't taking it seriously and he's being haters gonna hate about it.

He's all right in my book. Video itself is on point.

12. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Super Sonic confirmed. HELL YES.

Erm... Anyway, I love how Modern invincible he can just literally walk into stuff. The invincibility seems unneeded IMO, and Classic's invincibility has a huge noticeable glitch where you can stack the invincibility stars. Ha.

Sonic on Crack, by the way, is freaking awesome. He goes so fucking fast with speed shoes and boosting. Speedrunning with that on would be freaking fantastic.

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I think the lack of Modern's invincibility is because either the effect wasn't extracted by the guy (which is illogical as it should trigger upon use) or more likely, the little rainbow star effect modern invincibility has had from SA1-Sonic 2006 hasn't been coded in yet. The music for Modern Sonic invincibility is there unless it's ultimately straight up scrapped.

14. Runner

Runner

Long time no see, old friend. Member
    Why does Modern Sonic should need Invincibility (and Speed Shoes) since he has boost?

15. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Two questions: who is this douchebag, and where did he get access to this stuff.

16. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Who knows. We just know for sure he has invincibility at some point in GHZ because he has invincibility music. But it just seems redundant to me because boost makes him invincible to everything but certain energy attacks and spikes.

As for how this guy accessed this stuff, it's obvious he hacked the PS3 demo on his jailbroken PS3. He mentioned not being able to fully access everything like Polygon Jim has, so he wasn't able to get shields working.

17. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Oh my god that guy needs to chill the fuck out seriously.

Saw the spoiler coming too. No footage of that in action? Laaaame.

18. nullaccnt

nullaccnt

No more off-topic posts about the way the uploader sounded, please.

19. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Next vidya maybe? He might be trying to drum up interest a bit.

20. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Haha, if that is who I think it is, I helped him out by repacking some stuff for him. For what it's worth, in the demo version Super Sonic plays no differently at all from normal. It's still really, really cool to see, and I'm glad you got this up, Jack! Without you, I'd still just be wishing I could still play the modern demo, haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.