don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Bit soon to be jumping around, don't you think? It's not like the game still has time in development. :rolleyes:

2. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Everytime we get impressions no one ever remembers to analyze the rolling physics.

Oh well not a big deal, I'm glad to hear this game is shaping up to play really well.

3. corneliab

corneliab

All this new footage is getting me increasingly stoked to see Planet Wisp in beautiful HD.

That stage will probably be fun as hell.

4. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    What are you talking about? There are some physics improvements immediately visible in the videos. TimmiT said after playing the 3DS version that they fixed the stopped momentum, and that loops worked properly. I wouldn't go so far as to say the physics are GOOD, but it's pretty obvious they're not simply ignoring them.

5. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member

50 dollars isn't THAT bad :P. Our own country wants $85 from new games, or even $93. Your $40 and 50 dollar is damn cheap combared to our game prices here. That's why I stopped buying from here and buying from GAME.

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

They already confirmed there's no stages form the Game Gear games, and there's only 7 stages on the 3DS version.

Courtesy of MarcelloF at SSMB, this is from Gamescom- boxart, release date, development progress is 70%, number of players, USK. The details are the same for all three versions. 70% sounds way too low for a game that being released in November, no?

He also got this video where he tried to show of the physics in Classic Mushroom Hill

Compared to the Rush games and S4, he certainly can't climb walls very easily.

7. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I haven't played Unleashed for a while, but control-wise it seemed pretty much the same. Maybe they improved it a bit, but I can't tell at the moment. There was more platforming than Unleashed usually has though.

8. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Looks like that place where special stage had to be, there's a trap. Special stage was the thing I wanted to know when I saw the Mushroom Hill gameplay.

9. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Actually, I did get to the part where the special stage was supposed to be, but instead of there one giant ring that takes you to it there were a bunch of rings forming a bigger ring.

10. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Nice touch by the 3DS developers there! Even things like that makes the game produce smiles (forgetting it being inferior to the main versions).

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's not a trap, but a glitch that made him fall through the floor.

Update-

Another video of Classic City Escape (PS3):

Modern Mushroom Hill. Don't get too excited- the play sucks and the video is very short. At least you can hear the music, which sounds very similar to the original.

Another update-

Digital Spy Preview
    That part in italics sounds amazing!

12. Hmm, tbh the 3DS version doesn't look as bad as I thought. Still not going to buy it or a 3ds, but I'm glad to know that Dimps is actually stepping up this time around =D

13. Dissident

Dissident

Sami Member
    I... I think that is the original. I hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like they've changed the music at all. >.>

14. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    I think so too. Hopefully, it's just a placeholder until the real one's done or something...

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Well, let's see. We have the same title screen, menu and Green Hill music (both acts) as the console version. Then we have a pretty weak rendition of the Doomsday music, which is incorrectly used and two versions of Mushroom Hill that sound (almost?) exactly like the originals. The music on the 3DS version isn't going to great.

16. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I have to be honest, the 3DS version is shaping up better than I expected. Not perfect, but I guess I'm a little less apprehensive for Sonic 4: Ep2, now.

17. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I hate how people keep lying to themselves and acting like its "shaping up" or "getting better". Lets face it, its not. We have dimps being lazy as fuck and using the EXACT SAME LEVEL LAYOUTS as the original because they can't come up with anything good themselves. Modern sonic's level looks plain and linear as fuck, completely unappealing. The music is horrible or stolen from the console version. It just plain looks lazy and hashed up.

Bottom line, I'm not lowering my standards for this excuse for a game.

And to make this post clear, its about the DS version.

18. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I'm in the "I like having the original layouts" boat. Lazy or not, I like what I see for Classic Sonic. If I had a 3DS, I'd definitely pick it up when it became a little bit cheaper. Liking what I see is all that matters to me. I could give a fuck about 'standards'.

19. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    While I don't think the 3DS version is a piece of shit, I'm not going to buy it for full price. I rather have new level layouts instead of old ones, but I might still buy it for half the price.

20. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Well, for me it's either this on the 3Ds or MarioKart 3Ds, and MarioKart eats this game up. But I'll buy it at a later stage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.